Mezz and Stun and their place in game

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
Hi All :)

Before you all jump down my throat what I am about to ask is you'r oppinions...NO WAY am I trying to tell everyone how to play or dictate the games mechanics...

What reason is there to have Mezz and Stun in RVR these days ?

What I see is great fights at night...where area mezz and stun are used in full-on battles between zergs/fg's and it seems to be a real laugh ...great fun...especially when your side gets the mezz in first.

What is annoying though to alot of people is when mezz seems to be used at none peak times by for example a duo...

Here comes a soloer ... One mezzes and the other nukes to death...

I see and am affected by this many times...

I am not moaning about it ...I can live with it to be hosest ( die more :D )

What do you think...

Is a RvR cluster with peak times ( where Mezz/Stun is great FUN ) and none peak times ...means soloers are ganked by duo's ( or even soloers ) with mezz...the way to go...

Or would a RvR enviroment without mezz at all in RVR areas be better ..and give better battles....

hmmmm...

Talking to mezer classes ...Like Healers ...some say whats point in their class without mezz...

All views appreciated.

See you ingame :)

Scrinthe

cmr

Banned
Scrinthe said:
Hi All :)

Before you all jump down my throat what I am about to ask is you'r oppinions...NO WAY am I trying to tell everyone how to play or dictate the games mechanics...

What reason is there to have Mezz and Stun in RVR these days ?

What I see is great fights at night...where area mezz and stun are used in full-on battles between zergs/fg's and it seems to be a real laugh ...great fun...especially when your side gets the mezz in first.

What is annoying though to alot of people is when mezz seems to be used at none peak times by for example a duo...

Here comes a soloer ... One mezzes and the other nukes to death...

I see and am affected by this many times...

I am not moaning about it ...I can live with it to be hosest ( die more :D )

What do you think...

Is a RvR cluster with peak times ( where Mezz/Stun is great FUN ) and none peak times ...means soloers are ganked by duo's ( or even soloers ) with mezz...the way to go...

Or would a RvR enviroment without mezz at all in RVR areas be better ..and give better battles....

hmmmm...

Talking to mezer classes ...Like Healers ...some say whats point in their class without mezz...

All views appreciated.

See you ingame :)

Scrinthe

bds complaining he cant beat duos, rr5 and purge anyone

.... this thread is going down in flames, hf

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Mezz/stun is fine.. If you don't like it, grp a healer?

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
cmr said:

I was not on about me.... I may be a crap player... I maybe a good player...

I may not want to spend my point in perge ...I may want to...

I am asking the community what they think...

Not being narrow minded and thinking of myself

I hear people every day saying Mezz and stun is SH IT

and on the other hand ... people say it is the Bees Knees

I asked a simple question

No need to get all flamey allready ... :)

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
cmr wrote: bds complaining he cant beat duos, rr5 and purge anyone

I havent read a single post under your name since u joined this forum ( and its not long at all ) to be constructive,cheerfull, or in the end of the day genuine.

People like you need to learn to judge others not from their class they chose to play but as in players. Throwing useless childish no life self e-peen +1 posts like every single one of yours wont go anywhere or wont help anyone. Im sure u dont give a shit about it but neither do I hence my responce :puke:

As for the thread.
I do believe that CC spells play their important role in both pvp and pve and are quite vital in some situations. Without doubt their role used to be huge in the OF days or like most people used to say it ( Its 80% of the battle u engaging on ) . Nowadays CC spells are pretty much weakened by many factors :

Artifacts: Mezz reduction and block buffs
RA: Cheap Purge, Det , stoic
Resists

thus i can easily tell that mezz/stun/root nowadays is most likely the smash 'interrupt' button for us. However it might seem quite frustrating when solo/duo/trio but its use even now is needed for every type of battle.
Suggestions to avoid it is simply to max you resists that corresponds to enemies mezz type and get purge 2-3. With those u wont even notice a problem.

Mck

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Mckennitt said:
Some stuff

1. Mckennitt has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Seeing as you have replied in this thread lets hope you see this!

Do you still play mid btw McKennitt?

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Cleared my inbox for you mate. Didnt notice it was full really. Bit semi active atm due to heavy work scedule.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Mckennitt said:
I havent read a single post under your name since u joined this forum ( and its not long at all ) to be constructive,cheerfull, or in the end of the day genuine.

People like you need to learn to judge others not from their class they chose to play but as in players. Throwing useless childish no life self e-peen +1 posts like every single one of yours wont go anywhere or wont help anyone. Im sure u dont give a shit about it but neither do I hence my responce :puke:

Ohh c'mon we all love Brite!

Nate

FH is my second home
This late in the game having a complete removal of all bar root of crowd control, is never going to happen. If you think that CC is a bad part of the game, it should have been said a long time ago(although saying it now, may result in that less crowd control is put in mythics(WAR!:D) next game as a highlighted point that people dont like having to stand still and do nothing for 1min after spending all that time on the char ;p). To be honest though, there are so many counters to mezz/stun in the first place it isn't a lot to be worried about.

I don't like it that so many classes do dps, but so few do heals and for me to say that a Spiritmaster should change to a total healing spell instead of lifetap is insane..as thats not what people levelled up a Spiritmaster for.

I play my pac specced healer, as I like being able to make people stare at the screen, thinking hey...stop, :( able to do nothing after spending that long on the char..it makes me feel warm inside!

But really, comes down to that this far in to the game it can't be altered as far as some would like..but theres a chance it could be looked in to for WAR by bringing up those concerns :)

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
The CC part is the best part of the game. Would be nice if it even hade a bigger impact :)

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:

You fucking suck!

Ziro

Fledgling Freddie
CC is fine imo and it hardly has the impact it used back in the ol days before RAs and all that. Playing alb back then, when no one played sorcs (such irony), it was quite frustrating getting mezzed 24/7 and having no mezzer of your own. Just standing there watching your grp getting killed unless some friendly thane or similar started aoeing.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Mezz is nothing now days, so many ways to avoid it or decrease the time your in it to just seconds. Without CC alot of classes may as well just give up. What would bards do? What would sorc do (the decent ones that base play on CC/group)? hell even Pac healers would be pointless (but not as much as others as they still can heal :p )

The old days was more fun. Purge on 30minute timer (if at all), no RA's to reduce the duration etc. Back then insta mezz was the best tool in the game because even that kept people out the fight long enough to kill half a group. heh. Oh the good old days :)

The crowd control aspect make this game worth playing. Means you had to think about what you were doing. Especially in group rvr. Enjoyed that the most on my theurg. Do i mezz because the sorc cant? Do i root? is the person already cc immune etc. Without it we just in a melee slogfest!

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Can`t they make it tho iif u kill the person who did the mezz it kills the mezz too abit like speedwarps?:)

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
The crowd control aspect make this game worth playing. Means you had to think about what you were doing. Especially in group rvr. Enjoyed that the most on my theurg. Do i mezz because the sorc cant? Do i root? is the person already cc immune etc. Without it we just in a melee slogfest!

Or a random F8 LT LT LT F8 LT LT LT i think u get the picture fest.:fluffle:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:

Am I right or did I read Tuthmes right?

If so, at least he isn't a gimp lier who says he 'never strafts' and that the success of his group was down to 'his skills' rather than the support he got to play with!

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
wtf-lightning.jpg

rly u dont like mezz and stun? i guess that u cant afford purge or u dont like purge either xD

well world is hard but none ever complained at me for mezzing or stunning on my cleric.... well u always learn a new thing while u live ....

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
Can`t they make it tho iif u kill the person who did the mezz it kills the mezz too abit like speedwarps?:)

why on earth would we like something like that? :eek6:

:( :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom