Shadowblade Stun/Mez counters

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Fighting a shadowblade yesterday on my eld, and had something strange. First mezzed him. which he purged. Then stunned, continued to run off to get a bit of range but immediately panning behind, and guy wasnt stunned.

Faced and recast stun as I assumed that he had stun immunity up, but reported that he cannot have that effect again.

Started nuking then he vanished anyhow on about 10% life.

Scrolled back afterwards and the first stun reported as landing ok.

Anyone know what could of happened here?

Also, I thought last attacker button would give you 'target is not visible' on a close stealthed last attacker, but it was giving me target out of range, which got me killed :(. Anyone else found this?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
If it was a low rr maybe he had purge 1? You mezz, he purge 1, u see the effect and stun him, then the purge goes off and purges both.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
sometimes ive been mezzed and purge and get out then get stunned and can also purge that sometimes.Not allways but sometimes dunno why this is but strange.
Also what noaim said . ;)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
If it was a low rr maybe he had purge 1? You mezz, he purge 1, u see the effect and stun him, then the purge goes off and purges both.

Mmm dont think so, coz as soon as the purge hit, he was demezzed, thats after waiting for about 6 seconds, then I kited a bit, and stunned. Also it was Eul, thought he had purge 3.

Been having some good fights with him, only shadowblade on at the moment that i fear. Though he likes his emoting after he's won. Just thought I had him nailed for once :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Sometimes stuff moves a bit or even gets a melee slap on you well after u mez/stun em, dunno if that. It's been a while since I noticed stuff getting melee hits in after a stun landed, but seems quite common lately.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Sometimes stuff moves a bit or even gets a melee slap on you well after u mez/stun em, dunno if that. It's been a while since I noticed stuff getting melee hits in after a stun landed, but seems quite common lately.

Naw, definately not that.

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
stuns cant be resisted and once ppl vanish u cant hit last attacker button and expect u see him btw in water dont expet ppl more on same surface or line when they got 10% hps.
btw u might have mezzed and stuned same time so timing for purge can take off both effects same time.
and yes i sometimes emote adder and leecher wont deny that.

kolomparas

Fledgling Freddie
well sometimes u stun and u get the message that he is stunned but he is not...it has happened to me before...tho it is very rare...

Sorin

Banned
If he moved after you stuned him it could also have been his lag ghost.

It happens to me all the time.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
stuns cant be resisted and once ppl vanish u cant hit last attacker button and expect u see him btw in water dont expet ppl more on same surface or line when they got 10% hps.
btw u might have mezzed and stuned same time so timing for purge can take off both effects same time.
and yes i sometimes emote adder and leecher wont deny that.

Just a few points.

The last attacker thing is that you can spam it as long as you want after youve been attacked and you get one of two messages if they are in game 'target is out of range' and 'target is not visible'. Its a very good way of telling if person who attacked you is still around. I just discovered lastnight that it doesnt seem to work on a stealthed last attacker, you were right next to me and I was getting 'target is out of range'. So I was just healing up, thinking I was safe when you jumped me and killed me (again!). Was just asking if anyone else noticed this specifically with stealth, as it wasnt impossible that last attacker wasnt you - just sure it still was.

Regards rest, naw, i didnt mez and stun at the same time. Mezzed, sat waiting watching you, you purged, animation went up and you started moving, I stunned, moved to get a bit of range, panned back immediately and you were coming for me immediately. Was under water around beno docks bridge around 6pm uk time, I was on darkshroud.

Recast stun (still had plenty of range) as thought you must of had stun immunity up last time, but it didnt stick coz you already had the effect.

Ahh well, must just of been one of those things as some people suggested, dunno if you remember the event. Just wondered if I was missing a shadowblade trick I didnt know about as was sure had you nailed for a change.

Good play anyhow.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
pretty hard to point out the reason if you don't post the log of what happened :p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
pretty hard to point out the reason if you don't post the log of what happened :p

I wasnt logging. But all the log would show is the events as I described. Main reason for post was just to see if i'd missed a trick. I'll just put it down to one of those things as looks like I haven't.

*edit
I'll check tonight, might of had it turned on, but doubt it.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Had some strange things like that happen to me too, in a fight on my ranger against Prezzemolina I land Ice Storm on him once, second time I also land it (You see gfx, and system message says 'he is stunned') and he stand stills, I turn to his side and see him look exactly like he was stunned, but he is still styling me. It was included in my latest video too.

Another time I stunned Eul with Ice Storm and just as the other fight, you could see gfx and system message 'eul is stunned!' I turned around to 'finish' him but he could still style me, bang dead.

Neither of them purged.

I think it's just a bug.

Barun

Loyal Freddie
i dont giv a shit what people say, ive double purged shit loads :/

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
GoLM antimezz + CB anti stun? (if its already mentioned, im sorry, didn't bother to read all the replies)

Davejohnson

Banned
GoLM antimezz + CB anti stun? (if its already mentioned, im sorry, didn't bother to read all the replies)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Davejohnson said:
GoLM antimezz + CB anti stun?

Sorry if i was a little unclear, but don't Golm also got one of these 1 mezz "resist" /use (simular to CB)? if so the combination of that + CB

Davejohnson

Banned
Sorry if i was a little unclear, but don't Golm also got one of these 1 mezz "resist" /use (simular to CB)? if so the combination of that + CB

huh? dunno wtf you are talking about, i couldnt be arsed to read the other replies

illu

Part of the furniture
That could be one of the reasons perhaps - if he had Mezz or Stun CB Feedback up - but most SB's don't template CB into their templates, and if they do - the feedback spell is low priority down the list after AF/Haste/SoM/Battler/PH/Malice/Scalars etc etc etc.

I think the game probably bugged as if you get mezzed -> purge then stunned, as an assassin you are toast. The moment a caster makes up any kind of gap, zap zap zap dead.

Or Eul is using some kind of godmode :p

Or maybe he faked being mezzed (say it got resisted or someone hits him after) then he got stunned and then purged :>

Oli - Illu

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I'd of thought the purge 1 5 second delay is most likely reason.

Though I have had someone slam me before without getting any kind of stun despite the style landing normally.

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
even after u landed the first stun and hi's ceremonial takes it off, he will still have a ~30 secs stun immunity timer... i think, im pretty sure :p might be wrong, drunk and shit atm :D

Septina

Part of the furniture
even after u landed the first stun and hi's ceremonial takes it off, he will still have a ~30 secs stun immunity timer... i think, im pretty sure :p might be wrong, drunk and shit atm :D

Err, he wont get the immunity unless the stun actually lands. :O
Same with mezz feedback, all you need to do is recast the mezz and poof, mezzed target.

Think Crom even mentioned that the stun landed and wasnt blocked by any feedback?

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Waiting for Eul to defend himself, if not we might just think that he's a cheating bum.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato , melee stuns can be resisted since a couple patches back afaik :)

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato , melee stuns can be resisted since a couple patches back afaik :)

Mhmm "Your target shrugs off the stun." think its only happened when i slammed someone once out of about 1 million times though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom