I miss my Shadowblade :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If I'm honest I don't really miss the game itself that much, but that's because for the last 2 - 3 years it was a mere shadow of it's former glory in the first 2 years.

What I do miss, and miss alot is my old Kagato and the power I had. Nope that's not bragging just a fact, going from being a well established character that's been tweaked and maxed out to its fullest possible potential, 400 plat in the bank and RR11+ to starting all over again as level 1 in a brand new game was one hell of a shock !

Even after it's been a year or more I still miss that feeling of being able to just login, walk out in the frontier and feeling confident I could handle anything that dared to attack me in a fair fight.

I'd really like to say I miss the community and the social side of things, but sadly that also dissappeared mostly in the latter years. Heck this place has never been *that* friendly but you get used to it, however as more and more veterans quit it did get worse I think, specially after the cluster.

I think in the end though it was a good thing, my real life has certainly improved after quitting daoc, it's like online nicotine, damaging your life in small ways you don't notice until it's to late and then you realise just how addicted you really were.
I still play lord of the rings online but only casually and only login every couple of days, much better that way as its something you can just pick up and mess with without the same feeling of competitiveness and wanting to stay at the top.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
If I'm honest I don't really miss the game itself that much, but that's because for the last 2 - 3 years it was a mere shadow of it's former glory in the first 2 years.

What I do miss, and miss alot is my old Kagato and the power I had. Nope that's not bragging just a fact, going from being a well established character that's been tweaked and maxed out to its fullest possible potential, 400 plat in the bank and RR11+ to starting all over again as level 1 in a brand new game was one hell of a shock !

Even after it's been a year or more I still miss that feeling of being able to just login, walk out in the frontier and feeling confident I could handle anything that dared to attack me in a fair fight.

I'd really like to say I miss the community and the social side of things, but sadly that also dissappeared mostly in the latter years. Heck this place has never been *that* friendly but you get used to it, however as more and more veterans quit it did get worse I think, specially after the cluster.

I think in the end though it was a good thing, my real life has certainly improved after quitting daoc, it's like online nicotine, damaging your life in small ways you don't notice until it's to late and then you realise just how addicted you really were.
I still play lord of the rings online but only casually and only login every couple of days, much better that way as its something you can just pick up and mess with without the same feeling of competitiveness and wanting to stay at the top.
indeed its hard starting all over with no tools and no PL what-so-ever. that's the main reason i'm not gonna bother to start up again either... and aswell, i think every person who quit daoc has better social skills now than ever before :D

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
indeed its hard starting all over with no tools and no pl what-so-ever. That's the main reason i'm not gonna bother to start up again either... And aswell, i think every person who quit daoc has better social skills now than ever before :d

fuck off! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom