So.. Hows War doing?

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
broken-record.jpg

fanboi-anatomy.jpg

eksdee

FH is my second home
How long before Hirn and Azghal get sucked into the kind of frottage they're peddling?

This cancer will grow and spread unless it's cut out now.

wow. just wow. totally pathetic.

Nate

FH is my second home
How long before Hirn and Azghal get sucked into the kind of frottage they're peddling?

This cancer will grow and spread unless it's cut out now.
It's all been quite civil so far, you seem to have an issue with this kind of playstyle and it's getting a bit silly now. Your trying to provoke a flame war, so all I can say is grow up..theres already one going on in this thread we don't need anymore :)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
So you really shouldn't moan :p

I can honestly say I have tried to enjoy this game. I made a marauder on my headstart CE edition, got bored of that in T4 so made a magus, that was fun but still in T2 all that happened the majority of the time was BO swopping.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I can honestly say I have tried to enjoy this game. I made a marauder on my headstart CE edition, got bored of that in T4 so made a magus, that was fun but still in T2 all that happened the majority of the time was BO swopping.

Try, as we do, a guild fg running around T1-2-3 and you gonna have fun!
In case reroll Order and give me a shout :eek:

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
It's all been quite civil so far, you seem to have an issue with this kind of playstyle and it's getting a bit silly now. Your trying to provoke a flame war, so all I can say is grow up..theres already one going on in this thread we don't need anymore :)

I'm not trying to provoke a flame war - I'm expressing my opinion on a playstyle I consider to be at best contrived, and at worst bordering on cheating. My opinion's just as valid as that of anyone else that's posted here, and perhaps a tad more valid than some, seeing as I'm actually still playing. If it's not, I'd very much like to know why you think that.

As for growing up, lol, frankly. I don't think anyone who spends their free time playing pretend war with cartoons in computer games is in any tenable position to tell anyone else to grow up.

...and yeah, I include myself in that statement.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I feel I gave WAR a real chance, I played from open beta til just a few days ago. I've been pretty bored for the past month, coming from a player who mainly plays for group vs group fights, I wouldn't say this game really cuts it, mainly because Mythic made the most profitable source of renown points to PvE rather than 6v6, and the majority of the players go for reward/hour over fun. Up until about a month ago there was quite good 6v6 activity on KEP, but not enough that'd keep me going for THAT long. The last month though, there has been one consistant group playing for Destruction with another 2-3 groups playing now and then, and usually only on request. Fighting the same people over and over gets boring pretty fast :( Now that I've quit I'm not missing playing at all and have no urges to log on, maybe some day they'll improve the 6v6 side of things but I don't see it ever happening, so I'm now playing DAoC :)

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
So its fine and *ok* if you like pre arranged fights and not actual WAR in WAR? sounds like the usual shit then.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
So its fine and *ok* if you like pre arranged fights and not actual WAR in WAR? sounds like the usual shit then.

Yeah wtf people always complain when pvp is instanced, but pre arranging fights where you dont want any random adds joining in is pretty much the same thing as fighting in an instance.

Everz

FH is my second home
Whats a 6v6 like.. anything like a daoc 8v8 or something totally different?

Afran

Part of the furniture

I'm not saying that. I don't like fucking mindless zerging the shit out of empty Battle Objectives though!

Whats a 6v6 like.. anything like a daoc 8v8 or something totally different?

It's pretty fun, quite a few balance issues, I still prefer DAoC 8v8 though really :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's pretty fun, quite a few balance issues, I still prefer DAoC 8v8 though really :)

thats because Mythic caved in and gave the whiners what they wanted in DaoC, they are thankfully not there yet in WAR. so u wont see any 6v6 balancing for quite a while yet. probably not untill theres no real zerg warfare possible anymore.

but seriously (and i'm not having a go at anyone with this question, i'm genuinely interested in knowing) WHY do ppl want to play CS in a MMO? because thats (atleast from my view) what FG vs FG fights are all about.

i mean, whats the point in playing a MMORPG when u only want controllable fights without interfearance?

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Just to reply to the above question. Think the reason i love grp action is the competition. Just as any irl action and sports. But i dont understand why they whine about fighting more then a grp. Aint that the whole challenge? Thats where u get ur respect from other players. The guild-grp that can take out more then a FG and also don't whine about getting ganked if they fail... Aint Dem Hibbies movie the best Daoc movie by far? Reason is the music and the amazing destruction.. killing more then only FG's...

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
My opinion's just as valid as that of anyone else that's posted here, and perhaps a tad more valid than some, seeing as I'm actually still playing. If it's not, I'd very much like to know why you think that.

Re-read this as:

"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS."
Orwell (1945) Animal Farm.

Orwell also said "Donkeys live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead donkey,"

eksdee

FH is my second home
Just to reply to the above question. Think the reason i love grp action is the competition. Just as any irl action and sports. But i dont understand why they whine about fighting more then a grp. Aint that the whole challenge? Thats where u get ur respect from other players. The guild-grp that can take out more then a FG and also don't whine about getting ganked if they fail... Aint Dem Hibbies movie the best Daoc movie by far? Reason is the music and the amazing destruction.. killing more then only FG's...

totally agree, i enjoy both 6v6 and 6vmany and that's what we (XXI Grams) do every single day on our server. i find it hilarious that the people crying about 6v6 in this thread are whining about the whining which actually doesn't exist in this game, at least not on k8p. sure, occasionally people probably get mad and make the odd forum post or irc flame but that's par for the course with ANY aspect of the game.

i really don't get why you care so much anyway. 90% of the small group style groups/guilds wouldn't be playing this game if all there was to do was zerg and so them doing 6v6/small group doesn't make any difference what-so-ever seen as it isn't taking anyone away from the 'war' effort at all as they wouldn't be taking part anyway.

MOREOVER, i'd like to point out that my guild takes a huge part in fortress raids and the 'war effort' by being a small group guild. we win scenarios, we block people from getting to the fortress.

stopped being so small-minded and realise that everyone can play a part, whether or not they do it they way YOU feel is correct.

Afran

Part of the furniture
WHY do ppl want to play CS in a MMO? because thats (atleast from my view) what FG vs FG fights are all about.

I don't enjoy 6v6 much when it's arranged in an uncontested zone with no interference, in an ideal world I'd much prefer it in a contested zone, where you can have multiple adds, in a game where adds are managable, and where the players actually want to do more than PvE, that's why I quit. :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I don't enjoy 6v6 much when it's arranged in an uncontested zone with no interference, in an ideal world I'd much prefer it in a contested zone, where you can have multiple adds, in a game where adds are managable, and where the players actually want to do more than PvE, that's why I quit. :p

Order must have pretty much figured out on Karak-Hirn by now that if I'm in a zone we're there to fight, not PvE. We'll hit the PvE targets of course but mainly we want an environment that promotes player vs player RvR, not the PvE variation of RvR.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
totally agree, i enjoy both 6v6 and 6vmany and that's what we (XXI Grams) do every single day on our server. i find it hilarious that the people crying about 6v6 in this thread are whining about the whining which actually doesn't exist in this game, at least not on k8p. sure, occasionally people probably get mad and make the odd forum post or irc flame but that's par for the course with ANY aspect of the game.

i really don't get why you care so much anyway. 90% of the small group style groups/guilds wouldn't be playing this game if all there was to do was zerg and so them doing 6v6/small group doesn't make any difference what-so-ever seen as it isn't taking anyone away from the 'war' effort at all as they wouldn't be taking part anyway.

MOREOVER, i'd like to point out that my guild takes a huge part in fortress raids and the 'war effort' by being a small group guild. we win scenarios, we block people from getting to the fortress.

stopped being so small-minded and realise that everyone can play a part, whether or not they do it they way YOU feel is correct.

I'm small minded? Don't understand mate..

eksdee

FH is my second home
nono, i meant the other people who are badmouthing the smallgrp minded players, just quoted your post to say i agreed with what you said. should have made it clearer, soz!

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the game has improved somewhat recently.

My view is very likely to be influenced by my guild (NFD) being very active in ORvR in T2 and T3 in K8P. Thye form groups or small warbands and look for enemy players rather than simply PvE'ing objectives and it is that type of play that suits me.

I think there are more and more likeminded people being active.

I am not saying there is no place for people who enjoy grabbing objective after objective, it is not my thing but in any MMORPG there should be a place for everyone. The hard part for any game creators is finding a way to cater for all types of player.

Just need the realm to become a little more populated.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
If you take charge of the situation you can always start some fights. I spent all afternoon in t1 on Hirn with my new SW getting groups together and fighting destruction players. Of course we took a lot of BOs too, but we never avoided a fight in order to get them.
Lots of people just don't want to take charge of a party or warband and just follow wherever it goes, which usually leads to keep/bo farming because it doesn't require any organisation and barely even any communication: all you have to do is start bossing people around :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom