Savages are overpowered

O

old.TeaSpoon

2H savages can 4 shot an unbuffed tank in 6-8 seconds, and frankly that sucks.

They should at be able to do it in a max of 4 seconds :D

O

old.krane

IT will be fixed....

the only not known factor is time here...

this bullshit is ridiculous...

fyi rr8 paladin with most af and defense in this fucking game died to literally 1 secs to 2 savages...

that is not balanced...and will get nerfed soon...but prolly WoW is out by than and thats gonna be the moment when daoc dies...

S

StormriderX

Anyone who not only denies that savages are overpowered (you're merely a liar) but also believes such bullshit, need to get their head checked imo ;)

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.krane
IT will be fixed....

the only not known factor is time here...

this bullshit is ridiculous...

fyi rr8 paladin with most af and defense in this fucking game died to literally 1 secs to 2 savages...

that is not balanced...and will get nerfed soon...but prolly WoW is out by than and thats gonna be the moment when daoc dies...

Was he naked? :) Or let both savages take him from behind?

Agreed about the WoW part imo - but then again, most of the whiners here will whine on the Battle.net forums later anyway.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Whisperess
Was he naked? :) Or let both savages take him from behind?

he probably had over 900 AF at the time ;)

S

samildanachh

i just wonder were all the fotm's im mid will go.
i mean
1st zerker,now savage, what next i wonder?
perhaps we shuld ask gaurdsxmen.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by samildanachh
i mean
perhaps we shuld ask gaurdsxmen.

They will make infils and make you cry irl a month afterwards ;)

U

uglymug

Originally posted by samildanachh
i mean
they will all roll alb, make a merc and run in the zerg

that's the best result you albs that constantly whine can hope for

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Skopti
I have fought friars on even terms before, and everything for me relies on my various shouts sticking. You would not believe how many resists I get.

Yes I know that you meet high resists. Using a lvl 35~ DD nuke sucks, I know that too. Skalds do have some problems in their battlesong-line. However I seriously doubt you 'fought friars on even terms'. Get your buffbot, level up to around my RR (you're showing up as RR2 on Duskwave), we go HW and we duel. You prolly wouldnt even need all those chants and kick me 1 on 1 in pure melee.

My mezz fails and Im history, as soon as I cant get a backstyle in I then have to face the friar with high evade, haste, end chant, and a bloody great stick. I accept the fact that I have to rely on unreliable shouts, Just as my SB has to rely on having purge up if he meets another assassin.

No you need even grounds. A friar is buffed to the balls, is your skald?

I just hate this throwing toys out of the pram mentality just because people think the other team has a better player.

Well.. Its not exactly like that. It's not that hard to twist and turn some characters and their abilities, while it is quite hard to make a RL-player better/worse.

Ah hell I give up, I think I'm gonna avoid forums a little more, or at least nerf threads, they only put m,e in a bad mood. [/B]

You do that. Denying instead of bringing suggestions yourselves makes Mythic do the nerfing. And we all know how they do it.

F

- Fedaykin -

Originally posted by uglymug
they will all roll alb, make a merc and run in the zerg

that's the best result you albs that constantly whine can hope for

they will roll BD's you f00l, the fotm club don't roll classes which need more than 2 buttons to win a fight with!

A

Amadon

Funny how you 'know' the spec of my chars just by looking at the class name :) ( no, she has never been a shadowzerk :p )

I wanted a stealther - and tbh hunters are waaaaaay more FOTM than Shadowblades if you have to compare fotmness ( is that a word? :D )
well your vehement defense of savages struck me as the behaviour that many fotm-savages display, and since your shadowblade appears before your savage in your sig, I assumed it was created before, and thus probably before the LA fix

forgive me for drawing an invalid conclusion :)

I'll still not shed a metaphorical tear when savages are 'fixed' :p

D

dakeyras

Savages are a pretty good class on their own. Struggle against shield tanks but cream support. They are the best light tank by Mythics own definition of a light tank not being able to go head to head with a heavy tank but excelling in the positional support role.

The problem is when you get 3/4 together, backed up by 4 seers.

It is the ability to pack a Midgard group with everything you need in just 3/4 classes that needs a heavy swing of the bat.

Perhaps put a limit on the number of a class that can be in any 1 group, or put in place a modifier that makes multiple instances of a class in a group less effective.

For savages directly I would remove the evade buff and 360 evade. This leaves Evade4 and reasonable parry of around 9+11+rr+21buff. Up h2h ws by 100ish and they still have good defence and good offence.

B

blademistress

For all of you 'will-be-playing WoW'

one thing, you'll be back :)

you'll miss the instensity and speed of DaoC RvR, trust me, nothing else can stand up to it, personally i played SWG for three months, got bored to hell when at higher levels trying on the PvP system. My guesses are that WoW won't bring anything new to the 'pvp/rvr etc etc'.

You'll be back, It is your Destiny!

U

uglymug

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
they will roll BD's you f00l, the fotm club don't roll classes which need more than 2 buttons to win a fight with!
already called you an idiot before, so i won't repeat meself

but yer an even bigger idiot than i thought if you think savages (and BD's for that matter) just spam 1 button for the win

O

old.Lethul

Oh no!

Two high RR savages fired a quad each - NEEEEEEERF! ( please note that yes - the quad fired - the screenshot says nothing about wether they actually landed any of the hits or not - atleast the last hit in the quad by Mumin was a fumble )

seriously Novamir - you are quite sad and pathetic already - don't make it worse.

my quad was 1 miss, 1 fumble, novamir guarded one and one hitted for about 120 i think.... w00t w00t oneshot galore :p

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Amadon
well your vehement defense of savages struck me as the behaviour that many fotm-savages display, and since your shadowblade appears before your savage in your sig, I assumed it was created before, and thus probably before the LA fix

forgive me for drawing an invalid conclusion :)

I'll still not shed a metaphorical tear when savages are 'fixed' :p

Agreed - fix them, but don't nerf - all these nerfs are getting kinda silly if you ask me ( which you don't - but anyway ).

Fix s/d/t/q ratio ( less quads, less single hits )
Fix health usage

Oh - and btw - the single most error albs/hibs do when they have a savage on them is turn and flee - opening up for the back-pos style chain.

Had a nice fight against 2 FC guys in Forest Sauvage the other day ( a friend playing my shammy - so was 2 on 2 ).

We picked off Strondor first ( purged mezz and resisted root - nicely played though Strondor :) ) - and then the other guy ( was it you Konah? ) started chasing Shamae.

Why did you switch from attacking Shamae to attacking me? You would've killed us both easily otherwise, seeing as you had IP up and all. ( Granted, we did die by the rest of FC that came to the rescue :) )

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.Lethul
my quad was 1 miss, 1 fumble, novamir guarded one and one hitted for about 120 i think.... w00t w00t oneshot galore :p

über quad there mate :D

S

Stallion-

LOL ! good one lethul, make us smarter ^^

CHING CHONG!

G

Garbannoch Nox

Also, fyi dear Amadon - I play my shaman and mend healer a lot more in RvR than I play my savage.

I really pity you: healer and shaman - truely the 2 most underpowered classes in the game :rolleyes:

anyway: the more people rolling savages the better - that way the nerf will come even faster

I

iluvatur

DON'T NERF MY SAVAGE!! PLEASE I WANNA BE UBER WITH LITTLE/NO ACTUAL SKILL

oh wait, i play a sorcerer, go ahead

I'm sure if i ever got to nuke one dead before he got to me and owned me in 2.5 secs fully buffed then i could consider everything equal, but i'd rather have a zerker before the nerf than a savage come at me. with ra's ( namely DR chap det etc) higher RR savages are a monstrosity. and will kill group vs group roaming as a good mid tank group ( 3 healer 1 shammy 3 savages 1 skald) will tear shit outta any group :( unless there noobs ofc

U

uglymug

you whined till you got the zerker nerfed/fized/whatever .. now deal with the consequences

I

iluvatur

consequences = everyone will whine again, now are YOU gonna deal with these consequences?? roll another char? or play a balanced char and compete like everyone else ... the choice is yours not ours.

K

killrake

Originally posted by Belomar
It's actually true. Deep down, we all know it is. Albs know it. Hibs know it. Even Mids know it. Yes, even the FotM bandwagon jumpers do, deep down in the most secret confines of their heart, know it. Search your feelings, Luke. You know it to be true.

SAVAGES ARE OVERPOWERED! ;)

U are overpowered :)

F

- Fedaykin -

you whined till you got the zerker nerfed/fized/whatever .. now deal with the consequences

now who's the idiot

noob imo

D

dakeyras

I've got a savage, which I no longer play seriously because I know exactly what is gonna happen. Mythic cannot allow such a high population of 1 class, especially a class that is a high performer and being played as a main unlike, say, infils who tend to be alts.

The nerf won't have been created by Alb/Mid, but by Mids on servers like Excal who refuse to compete on equal terms and instead flit between whichever class is the strongest at the time. These same bandwagoners then whinge and whine when action is taken.

At least Alb/Hib on Excal have attempted to continue playing classes that are not uber, knowing that this game is cyclical and perseverence is eventually rewarded. If, however, you constantly jump to your new wtfpwn class then you are going to constantly feel the Tab Fren and not the love ;)

U

uglymug

ooo 2 qoutes, did i touch on something to close to home?

and blaming Mid for getting Mid nerfed..lol..

like blaming a women that has been raped for wearing too sexy an outfit

blaming the victim is just sad, and if you do yer not in the best of company .. yer bedfellows include just about every biggot and racist there ever was

P

Pandemic

mmm a savage nerf would result in the warrior being the new fotm then i see an end to the 'nerf whatever middie tank' cries at that point :)

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Pandemic
mmm a savage nerf would result in the warrior being the new fotm then i see an end to the 'nerf whatever middie tank' cries at that point :)

Then we need to address how Mid can get 4 seers in a group without any loss of essential group abilities

P

parlain

Originally posted by Novamir
skills-and-tactics.jpg

discuss

wtf? Fluid killed someone???? NERF :D

G

gwal

funny how the ones who yawn at this thread are all mids.....

and btw, mythic has already stated that savages do more uads than intended, so stfu with your "we dont quad much" - they also stated that savages triple less than intended.

but anyways, why keep saying nothing but "whine", "u suck" etc etc at theese threads - just look at ur realm, few even move out from mtk without savages in grp - weird how u say they aint so bad, but u wont move without em :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom