The first patch! What do you think it will contain?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I think this root issue effects all roots. As a witch Hunter I'm often rooted and nuked with no chance of escape (until the root removal thing, which doesn't seem to work 100% against snares btw). The most annoying class for doing this is the Squig Herder, unless ofc 'Sticky Squigs' is different and is not meant to break on attack?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
+rep +skills

Finally someone who gets it!

God, your one clueless girl..

Your whining about the first 3 posts, being about caster roots being OP..

Aint there a small possebility that the reason for this, could be an actual problem with those roots? The reason why order isnt whining about this, is the difference in numbers.. Order has ALOT more BW´s, then Dest have Sorcs, as far as i have seen. In our scenarios, there is allways 5-8 BW´s and maybe 2-4 Sorcs at best.

Get a clue tbh.. Your the one in here whining, becoues you wanna keep your imba insta roots.

My last post about this.. you can have what ever last whining word you want..

GJ and GD.

P.S.

To the above post..
I think your correct on that. Seems to be the same with any roots, altho im not sure if they should or should not brake on damage..

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
God, your one clueless girl..

She mentioned she was 25 earlier which kinda makes her a woman!!! :twak:

Anyway enough of the trash, both sides have supposed issues depending on how mature/realistic the player on the receiving end is. Let us all get along to 40 then see how each of the classes performs in a group environment (thats how they are meant to be played!)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Hope they buff the Magus/Engineer and Squig Herder and Shadow Warrior oh and fix pet pathing, After trying a White Lion, your pet is your only snare its such a shame the thing is plagued with bugs.

rynnor

Rockhound
Would be nice if the cities levelled a bit quicker - its taking ages to reach level 2 lol and thats on a busy to the point of overload server?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Would be nice if the cities levelled a bit quicker - its taking ages to reach level 2 lol and thats on a busy to the point of overload server?

Once people hit level 40 and start doing the instances in the cities I expect it'll go faster - not to mention the bonuses to your city you get from raiding the enemy city - if you could get to level 5 really easily without that it'd detract a bit from that I think.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Update 09/23/2008
  • Fixed a bug where root spells did not have a chance to break if incoming damage was defended against or absorbed.
  • Fixed a bug where root spells would not properly break on damage after the 1.5s 'Guaranteed Root' time expired.
  • Continuous damage effects such as damage over time will still only have a chance to break on initial application of the spell, not subsequent tics of damage.

From VN but can't find it on herald.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Amongst the obvious stuff like CTDs I'd like a fix for the nasty hitch you get when crossing zone boundaries. Especially annoying in RVR.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Your missing my point, the first 3 posts call for nerfs, they dont mention anything about the root,

and if the root is deemed to be 'broken' then no doubt it will be fixed but from what I read on Warhammer Alliance some people tend to think its functioning as intended and does break 50% of the time on damage (guess they lie or you were unlucky a lot)

I dont think it is supposed to break on any damage taken, it just has a 50% chance on each bit of damage received to break the root.

Why would I want or need an OP root ? Not like it will make me insta win any encounters. Team play will, get it ? no didnt think so.

Oh and you cant nerf abilities based on how many people play a class, that would just be stupid. Stop being a clueless boy :worthy:

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Your missing my point, the first 3 posts call for nerfs, they dont mention anything about the root,

and if the root is deemed to be 'broken' then no doubt it will be fixed but from what I read on Warhammer Alliance some people tend to think its functioning as intended and does break 50% of the time on damage (guess they lie or you were unlucky a lot)

I dont think it is supposed to break on any damage taken, it just has a 50% chance on each bit of damage received to break the root.

Why would I want or need an OP root ? Not like it will make me insta win any encounters. Team play will, get it ? no didnt think so.

Oh and you cant nerf abilities based on how many people play a class, that would just be stupid. Stop being a clueless boy :worthy:

To be honest, it doesn't work as intended, IMHO.
It should have a 50% chance of breaking on any damage taken, but it just doesn't. It nearly never breaks and you have to stay there and be a sitting duck for the full 10 seconds.
Unless I'm very unlucky,and it just doesn't break for me :p

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Well duno cant say I have used the spell that much, patchnotes would seem to indicate it is getting a fix anyway, should shut the melee whiners up for 5 mins or so before they find something else to bitch about BW for :)

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
I would personally just like to see less "invalid targets" after I cast a 3 second heal on myself (and yes, I've targetted myself not just left it blank) with spell pushbacks making it around 5 seconds at least....

Or my Morale heal just not firing, or even the heals that seem to vanish into the nether.

Memph1s

Fledgling Freddie
Well some of us are in T4 =) anyways I would like the next patch to fix the "ability not ready yet" bug, it's pissing me off...god knows how many times I died cause I couldnt cast a spell that acturly is ready :S, and after that fix the bug where spell graphics gets stucked on your char <.<

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well some of us are in T4 =) anyways I would like the next patch to fix the "ability not ready yet" bug, it's pissing me off...god knows how many times I died cause I couldnt cast a spell that acturly is ready :S

Yeah it's the only thing in game atm that's really annoying me also, thinking your moral is ready because it's lit up and then getting spammed with "ability is not ready yet!"
Same with all abilities with a cooldown, must have cost me several deaths aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom