Prydwen down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Nausilus^^ said:
Some people are just never happy, and bitch whenever they see an opportunity./Nausilus

WTF! Never happy?! I 12.95$ each month to play this game.. and now theres a possible x number of days reroll?! you know some of us do have a work, and a irl to attend, if its more than one week, its gonna set alot of "casual" gamers back.. So im not suprised if a lot of people, are worried, angry, frustrated!

Xalin thanks for the updates.. keep em coming.. im anxious to see what comes out of this..

One more thing.. I cant seem to find any of the information you give to us on the C&C, why? this might be the unofficial board for daoc gamers, but I know lots who dosent check FH.. Couldnt the C&C give more information, like your doing? as this is the official site for Daoc Europe.

[25-08-2005] Investigation still pending on Prydwen: We are still working on fixing the bug on Prydwen but the source of the issue has not been identified yet. We are sorry but we cannot give you an ETA for the restart of the server. Rest assured that solving this problem is the priority of our teams and those of Mythic. [...]

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Worst part for me is it's a 3 day weekend over in the UK :(

Oh well, the guys and girls at GOA will do what they can, when they can and we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Wonder if my WoW subs are still active...

Not a whine reply :)

Well been around since beta since many problems in daoc... the old hackers of emain with legion etc etc all the bugs :) good old daoc... however if this so called rollback goes a good week or so back :| i lose roughly 190p worth of stuff i bought for my pally... he becomes a little lvl 30 =( but thats life! heh if thats the case i wouldnt say id quit like a whining baby :) i think its more the case i just want to play a game hassle free (alot of games have problems i know) daoc just seems to have a major share of them ^^ any how good luck fixing the server mythic/goa try not to kill it to much ;)

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
GrisomWarshadow said:
Not a whine reply
however if this so called rollback goes a good week or so back :| i lose roughly 190p worth of stuff i bought for my pally... he becomes a little lvl 30 but thats life! heh if thats the case i wouldnt say id quit like a whining baby i think its more the case i just want to play a game hassle free (alot of games have problems i know) daoc just seems to have a major share of them any how good luck fixing the server mythic/goa try not to kill it to much

Yeh. I kinda agree. and there was some guy who said, that giving us free days dont do you much.. I agree with that aswell.. Instead of free days, I rather have them on their knees saying their sorry.. :clap: or atleast, that they fixed the problem, and it "wont" happen again.. however I think its a shame, because a weeks loss, is a lot of items/ml run/xp/rps for a lot of people.. But lets not cut of theirs heads, while their still breathing.. they might fix it,with no reroll of server, or only a day..

Enties

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Cancelled my subs, buying guild wars tomorrow

1044488776.jpg

as most other gamers around the world want... a stable game with reliable support.. fair enough it has reliable support... but it aint stable :) its about as stable as my arse after a nice hot vindaloo (dont picture it you prolly be sick) anyway i just want a game that works ;/ i aint bothered about my subs i pay... not bothered about lvls or realm points... its the work you put in to get your chars armor/weapons/items that pisses me off more really :/ gaining lvls is easy... realm points... easy ;/ but pve... no thx mate :p don't get me wrong i do like pve in some games heh but daoc pve is like.... well its like sex with your left hand when your right handed :| its boring and gets tiresom

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
MagnarTBL said:
I was actually expecting this answer from you, and I only wanted to point out that in might be in your own interest, as a GameMaster, that you should have your own forum section on the official web site where you uncensored could speak out your mind and ideas about the game - as a gamemaster. This section should be something like this forum, just a community reachout where you could easily post your personal thoughts - without it being an official GOA statement as an company.

They should just post a link to a FH thread. Something like "prydwen is down, official unoffial information from the GM's will be posted (link)"

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
Yeh, car was gone for a full week once, didnt whine
T.V... mm personally i dont give a fuck about it, radio or books ftw soooo conclusion:

you are sick and you know it. :[

and yes its pathetic, but addiction is an illness... i know it, i'm a smoker :|

so your car was physicaly taken from u... you knew it was there... but couldnt use it?

and im sick in what way? i spend 12-14 hours a day at work driving a 38 tonne truck.... to find something you pay for isnt there for you to relax with when you get home pisses you off slightly bud..... especially when its no fault of your own....

anyway... nuff said

n0Gaym0

Fledgling Freddie
Please Read !!!

i just made a hib/pyrd acc 2 weeks ago and since then i have got level 50 and got alot of artifacts activated IF there is a server roll back will i have to proove i had the items or will goa check some kind of data base to return them please reply cus i dont want to have a lvl 1 char and nothing so i would have to start from the begining ..

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Cancelled my subs, buying guild wars tomorrow

You still unemployed? Seem to be missing DAOC on Prydwen a little too much mate :eek7:

Dandare said:
Cya monday :)

Hehe :worthy: Probably true!

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
n0Gaym0 said:
i just made a hib/pyrd acc 2 weeks ago and since then i have got level 50 and got alot of artifacts activated IF there is a server roll back will i have to proove i had the items or will goa check some kind of data base to return them please reply cus i dont want to have a lvl 1 char and nothing so i would have to start from the begining ..

well I think.. (again im assuming) that if they reroll the servers, these database will be lost, or not be used, as they might contain a bug.. but what do I know.. I barely know how to turn my computer on.. :cheers:

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Xalin said:
I sure hope people are still able to fight their way through all the +1 posts in this thread but hey... I'll keep posting bits of info as long as I think I'm helping a couple of you with it. A shame really I didn't want to close the thread as I wanted to give you guys the option to give your feedback and ask your questions. A lot of you seem to appreciate it (thanks for the supportive PM's and Rightnows) but a few can't seem to handle this freedom very well.

Xalin, even if your intention was good with letting people post their feedback this thread is getting to long to read for most people. To get information about a important problem like Prydwens off-line status people should not have to "fight" their way through 20+ pages of board trolls postings. Here is what I suggest:
- Make one thread that is closed and that contains GOA´s updates on the problem
- Make a second thread for people to replay/whine/suggest as much as they want.

This way you get "freedom" as well as easy accessable information.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Hmmm...

Rollback. I've been playing one of my alts in PvE almost 24/7 the weeks before this happened, buying a lot of good stuff, activating lots of arties, doing ML1-6 and ML8, farming Idols of Sobek, earning ML exp.

So I really don't know what to think. Sure, we are all in the same boat and so on but the decision after the server is back up will be individual. I really don't like doing it all again because

[x] you spotted the error too late,
[x] you then not knowing what was really going on just rebooted the server,
[x] you needed a lot of time to find the cause of error and you still need even more time to fix it,
[x] all resulting in a rollback.

Not too impressed. This ain't beta and the time you need to fix the showstopper is just way too long if it's ment to be an install of an older DB version.

Not ment to flame GoA GMs here, they're very helpful but this doesn't look very professional to me.

Please try to fix the corrupt data and merge it with an older version.

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
this idea may need some further thought: but i used to play a game called Legend of Mir, and whenever they patched a server, or screwed up and there was server downtime/hassle, theyd basically initate a double(sometimes triple) exp day. basically where every mob you killed was worth 3x the experiance. now legend of mir admittedly was a much simpler game. but there must be some sort of system like this that you could call on? just to reimburse some of the time the prydwenners have/will lose..

well hibs had it for a long time.... its called underdog bonus lol

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for the information update.

As for the players who still complain I have a few questions:

Do you REALY think they would take down a server or do a rollback if it WASNT NEEDED?

Do you think it makes them want to work faster that you verbally abuse them?

Do you HONESTLY think its the end of the world?

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Hmmm...

Rollback. I've been playing one of my alts in PvE almost 24/7 the weeks before this happened, buying a lot of good stuff, activating lots of arties, doing ML1-6 and ML8, farming Idols of Sobek, earning ML exp.

Aye.. i've been puttting the finishing touch on my 5x48+ chars.. ml'ing em, toa'ing, all the joyfull part.. :)

Dimse Dut said:
Thank you for the information update.

As for the players who still complain I have a few questions:

Do you REALY think they would take down a server or do a rollback if it WASNT NEEDED?

Do you think it makes them want to work faster that you verbally abuse them?

Do you HONESTLY think its the end of the world?

1) we'll as far as I have read, reroll, would be last resovle, but what if it is? if they cant fix the problem.. they have to eh?

2) Nopes.. The GM's are as unhappy about this, as we are.. They should, if they take their job as serious, as I've experienced em to do.. I've experience both xalin, zenythe, and req, fixing problems, when being on ml raids, within 30 mins..

3) No, but loosing your wallet isnt either.. but its DAMN ANNOYING!

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
ok, heres asort of expanation to how a company should provide its consumers....

i drive a truck.... if that truck breaks down it needs to be fixed to deliver its cargo to the consumer / retailer...

if the truck isnt working by work end time on friday... the mechanics DO work thru the weekend to fix the problem... and they DO get paid....

monday morning the truck is back on the road...... delivering said goods... customer happy.

idealism:
i PAY to play alb / pryd.... have done for 3 years.....
it was my only solitude when i broke my hand and couldnt work...
my friends in guild have helped me thru some rough patches over the past 3 years... and i have helped them....
to NOT get what i am paying for... and also the eventual rollback which WILL happen, sux ass imho guys n gals....

if you buy a computer from a store and after 6 months it breaks... you take it back, they cant repair it... do they go back 3 months and give you that model? <rollback> no.. they give you the equivelent up to date model....

i am the end user / consumer and i am not happy with the service provided..... what are goa / mythic gonna do about it?

the lag we get in game from major zerges etc.... none of that on us servers... at all. and look at the size of america.... and i know this as my friend plays the us servers and laughed when he came round and watched the unreal lag when 2 grps zerged each other in emain.... and he lives in the uk...
how can this be... its beyond belief tbh.... getting sick of waiting and the "we cant tell you whats wrong" quote sux ass also.....

thats like taking your car to the garage because its leaking fuel, and telling you "we cant tell you whats wrong, but we will fix it and charge you"

anyway... fek this.
spent way too long trying to get / make sense out of this...

if pryd isnt up monday night... thats another customer goa lost < x3 accounts >

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Ironfalcon said:
WTF! Never happy?! I 12.95$ each month to play this game.. and now theres a possible x number of days reroll?! you know some of us do have a work, and a irl to attend, if its more than one week, its gonna set alot of "casual" gamers back.. So im not suprised if a lot of people, are worried, angry, frustrated!

I have school (university), girlfriend and real life to attend as well, I pay my subs too, in order to play the game, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's only a GAME, and we all know that both hardware and software flaws and errors is a factor when dealing with this sort of stuff. Running servers for MMO's, is hardly a leisure job, and getting worried, angry and frustrated, you don't really help them do their job.

Instead, why don't you just relax, stop worrying and rely on the technitians to do their job as best as they can. Xalin stated several times that they're just as unhappy with this event as we are, and rollback was a last resort.. if rollback is nescessary, he also stated that they would do all they could to help restore lost items etc, which is really great.

Relax, don't get upset, go tend your real life that you claim to have and come back Monday to check on server status... it's a game, and even though many of us here love it maybe a bit more than what's considered healthy, it IS still just a game.

/Nausilus

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Ok last update in this thread .. will unsticky it as well.

If more info becomes available I'll start a new thread and resticky and CLOSE that one with a link to this one.

Don't get me wrong I realise you need a thread to discuss this, to ask me questions in and to (rightfully) whine in but It's become useless as a source of information. I've learned from this and will close informational threads in the future and link to a thread you can then joyfully postfarm ... uh I mean discuss in ;)

Last bit of info I got is that people are now looking at the database. It's has many corrupted characters in it and we and Mythic are looking at ways of "fixing" it.

Yes this is serious enough to keep the server down yet another couple of days. No we don't like to do this. No we don't think it's normal. No we don't think it's good service. But no there is no other way. Yes we will look at ways of compensation. Yes it sucks that it happens in a weekend with a bankholiday. Yes I'm going to sleep the entire weekend.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Atleast you're giving us updates!!

You owe me a signed drawing. =(

<3 Overgimped.

morfans

Fledgling Freddie
it happens m8 things like this are meant to try us i agree with whats said by both sides but i also think that more up dates should be posted on the daoc web site.
but the worst of all things is i now have to talk to my wife as i dont have the game to play(sob sob sob)
which me luck
:cheers:

morfans 50 pally
balise 50 necro
lanvel 24 scout

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Xalin said:
Ok last update in this thread .. will unsticky it as well.

If more info becomes available I'll start a new thread and resticky and CLOSE that one with a link to this one.

Don't get me wrong I realise you need a thread to discuss this, to ask me questions in and to (rightfully) whine in but It's become useless as a source of information. I've learned from this and will close informational threads in the future and link to a thread you can then joyfully postfarm ... uh I mean discuss in ;)

Last bit of info I got is that people are now looking at the database. It's has many corrupted characters in it and we and Mythic are looking at ways of "fixing" it.

Yes this is serious enough to keep the server down yet another couple of days. No we don't like to do this. No we don't think it's normal. No we don't think it's good service. But no there is no other way. Yes we will look at ways of compensation. Yes it sucks that it happens in a weekend with a bankholiday. Yes I'm going to sleep the entire weekend.

Txs for the update of status. I hope you get the problems sorted without rollback. Keep the server down yet more days offline - if needed - better so, than having a rollback.

I am sure that you guys will try to fix the problems even its coming weekend now and all.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

oh ffs stop whining about it
It is a computer after all and they always go tits up when unexpected, they're trying they're best to get it up and working for us.
Whats the point complaining and insulting them

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Xalin said:

Sorry, I am getting winded up by this.

That I already knew myself three and a half days ago as you can see here and I am not a DB expert.

I hope after this major DB failure someone learns from the mistakes and provides better DB monitoring or monitoring at all to shut down the server asap next time as in the morning when the first issues came there was hardly anyone on and the corrupt chars of a few dozen people could have been fixed manually w/o the need for a global rollback.

I hope you guys can fix it w/o a rollback and wish you the best luck with it.

Darkptang

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin

Yes I'm going to sleep the entire weekend.

snif snif :(

Xalin do u know when pryd gonna be up? and are u guys gonna cluster pryd and exc before getting pryd up?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
Sorry, I am getting winded up by this.

That I already knew myself three and a half days ago as you can see here and I am not a DB expert.

I hope after this major DB failure someone learns from the mistakes and provides better DB monitoring or monitoring at all to shut down the server asap next time as in the morning when the first issues came there was hardly anyone on and the corrupt chars of a few dozen people could have been fixed manually w/o the need for a global rollback.

I hope you guys can fix it w/o a rollback and wish you the best luck with it.

They have also known there an issue for some time, however that issue was just one of an greater underlaying issue, no point fixing the symptons without fixing the underlaying problems first.

Quite funny how people are going mad, pratically all software and hardware fails at some point, shit happens and that is life. Just do something else and forget about the game awhile.. Im finally getting around to decorating my flat a bit more :D

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Yes I'm going to sleep the entire weekend.

laughs out REALLY LOUD....

so that means their going home.... and forgetting about paying customers of prydwen for a couple of days.... THATS why its gonna be down another couple of days....

cya guys.....

thx for the info GM's.... /hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom