Savages are overpowered

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Amadon
er... infils? :)

yes like they affect group rvr a lot :p

Edit: unless they pop in the middle of battle but don't think they get to use df there as they would intend for fast killing a support class and any stealther could do that pretty fast.

R

Rollie

er... infils? :)

er...no

group rvr junior not stealth wars, albion has no class in comparison to savages/chanters, i can understand albs struggling vs middy melee groups but yesterday we got beat by a very good hibby group who instantly put pets on healers/shammie and they pretty much spanked us, we were all <rr5 except 1 healer so i guess its different vs NP/JH.

Hibby groups pose much more of a threat to us than alb groups due to pets, good hibby groups will have every chance of beating a middy group but albion still doesnt stand a chance imho, as much as TB/BF/FC has given us good fights 1fgv1fg we had 1 death in those 3 fights which tbh shows the huge gap in terms of balance.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by --Eraser--
:ROFLMAO:

always find something to whine, eh? :m00:

the idea of the report is to list things that might be unbalancing for the class and a class will always have something to whine about, allthough this is most likely something a part of the savage community asked and hopefully not something the tl made up himself :p.

P

PJS

another example, bg3 lvl 35 NS in 99% leather armour 8% crush resist, 10% relic bonus

'x' hits you with his hammer for 392.
'x' hits you with his hammer for 484.
You have died.

Not sure how quads register on your screen so I presume thats a 2H savage, anyway its just way too much

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Rollie
er...no

group rvr junior not stealth wars, albion has no class in comparison to savages/chanters, i can understand albs struggling vs middy melee groups but yesterday we got beat by a very good hibby group who instantly put pets on healers/shammie and they pretty much spanked us, we were all <rr5 except 1 healer so i guess its different vs NP/JH.

Hibby groups pose much more of a threat to us than alb groups due to pets, good hibby groups will have every chance of beating a middy group but albion still doesnt stand a chance imho, as much as TB/BF/FC has given us good fights 1fgv1fg we had 1 death in those 3 fights which tbh shows the huge gap in terms of balance.

:clap: Omg, that's the spirit. :clap:

A

Amadon

er...no

read the quote to which I replied child.

R

Rollie

read the quote to which I replied child.

guess i hit a raw nerve there.

not everyone complains about infs, just sb's and the occasional NS.

EVERYONE complains about savages, everyday there is usually a fresh post regarding savages.

O

old_saxo

if someone use the you zerg thing. All realms zergs now adays cant talk around it. So dont use it

A

ab_fluid

Re: Re: Savages are overpowered

Originally posted by parlain
wtf? Fluid killed someone???? NERF :D

fyi i am deathspam machine, had urs once or twice :p

V

vintervargen

its aaaaaaaaaaaaall ab0t da
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A

Amadon

guess i hit a raw nerve there.

not everyone complains about infs, just sb's and the occasional NS.

EVERYONE complains about savages, everyday there is usually a fresh post regarding savages.
?

no, if you act like a twat i'll treat you like one

and I know savages are much more of a problem than infils

no-one gives a fuck about infils except other stealthers

savages ruin the game tho

my point was that you were wrong about alb not having a class that other realms whine about, and you can't accept that.

P

Poseidon

mids pfft

i just have to say that u mids are so lame, just admit that u play a fucking overpowered char!! i dont even get it how u can defend it like u do saying no we arent overpowered when most of the savages have gotten more rps in 4 months then many ppl get in a year... so i just hope the nerf come soon cuz this is a problem that make ppl leave the game.

D

Driwen

savages are not even close as overpowered as zerkers were and bezerkers werent whined at this much. Besides that most mids here posting dont say that savages are not overpowered, they say that the numbers flying around are bull. 1k damage every 1.5 sec average, 25% off the time quadhitting, etc.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by driwen
savages are not even close as overpowered as zerkers were and bezerkers werent whined at this much. Besides that most mids here posting dont say that savages are not overpowered, they say that the numbers flying around are bull. 1k damage every 1.5 sec average, 25% off the time quadhitting, etc.

Are you the same guy that played a sorceror in albion a couple of months back?

S

stunned

Savage should be a hybrid with nerfed evade, nothing further.

O

old.Lethul

Re: mids pfft

Originally posted by Poseidon
i just have to say that u mids are so lame, just admit that u play a fucking overpowered char!! i dont even get it how u can defend it like u do saying no we arent overpowered when most of the savages have gotten more rps in 4 months then many ppl get in a year... so i just hope the nerf come soon cuz this is a problem that make ppl leave the game.

Yeah, rp/week shows more about the class tahn the group they are played in :rolleyes:. Common, its not like hib got a VW that is 8l4 (Psychox) something? And r7l5 reaver Tilda. Bringing up rp to the overpowered discussion is just pure bs little one.

ps. im not saying anything about savages beeing overpowered or not cause i dont want to be apart of all these flame threads anymore :eek: (doubt i will be able to hold back sometimes tho)

edit: i have no idea about what guild you are in but my guess is you are not in an rvr guild. If you joined a good rvr guild (BF/FC in your case) you would notice that your rp would rocket to, and if you are in any of those 2 guilds you just dont play alot :p

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Nol
Are you the same guy that played a sorceror in albion a couple of months back?

uhm no? I do not even play a savage (unless you count the lvl 10 savage i created 4 months ago)

R

Rollie

my point was that you were wrong about alb not having a class that other realms whine about, and you can't accept that.

read what you quoted i said " a class >EVERYONE< whines about", not >EVERYONE< whines about infs, only sb' s and the occasional NS. Every man and his dog whine about savages.

You said "er..infs" i said no, and explained why.

Read what you quoted.

A

Amadon

read what you quoted i said " a class >EVERYONE< whines about", not >EVERYONE< whines about infs, only sb' s and the occasional NS. Every man and his dog whine about savages.
not all mids whine about savages so it comes down to a semantic issue of where you draw the line of who to include in 'everyone'.
also you mentioned chanters, and not everyone whines about chanters tbh.. most realise there are ways to counter them (unlike savages)

i'd say whining about chanters and infils is about the same numbers (from posts that I've seen here and on vnwhines)

and that savages are a MUCH bigger problem than either of them.

ps. nerf savages

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by driwen

they whine more about savages cuz they know it works, it worked with zerks why shouldnt it work with savages?

R

Rollie

ps. nerf savages

they are out of line atm with other classes im sure everyone agrees on that.

P

Puppetmistress

Re: Re: mids pfft

Originally posted by old.Lethul
Yeah, rp/week shows more about the class tahn the group they are played in :rolleyes:. Common, its not like hib got a VW that is 8l4 (Psychox) something? And r7l5 reaver Tilda. Bringing up rp to the overpowered discussion is just pure bs little one.

I dont think so. Yes, you can take out 1-2 with high RR and then it would be bullshit. But we all know at the moment the savage is the favoured offensive tank in Midgard. It does its job better then anything.

Just compare:

Reaver
Code:
1 Tildai SHOCKandAWE 1,917,863 70,152 50 First Cohort Inconnu 
2 Whyp StChaynes 1,491,772 84,440 50 Shadowlords Society Briton 
3 Andariel McChicken 1,207,785 14,828 50 Guardians of Light Briton 
4 Nightpetal WantsaCuddle 738,680 91,487 50 Shadowlords Society Briton 
5 Samaldanach 569,989 137,130 50 The Brethren Briton 
6 Rathma Black 530,243 121,744 50 The Prodigy Briton 
7 Ceryon 313,196 4,652 50 Knights of Pendragon Saracen 
8 Fringe IsAlox 220,708 12,939 50 Herfølge Boldklub Inconnu 
9 Poseidon Svensk 212,119 19,036 50 Black Legion Inconnu 
10 Pipsqueak Whippets 203,306 13,923 50 Crusaders of Albion Briton

Valewalker
Code:
1 Psychox Reaper 2,667,759 26,296 50 Llaw Arian Firbolg 
2 Ahqmae Frostgaze 575,219 2,018 50 Ithil Galad Celt 
3 Ravenslore Evilsbane 314,657 947 50 Alliance of Power Celt 
4 Schyte 306,494 36,208 50 Soul Reavers Sylvan 
5 Xilch Veinsplitter 277,689 164 50 Celtic Fist Celt 
6 Bisignano 246,567 750 50 Fantasy Sylvan 
7 Uncron Scytherian 227,907 397 50 Iron Pookha Wolves Celt 
8 Pogg 222,136 2,201 50 Celtic Fist Sylvan 
9 Tombstalker TheValeWalker 198,778 38,580 50 Hearts of Fire Sylvan 
10 Memfree Squak 130,077 0 50 Amicitiae Renatus Sylvan

Code:
1 Locuz 2,869,626 209,688 50 Jack Herer Kobold 
2 Mumin 2,414,021 180,635 50 Jack Herer Kobold 
3 Boogy Man 2,299,614 89,265 50 Black Company Dwarf 
4 Montarlo Redflame 2,284,784 142,299 50 Red Guard Norseman 
5 Duva 2,053,556 45,704 50 Nolby Pride Norseman 
6 Sushii Kush 1,696,935 333,535 50 Jack Herer Kobold 
7 Venomz 1,600,893 63,875 50 Nolby Pride Norseman 
8 Doagha 1,600,506 80,484 50 Nolby Pride Kobold 
9 Quadro Kobbie 1,448,583 8,343 50 Nolby Pride Kobold 
10 Pinkie 1,143,534 7,439 50 Cutting Edge Kobold

Hmmm... This should be an indication that Savages are highly favoured in the 'good RvR-group'. Only look for instance at the guilds where they from and the avg. RP in the top10.

Why are they more favoured? Well.. because..... they do the job so much better then anything else at the moment. Some call that overpowered.

S

stunned

I think savages might be so deadly due ppl playing them are very skilled. Many ex zerkers are used to own and thus keep doing it with this new char.

I would estimate a savage is ~2* as skilled as the same rr merc/blademaster.

W

Whisperess

also you mentioned chanters, and not everyone whines about chanters tbh.. most realise there are ways to counter them (unlike savages)
Roflmao :D

i'd say whining about chanters and infils is about the same numbers (from posts that I've seen here and on vnwhines)

and that savages are a MUCH bigger problem than either of them.
You'll find that it's actually the rest of the group ( 2-3 healers spamming spreadheals without getting interupted ), or your own group, that's your biggest problem. I've been in groups where in a fg vs 2fg or thereabouts, one of the healers were able to sit down and rest up his mana in the middle of the battlefield without being touched - go figure.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by stunned
I think savages might be so deadly due ppl playing them are very skilled. Many ex zerkers are used to own and thus keep doing it with this new char.

I would estimate a savage is ~2* as skilled as the same rr merc/blademaster.

Can't quite work out whether or not you are joking.

I think you can probably rephrase the first bit of your post to:

'I think savages might be so deadly due ppl playing them cause they wtfpwn. Many ex-wtfpwn zerkers are used to pwning with an overpowered char and thus keep doing it with this char'

W

Whisperess

Re: Re: Re: mids pfft

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Hmmm... This should be an indication that Savages are highly favoured in the 'good RvR-group'.
I see three ( 3 ) Savages with a high RP earned last week score in those lists - all three from Jack Herer - which happens to be a guild of 8 people playing together almost ( seems like it ) 24/7 - all very high Realm Rank coupled with RvR all day - no big surprise there.

For the rest? I see same or lower RP earned last week as for instance Samaldanach and Rathma Black for Reavers.

I also see that valewalkers seem to need a boost in RvR groupability.

And before people start - I still think that changes need to be made to savages. Adjusted s/d/t/q ratio and a (much?) higher penalty for using the savagery buffs would be in order - if that's not enough - then it has to be looked at again.

D

dakeyras

Re: Re: Re: Re: mids pfft

Originally posted by Whisperess
if that's not enough - then it has to be looked at again.

I don't think it would be enough. There is a reason Mythic nerf fotm classes so heavily and it is to slam the brakes on the class. Let it cool off for a few months or so and then bring back some viability so they are balanced.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Whisperess
Roflmao :D
go look at the threads whining about each currently...
You'll find that it's actually the rest of the group ( 2-3 healers spamming spreadheals without getting interupted ),
strange that when I play in a proper group as opposed to just screwing around in random groups, we keep the healers interrupted, we target them first, we do everything right, and we still lose - it's not the healers that are the biggest problem, we have GP to counter your insta's, and we have means of countering the interruption shit that your healers spam, we have no effective counter against savages except their own stupidity, which is only a good counter against inexperienced ones.
or your own group, that's your biggest problem.
yeh.. mine, VGN's, LA's, FC's, GoL's, TB's, and every non Mid guild's problem... :rolleyes:
I actually do play in good groups occasionally, and we compete very well against all other groups, usually having very good fights, except against savage groups, because they are so far out of balance with the rest of the classes in the game.
I've been in groups where in a fg vs 2fg or thereabouts, one of the healers were able to sit down and rest up his mana in the middle of the battlefield without being touched - go figure.
yeh and I've been in groups where 2fg wiped 80 enemies - go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom