So.. Hows War doing?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Just out of interrest, and boredome - hows the game doing atm? Compared the the first 3 months after release?

I stopped playing back then, as it just got to repetitive and dull and the open rvr was none-existent in the high lvl content..

So.
How is the world pvp @ the endgame?

How many players fight in the big plains of War at primetime?

/thanks in advance..

Nate

FH is my second home
On K8P Tier 4 RvR has turned around from Destruction dominating to Order. The servers supposedly one of the biggest in EU and apparently last night shown Order Med Destruction Low, a lack of leadership maybe but some say they aren't interested in the end game right now. The 6v6 Scene is to kick off tonight with a planned event for both sides, so hopefully all is not lost and there will be something to have some fun with on this server.

Haven't had a CTD in quite a while now, but it's still all the same content with a couple of new Careers. They don't seem to be all that overpowered as you'd expect from Mythic aswell. Supposedly some interesting news is coming on the 29th, Mythic are going to outline what they plan to do in the year and there are hints that the two mdps careers that are missing are coming in.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Can't comment on other servers. Karak-Hirn has lively RvR every night and is a lot of fun.

While there are still things to fix, for the most part T4 RvR is where it should be. Bit more variation would be nice in the endgame giggles. You'll find people complaining about this or that but these days its mostly the finer points of class balancing rather than some of the huge differences that were there at launch.

I still play both WoW and WAR - its hard sometimes motivating to log into WoW when the PvP/RvR in WAR beats anything WoW has to offer hands down. For me, anyway; I dip in and out and can be casual about WAR and still take part in a meaningful way, something I cannot do in WoW because at cap level its all about grinding rep or raids. WAR is about war. It might not be everywhere in the way they'd hoped but its pretty decent.

Because of things they didn't have right at the start Mythic lost some ground but they've recovered some of that. There is still more to do.

Short version: Its damn fun.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I like this game and I enjoy Eight Peaks. There are issues but they are not game breaking for me. I detest the PvE ing of keeps in tier 2 and 3 but the good thing is our guild mates avoid this and like to mess around. I have not hit Teir 4 yet but then what is the point rushing through the game when there is so much to have a look at. What shocks me is that too many people complain and fail to see what is good about the game.

The issue is I need to play more though so I am by no means an expert.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I detest the PvE ing of keeps in tier 2 and 3 but the good thing is our guild mates avoid this and like to mess around.

Today I solo'd a Tier 1 BO (Champ + all other guards) with my Archmage then killed the Dest guy that came to investigate :D

Perhaps this could use some balancing ;)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
What shocks me is that too many people complain and fail to see what is good about the game.

I agree, imo this game is fun. Hopefully the amount of complaints from people who have already quit will go down from now on as all the people who don't like the game have already left. I also suspect that lots of the people who enjoy this game don't bother to post about it whereas everyone who dislikes it wants somewhere to vent their frustration and forums are an obvious place, which obviously gives a skewed perspective of the game to others.
Oh and open rvr has definately improved a lot since the first 3 months.

eksdee

FH is my second home
its improving all the time tbh.

word.

we had 6 order groups and 6 destruction groups 6v6'ing in praag tonight. was great fun, just a shame not all the groups that said they would turned up.

i have great fun in rvr every day on my shaman and i think this game just requires more effort from those involved with the orvr to change the focus of it.

XXI will be releasing a pvp video tomorrow showcasing the small group aspect of the game, hopefully some of the footage will give hope to some of the naysayers :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I'm looking forward to that Miri, I miss the good 8v8 Vid's of yore. Was looking to put a solo one together at some point, but its slightly hampered by the fact I havn't had one decent solo fight ever. :p

eksdee

FH is my second home
jump in #eightpeaks.pvp and #eightpeaks.6v6 on irc, you'll find plenty of people looking for duels there :)

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
jump in #eightpeaks.pvp and #eightpeaks.6v6 on irc, you'll find plenty of people looking for duels there :)

Oh ffs. :twak:

So let's say for instance I'm bundling around Praag with half a warband, and I come across one of your little 6v6 circle-jerks. We steamroll over your opponents, or you. Are your leet megamates going to accept this is part of the game, or am I going to be met with torrents of "FFS DON'T ADD!!1" in /1?

Where does this end? What's to stop these Order and Destro 6-man opted groups, who are already using a third party program to circumvent ingame restrictions in breech of Mythic's CoC/EULA, (mIRC enabling order and destro to communicate freely,) agreeing to RP farm each other?

Meet at xx,yy and we'll kill all but one of your healers. You res up, we wait, then you kill all but one of our healers, OR, we'll wait outside X keep while you take it, then we'll take it, then you'll take it, then we'll take it...

Are people going to be made to feel unwelcome in RvR zones because X and Y guilds have "booked" it for their playfights?

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit bordering on cross-realming, and can only harm the game.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>What shocks me is that too many people complain and fail to see what is good about the game.
<snip>

Why would that shock you? And why do you think people fail to see what is good?

I'm sure that most of everybody else that have quit or those who complain and play can see what is good about the game, but it is still a game which asks you to put in money each month and thus you are entitled to expectations. Just because people don't think it is worth to put money into it, or complain about issues doesn't mean they do not see the good it in.

There are in my view many good things about Warhammer - it just didn't bring what I expected, Mythic didn't (doesn't) do things in a manner which makes me want to post money into them (and least of all GOA) while waiting for them to correct/fix issues and so on..... that doesn't mean I can't see the good things while still "complaining" about the bad things.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Why would that shock you? And why do you think people fail to see what is good?

I'm sure that most of everybody else that have quit or those who complain and play can see what is good about the game, but it is still a game which asks you to put in money each month and thus you are entitled to expectations. Just because people don't think it is worth to put money into it, or complain about issues doesn't mean they do not see the good it in.

There are in my view many good things about Warhammer - it just didn't bring what I expected, Mythic didn't (doesn't) do things in a manner which makes me want to post money into them (and least of all GOA) while waiting for them to correct/fix issues and so on..... that doesn't mean I can't see the good things while still "complaining" about the bad things.

It shocks me because there is a very severe imbalance in the comments and a lot of the stuff said is outlandish. My comment refers to those comments. Not to the very good constructive posts that have been made about the clear problems there are. Many people have stated that the end game is broken but continue to level up other toons and play in Tiers 1&2. That seems very reasonable, why? Because it is actually a very nicely designed game.

Lets take a few examples. The context of play interacts very nicely with how you play. Not a lot of MMO's have such a nice design. What do I mean? Well you go to a new zone and receive a few PvE quests. They send you to the Public quests. So as a player you get poked to do those whilst you are there. You can click on your UI and look for open groups. join them and play with a few people. In that respect you get pulled away from your solo quests and get dragged into a bigger thing for a bit. Get tierd of that?

You can move on and play out your solo quests. I have seen a lot of comments about how public quests are broken. The truth is I have frequently and still frequently do come accross open warbands doing them.

Another example. You get in from work are a bit pissed off and don't feel like all that public questing and stuff. What do you do? You simply log in and run through the content. Even if you don't want to quest you can go look for tome unlocks and enjoy the detail of what has been prepared. In the middle of exploring you can port to PvP scenarios at your choosing and play those out.

The design is superb. No other game gives you this flexibility.

Now this does not preclude that in the higher tiers there are clear problems and the game is broken. Especially with CC. However, the funny thing is that doesn't concern me too much. I am too busy taking in the scenery at the lower tiers to worry at this stage.

The biggest problems I have had is running into places and finding that people are actually playing in a very strange way. Here are the 3 really bizzarre things you see in WAR.
1) a warband in an RvR zone not wanting to RvR but preferring to go to an empty keep and purposively avoiding a good scrap,
2) a scenario where everyone on your side is soloing,
3) players who run around in circles hopping about when the game says explicitly that movement disrupts some abilities from working....

Apart from that I don't have many issues. Witch elves are a bit scary but I can stand up to them on my healer while a realm mate chews through them. I can beat some of them with my WH and certainly easily enough on the White Lion.

On GOA - apart from a few hiccups on release I have found their service superb with WAR. Long may that continue.

Finally, you can do what you want to do. You can complain when it doesn't meet your expectations. You can take your money elsewhere. You can post here and complain. It doesn't mean I get it.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

So let's say for instance I'm bundling around Praag with half a warband, and I come across one of your little 6v6 circle-jerks. We steamroll over your opponents, or you. Are your leet megamates going to accept this is part of the game, or am I going to be met with torrents of "FFS DON'T ADD!!1" in /1?

Where does this end? What's to stop these Order and Destro 6-man opted groups, who are already using a third party program to circumvent ingame restrictions in breech of Mythic's CoC/EULA, (mIRC enabling order and destro to communicate freely,) agreeing to RP farm each other?

Meet at xx,yy and we'll kill all but one of your healers. You res up, we wait, then you kill all but one of our healers, OR, we'll wait outside X keep while you take it, then we'll take it, then you'll take it, then we'll take it...

Are people going to be made to feel unwelcome in RvR zones because X and Y guilds have "booked" it for their playfights?

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit bordering on cross-realming, and can only harm the game.

As soon as people start dying it'll flag it up on the map and the zerg will get em. They might get 10-20 minutes of 6v6 fighting in the meantime, so it should be all good for everyone as long as people don't moan when they die in an rvr zone :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Let's not start this shit again, it already ruined Daoc.
Let the people play the game how the fuck they find it fun tbh, the 6vs6 and the 1vs1 people will just change zone when the Zergs will clash and all can get along happy.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Let's not start this shit again, it already ruined Daoc.
Let the people play the game how the fuck they find it fun tbh, the 6vs6 and the 1vs1 people will just change zone when the Zergs will clash and all can get along happy.

:iagree: but you know what he is talking about Gahn , there will allways be some "elitist" complaining about being "zerged" down in a Open Realm vs Realm zone ! I like 1vs1's and full groups vs full groups aswell , but i do accept that me and my group m8's can get bashed in to pieces by the hungry zerg since i know we are in a open battlefield , and i sure wont start to yell "STOP ADDING/ZERGING YOU TWAT !!!"
Anyway back on topic , from my pov the game has improved in many aspects , still a few buggs here and there but over-all its getting better , so if you have stoped and are thinking about try it again....think no further , play and enjoy the game :drink:

PS : if you do as many others does (at least me) and dont have to high expectations you will more than likely love it ;)

eksdee

FH is my second home

if we roam in a contested zone, yes we accept it and just laugh about it together. most of the time though, we farm the clickers and key board turners in the zerg anyway. when there are full groups out we tend to go to uncontested zones to fight. that way everyone wins, we're out of the way of the zerg and both groups of players can do exactly as they please without annoying anyone. moreover, regarding the 'rp farm' thing. no, we just roam and kill on sight everything so it's not rp farming in any way, no more so at least than farming undefended bo's and keeps all day.

As soon as people start dying it'll flag it up on the map and the zerg will get em. They might get 10-20 minutes of 6v6 fighting in the meantime, so it should be all good for everyone as long as people don't moan when they die in an rvr zone :)

we had a 6v6 event for about 3-4 hours last night without any interruptions and i can't actually remember ever being zerged while 6v6'ing, so no you're wrong.

Nate

FH is my second home
At the end of the day, you guys aren't even playing on the same server as each other so there is nothing to worry about.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
PS : if you do as many others does (at least me) and dont have to high expectations you will more than likely love it ;)

haha yeah i think that was lots of people's problems; they expected it to be an in game orgasm when really its just a quite good game.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They STILL haven't fixed pets properly yet plenty of other bugs too, though the general stability is improving.

Personally quit again for a few months.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Sounds good, might consider returning then :O

Just a few more Q´s..

Is the root system fixed? Ie diminishing returns implemented, and the chance to breake fixed?

Is the "Target out of range" still around, when chasing people as a melee char?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
A forum about a game people like is a forum about a game people like no matter how much you post there.:p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
A turd is a turd no matter how much you polish it.

broken-record.jpg

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
At the end of the day, you guys aren't even playing on the same server as each other so there is nothing to worry about.

How long before Hirn and Azghal get sucked into the kind of frottage they're peddling?

This cancer will grow and spread unless it's cut out now.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
How long before Hirn and Azghal get sucked into the kind of frottage they're peddling?

This cancer will grow and spread unless it's cut out now.

Thats a bit fucking strong.

They pay their own subs, they can play how they want, is how I see it.
It's not effecting you or your server as it stands, Miri already said they just have a laugh when the zerg swallows them up, so who gives a shit?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Miri already said they just have a laugh when the zerg swallows them up

As long as they can keep it like that and we don't see any of the "don't add" bullshit from daoc I don't mind.

I'm not convinced they can ;) and I think it'll take some effort from the 6v6 lot to make sure they don't develop that attitude, but I hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom