Prydwen down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Trystam said:
Just put yourselves in Xalin´s and Requiel´s shoes who are doing their best and could live better without the added pressure everyone is putting with this ..

ok, work is a bitch sometimes ^^

the dudes working on the server as we speak, whoever that may be, only do their job, they get payed for doing it and thats why they do it.
nothing to cheer for, or shout hurray for really, but im gonna do it too when the server is up.

a job well done is a job done well, unfinished jobs deserves nothing but expectations.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Just clear the databases, apply classic ruleset on Prydwen and no more problems! :D

Ps.: j/k ofc

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
ummm ok...
keep it coming nerds :)
rudebi hi hiil stationen, svikter aldri mæhei

The sucker is still down eh, guess GOA staff waiting for the yanks to wake up or smth

Truflight

Fledgling Freddie
Where they gone??? sites had no update i know its a crap update to speak off (once a day) but where the hell is todays ?
And even Xalin hasnt bothered today ---- looking like they gone home and dony give a hoot :eek7: well tbh i dont see us being back and killin mids/albs till monday heheheh. btw incase someone decides to say :twak: ...... i do have a life (2 kids) and 2 jobs but this game is like a getaway once all is done and dusted for the day. and tbh i starting to get mighty cheesed off that i cant get my vamp fix..... :(

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Any updated news? I cba to go through all this rant.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Truflight said:
Where they gone??? sites had no update i know its a crap update to speak off (once a day) but where the hell is todays ?
And even Xalin hasnt bothered today ---- looking like they gone home and dony give a hoot :eek7: well tbh i dont see us being back and killin mids/albs till monday heheheh. btw incase someone decides to say :twak: ...... i do have a life (2 kids) and 2 jobs but this game is like a getaway once all is done and dusted for the day. and tbh i starting to get mighty cheesed off that i cant get my vamp fix..... :(

I think they are to busy actually trying to fix the problem then to come hear and read all this whine.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
why fix? when a broken server is the creator of these fun threads :cheers:

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Truflight said:

Some people are never f*ckin happy...

haven't you ever thought, in that miniscule excuse for a brain, that perhaps they're too busy doing the actual fix to post on here every 10 minutes?

ffs give the guys a break. get a life, go outside etc etc

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Update

Update:

Ok just got out of a minimeeting and here is the deal:

Prydwen will NOT be up this weekend. We have now located the problem and it's a biggie. I'm not at liberty to discuss what has caused this I'm afraid.

We're slowly getting used to the fact that all this will eventually end in a rollback. Watch out this is NOT an official statement that we're rolling back but if I had to put money on something I'd put it on a rollback. And to answer the question before you can ask it: NO I have no idea to when we'll roll back.

Once again we hate a rollback almost as much if not just as much as all of you. We realise it's the most awfull thing that can happen and will continue to look for a different solution. But it's getting more and more likely that we'll be forced to perform a roll back on Prydwen.

I do have a bit of good news too! The problems with the housing zone on Excalibur are in no way related to the problem on Prydwen. We assumed it wasn't before but were now able to confirm this.

About this thread:

I sure hope people are still able to fight their way through all the +1 posts in this thread but hey... I'll keep posting bits of info as long as I think I'm helping a couple of you with it. A shame really I didn't want to close the thread as I wanted to give you guys the option to give your feedback and ask your questions. A lot of you seem to appreciate it (thanks for the supportive PM's and Rightnows) but a few can't seem to handle this freedom very well.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Argh. :( Guess Excalibur will be high-pop this weekend.

Thanks, Xalin and the rest, hang in there.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
guess it's time to make a list of the stuff one would like replaced after the "not-necessarily-happening"-Rollback :D

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Update:

Once again we hate a rollback almost as much if not just as much as all of you. We realise it's the most awfull thing that can happen and will continue to look for a different solution. But it's getting more and more likely that we'll be forced to perform a roll back on Prydwen.

How far back are you going with the roll back, thats what people will want to know ? 24 hours/48 hours.

So is monday morning a go ... since its a bank holiday weekend (Monday off) in the UK.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
SkarIronfist said:
How far back are you going with the roll back, thats what people will want to know ? 24 hours/48 hours.
Xalin said:
[..]And to answer the question before you can ask it: NO I have no idea to when we'll roll back.[..]

Causes_Chaos

Banned
Xalin said:
Update:

Ok just got out of a minimeeting and here is the deal:

Prydwen will NOT be up this weekend...
...freedom very well.

Ty m8... :(

i know u said u dont know how long, but in your personal oppinion, if there is a roll back, how far dou YOU reckon it'll have to go?

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Esselinithia said:
How this downtime affect rent timers on houses?

Not.

The server has been up but from time to time to test things but the game hasn't been "running" meaning gametime didn't progress.

Septina

Part of the furniture
SkarIronfist said:

So is monday morning a go ... since its a bank holiday weekend (Monday off) in the UK.

I think you will get answers to these questions when they actually can answer them.
And it would help if you actually read the entire post Xalin made before asking questions he's already answered :p

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Causes_Chaos said:
Ty m8... :(

i know u said u dont know how long, but in your personal oppinion, if there is a roll back, how far dou YOU reckon it'll have to go?

Not going to touch that question with 10 foot pole sorry.

It will be up to the database guru's to find where(/when) the first corruptions started.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Tyvm for the update Xalin,

I have a question if you get the chance to answer it;

Q: What will in detail a 'rollback' mean for the average prydwen player?

^^As I don't fully know the meaning of the word 'rollback', but I think I get the idea. ( Non-english here ). Ofc someone else can answer the 'Q' aswell, if they know the answer =)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
basically the server (and all characters) will be exactly as they were X days ago (at whatever time the rollback is taken to).

i.e. anything that had been done between the rollback point and the server going down would have been undone.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Rollback means that they roll the server database back to an older point in time when it was declared to be in a "good" state (i.e. they turn to the backups). In essence, for the player, it means that the entire world of the server is turned back in time, as if using a time machine, and the things that you did after the rollback point are as if they never happened.

It's quite a major thing, and it is probably the absolute last emergency solution the GOA team would ever consider.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
With prydwen down, is there any possibility of reopening your test server and with people not working on the fixes of prydwen have some events for prydwen players (perhaps with copied characters)? If such events can result in trophy items, etc. later as "compensation" for problems, and can mean most prydwen people can have a far less unhappy weekend?

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
If it's looking increasingly likely that you will have to rollback, why not discover where the corruptions began, rollback and get the server up for the weekend. Surely that will provide less annoyance to the Prydwen playerbase than waiting until Monday, THEN having to face a rollback.. :s

Septina

Part of the furniture
Esselinithia said:
With prydwen down, is there any possibility of reopening your test server and with people not working on the fixes of prydwen have some events for prydwen players (perhaps with copied characters)? If such events can result in trophy items, etc. later as "compensation" for problems, and can mean most prydwen people can have a far less unhappy weekend?

Or they could just focus on the main problem instead of putting people to organise the event/charcopy blablablablablabla.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Fair point .... (didn't read it all).

GF away for 7 days and server has been down, or will have been down 5 days by Sunday night. So it was meant to be prime gaming time with no nagging ;)

Tbh not so bothed by the money, more bothered about losing the rps from the Sunday/Monday night.

If you have a database corruption, then it tends to point to hardware (Disk/Memory), but normally the database would warn if its integrity was being compromised (Thats if the database logs are actively scanned by bots - no not a aug bot), but if you run a a cluster I suppose the network traffic between the blades/servers in the clusters could be at fault.

At least the servers aren't as ropey as the WoW ones are, though the server farm is alot smaller.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Esselinithia said:
With prydwen down, is there any possibility of reopening your test server

No. We have to much work to worry about opening one of our testservers as a playground and are actually using those servers to run tests to find and fix the problems on Prydwen.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
i just hope it dont get rolled back 1 week = bye erinys, bye lvl 10 on it.

Think i did some ml 7 to >.<

RPs doesnt matter at all, just the pve part is so zzzz.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Rollback means that they roll the server database back to an older point in time when it was declared to be in a "good" state (i.e. they turn to the backups). In essence, for the player, it means that the entire world of the server is turned back in time, as if using a time machine, and the things that you did after the rollback point are as if they never happened.

It's quite a major thing, and it is probably the absolute last emergency solution the GOA team would ever consider.

Flimgoblin said:
basically the server (and all characters) will be exactly as they were X days ago (at whatever time the rollback is taken to).

i.e. anything that had been done between the rollback point and the server going down would have been undone.

Thank you both =)

<Imagines winning some important item with mod, just before the rollback>

I can also see why this (rollback/time travel ;) ) would be the absolute last solution, as people would be asking to get items/xp and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom