Originally posted by AbPoon
Like your casters did? :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
elds were fotm?

still waiting/hoping for chanter nerf inc etc :p

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Whisperess
Oh no!

Two high RR savages fired a quad each - NEEEEEEERF! ( please note that yes - the quad fired - the screenshot says nothing about wether they actually landed any of the hits or not - atleast the last hit in the quad by Mumin was a fumble )

Yes, I totally agree once a savage is RR5+ he's allowed to quad way more then else. He's also allowed to suddenly quad more on low AF, he suddenly has due to the dps-buff a dmg-cap on fast weapons while having very high quickness too.

The fact that a savage quads more on a soft-target/mage/low-AF already says that savages are buffed. Why does the quad-rate depend on what you're hitting for instance?

It is also bullshit that savages h2h need positionals to do great damage, a h2h-savage owns my friar too EASY when he's in my frontal-arc just due to massive damage-output on a very fast speed. My friar got OWNED in a duel, and the damage he did in such a short time is just too much.

B

Belomar

It's actually true. Deep down, we all know it is. Albs know it. Hibs know it. Even Mids know it. Yes, even the FotM bandwagon jumpers do, deep down in the most secret confines of their heart, know it. Search your feelings, Luke. You know it to be true.

SAVAGES ARE OVERPOWERED! ;)

P

phule_gubben

I don't have a savage and i will never roll one either.

I'm out of free slots. :)

S

Skopti

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
a h2h-savage owns my friar too EASY when he's in my frontal-arc just due to massive damage-output on a very fast speed. My friar got OWNED in a duel, and the damage he did in such a short time is just too much.

Oh my god a friar was owned by a pure melee class, call the cops.

Friars finally meet a class that can stand toe to toe with them and spank them like they spank 90% of their opponents, and all of a sudden all is wrong in the world.

Come play a skald (another hybrid class like a friar), I can guarantee if we go toe to toe I'll be dead in seconds. Only difference being that I wont be here whining for a friar nerf.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Whisperess
Oh no!

Two high RR savages fired a quad each - NEEEEEEERF! ( please note that yes - the quad fired - the screenshot says nothing about wether they actually landed any of the hits or not - atleast the last hit in the quad by Mumin was a fumble )

seriously Novamir - you are quite sad and pathetic already - don't make it worse.

X

xevius

Originally posted by Etherion
Tbh, personally think those people who roll savages for the purpose of wanting to pwn suck big time. Today, my fully buffed eld was mocing. All but the savage ran away. He came into my pbs and hit me. QUAD hit for 1020 damage total. Next hit for 380. You got a dead rr7 mage lying face down. Hmm,MOC is the best defense a mage has, and hmm, I dead withing 1.5 sec. Maybe the people who play savage don't see whats wrong there. But I assure you that all the rest of the 3 realms do. Btw, to the savage Nil, can you kindly go on playing your savage after it gets nerfed to shit?

:bazbeer:

J

Jiggs

man you guys are SUCKERS!1!ONE

don't u realise they only made savages teh_ubar to force u all to buy shrouded isles?!

suck it up and pay your pennies to da man!!

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Skopti
Friars finally meet a class that can stand toe to toe with them and spank them like they spank 90% of their opponents, and all of a sudden all is wrong in the world.

erm friars can't beat _any_ fully buffed pure tank in a 1v1..

buffed versus unbuffed doesnt mean shit, get a clue.

F

Flimgoblin

Come play a skald (another hybrid class like a friar), I can guarantee if we go toe to toe I'll be dead in seconds. Only difference being that I wont be here whining for a friar nerf.

try buffing the skald - friars are always fully buffed...

A

asorek

Please feel free to take some CHEESE WITH THIS WHNE!!

A

ab_fluid

nerf them to thane level!!!!!!1111111111111112

P

Puppetmistress

Oh my god a friar was owned by a pure melee class, call the cops.

Well. Perhaps you read it like that, I got a slightly different point of view.

If a tank/melee-class is buffed like me (that is: Best possible baseline-buffs and high-end spec-buffs) he should win. He does. Guaranteed, only in very extreme cases I win (extremely lucky evade, unlucky parry/evade/block for him, crits, resists etc etc).

However, when I duel for instance a hero, a warrior, a berserker (!), a mercenary, an armsman or a blademaster (notice these are all pure tanks who should win from me) they win. So should a savage.

However: The speed where a savage kills me is already much faster then most classes can while I always hear 'h2h savage has crappy styles, /face them and they're shit, ofcourse you shouldnt turn your back to them'. I am saying that's not true. I landed 2 hits on the savage (as a friar) doing a grand-total damage of around 350-400 damage. He did NOT stun me, dont forget that. I can only guess at his buffs, but I know I was buffed to the balls (as a friar) only missing around 300 hp from str/con buff (notice that STR does nothing for a friar). In the time I deal those 2 strokes he killed me (around 1550 hp). From a frontal position doing 'his crappy anytime which sucks'. Even a mercenary fully buffed didnt kill me that fast while he does have a good duel-style (duel shadows isnt bad). Let's just say for the sake of argument the savage was fully buffed, so he's on equal terms with me. Then it's rather strange he kills me faster then any other melee class with his crappy styles in frontal arc, isn't it? If he wasnt fully buffed its even more strange (!).

LOL. Tell you what, you buff your skald entirely (like a friar is fully buffed) and we duel. We're both hybrids as you say. Let's see who wins the majority of the fights. My bet is on the skald. So on even terms (= roughly the same buffs) the friar performs less then a skald in melee. Guess who needs a nerf then?

If you're unbuffed and going toe-to-toe against a friar (read: fully buffed melee-hybrid like you) well OFCOURSE you should loose. However Phixi gave me quite a run for my money (bringing me down to 20% hp) while he was unbuffed. Difference is he used his insta-mezz smart, regained some hp and waited for DD timers to come back up and used his backstyle on me for more dmg/end-use.

S

Skopti

Originally posted by Jiggs
erm friars can't beat _any_ fully buffed pure tank in a 1v1..

Then I must have been seeing things when ive seen buffed friars take down buffed zerkers (pre 1.62).

If you guys cant handle a half decent melee class, you have two choices 1) come to mid 2) quit

Mind u I forgot the 3rd Option, Whine.

I think we'd have a pretty good game here if it wasnt for the constant whining and calls for nerfs.

I personally like friars, a superb class, they have handed me my ass on many an occasion, prolly one of the most fun classes to play on alb. But because I get owned by them I dont come here screaming nerf. Same goes for chanters.

If Mythic are ruining your life with these horribly overpowered classes, find another game to play, lifes too short to be wasting it getting angry over someone elses pixels beating your pixels.

U

uglymug

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
MIDGARD = EASY MODE
go spam yer WIN-button some more ..infil-idiot (oh wait ..i could have just said Alb)

S

Skopti

LOL. Tell you what, you buff your skald entirely (like a friar is fully buffed) and we duel. We're both hybrids as you say. Let's see who wins the majority of the fights. My bet is on the skald. So on even terms (= roughly the same buffs) the friar performs less then a skald in melee. Guess who needs a nerf then?

I have fought friars on even terms before, and everything for me relies on my various shouts sticking. You would not believe how many resists I get.

My mezz fails and Im history, as soon as I cant get a backstyle in I then have to face the friar with high evade, haste, end chant, and a bloody great stick. I accept the fact that I have to rely on unreliable shouts, Just as my SB has to rely on having purge up if he meets another assassin.

All I am saying is no more nerfs, if I have come across as being quite angry I am sorry but I'm sick of nerf this and nerf that.

I just hate this throwing toys out of the pram mentality just because people think the other team has a better player.

Ah hell I give up, I think I'm gonna avoid forums a little more, or at least nerf threads, they only put m,e in a bad mood.

S

Skopti

Originally posted by Belomar
Here's Skopti's take on savages:
Ahahahahaha! Good one.

I'm glad I made you laugh, enjoy your day. I like to bring a little sunshine to peoples lives :)

F

-Freezingwiz-

it is funny.... almost all mids just do like this even tho they roll savages and say: FoTM THAT MUST BE ME !
/q
/level

and then on BW ....

Originally posted by zane
:sleeping:

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Amadon
I am going to laugh SO hard when your fotm-overpowered-arse gets nerfed into oblivion.

FOTM?

Oh please :) Heart & Soul needed more tanks, so I leveled one of the two tanks I had on my account. ( actually leveled my überFOTM defensive warrior at first, but got bored at around lvl 24 ). That said, I actually created my savage at day one of SI - because I thought the savage sounded like a fun class to play. Just did not level it at first 'cause I was busy leveling 2 other chars.

My impression of them was that they had great buffs, but for a huge cost in life - thus requiring them to be quite tactical to play. ( this is what the description sounded like ).

The sad fact is that the life loss isn't all that much, and it doesn't happen until the buff run out ( which might be good for PvE reasons when leveling it, but takes away a bit of the tactical requirement in RvR ).

Savages need a change, no doubt about it. Change the s/d/t/q ratio to what was intended ( less quads, but also less single hits ). Make life-loss based on total hp and not unbuffed hp - and maybe make the life go away when they activate the buff - although doing so might hamper the leveling savages. ( and trust me, leveling a H2H savage without a buffbot can be a real pain due to their shitty weaponskill )

Changes like that will lessen the 'überness' of the savage and bring them in line; without nerfing them to oblivion like many suggestions I've seen from albs/hibs.

Also, fyi dear Amadon - I play my shaman and mend healer a lot more in RvR than I play my savage.

S

stunned

Btw where are all teh necros gone ? Oh wait los abuse not possible anymore, nm.

C

chrstffr

What scares me most is, theres a warden deathmessage in that screenshot..

W

Whisperess

The fact that a savage quads more on a soft-target/mage/low-AF already says that savages are buffed. Why does the quad-rate depend on what you're hitting for instance?
Please givh link to extensive testing of wether this is true or not. If it is true, then it is wrong - but I seriously doubt that it is true.

Could it be the fact that when a quad fires, all hits actually land - 'cause of the low af on the target? But on high af targets etc, 2 of the 4 hits in the quad missed or got parried / blocked etc ? - and is thus not viewed as a quad in your eyes?

A

Amadon

All I am saying is no more nerfs, if I have come across as being quite angry I am sorry but I'm sick of nerf this and nerf that.
ok, don't nerf savages

increase CC duration 3x
increase the damage that everyone other than savages do 3x
and increase everyone's hp's 3x

I just hate this throwing toys out of the pram mentality just because people think the other team has a better player.
Midgard has a better CLASS, not necessarily better players, huge difference.
Ah hell I give up, I think I'm gonna avoid forums a little more, or at least nerf threads, they only put m,e in a bad mood.
good idea :D

B

Belomar

Originally posted by stunned
Btw where are all teh necros gone ? Oh wait los abuse not possible anymore, nm.
They're everywhere -- Albion is infested by them. It's just that very few bring their necros to RvR now due to all the bugs (yes, the LoS issue was a bug, but of course Mythic fixed that and ignored the rest of them).

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Amadon
shadowblade

savage

nuff said :rolleyes:

Funny how you 'know' the spec of my chars just by looking at the class name :) ( no, she has never been a shadowzerk :p )

I wanted a stealther - and tbh hunters are waaaaaay more FOTM than Shadowblades if you have to compare fotmness ( is that a word? :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom