Prydwen down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
[UPDATED] Prydwen down

We have just shut down Prydwen and will not open it untill we're confident the database issues have been solved. We are working with Mythic on finding and then solving this issue.

I realise you have a lot of questions. Like how long the server will be down and if there will be a rollback. I would answer these questions if I could and I promise you that as soon as I get more information I will post it here.

I also realise this is very frustrating and we apoligize sincerely for the downtime and the resulting inconvenience. Please understand that we are putting all our resources behind fixing this thing as soon as possible.

For those of you craving an official confirmation of this there will be a post on the website soon.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
UPDATE: It is extremely unlikely the server will come back up tonight and if it does it will be well after midnight. Mythic's and our tech people are currently reading trough serverlogs to determine when the problem occured and will then need to work on a fix.

So if you had something planned for tonight on Prydwen I'm afraid you're going to have to cancel.

This is the first time we are forced to keep a server down over night and we are, as I'm sure you are as well, extremely dissapointed by this. The team is working hard on a fix and in the meanwhile we're going to need you to be patient.

Once again... sorry for this.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Xalin, Thanks for all the feedback!

Is there any chance there will be a server roll back ?

I do hope not x<

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin: Monday on a raid, one of our grp was on a skiff in Oceanus Hesperos, but the game reported he was killed (insta killed) by a volcanus snake and then lost connection to game server... When told Zenythe about it, he said the problem is with how game sets IDs for connection, and should be fixed at next login. Are the two bugs (item duplications and loses) and the ID bugs that causes such events linked?

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Haggus said:
Xalin, Thanks for all the feedback!

Is there any chance there will be a server roll back ?

I do hope not x<

Xalin said:
I realise you have a lot of questions. Like how long the server will be down and if there will be a rollback. I would answer these questions if I could and I promise you that as soon as I get more information I will post it here.

Esselinithia said:
Are the two bugs (item duplications and loses) and the ID bugs that causes such events linked?

We have no proof to link these issues together no.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Thankyou for the update. Any news is good news I suppose!

I assume you lot are all now working some overtime?

Talsar

Albion Legend
Xalin,

Thanks for keeping us informed. Hope you guys dont have to pull an all nighter to fix old betty (prydwen).

Good luck on the repairs.

Talsar.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Trying to do my best to avoid the Alb zerg on Excal in Thid - missing ole Prydwen :( But best it stays down to fix it once rather than bowing to us lot moaning :)

Safar

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin and Requiel

Thanks for keeping us posted, your work is very much appreciated.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
thanks for input, hope it gets fixed, quoting chimera about cluster "it was so close" :((((

Xalin: how many days/weeks/months/years(huhu) do you reckon we will have cluster postponed now? :X

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
MaditioN said:
Xalin: how many days/weeks/months/years(huhu) do you reckon we will have cluster postponed now? :X

As usual I can't be certain because sometimes these unplanned things happen. But I would say we're looking at days not weeks.

As soon as Prydwen is back up and running without problems we could cluster as soon as the next day. I have secret hopes that Prydwen will be up and running some time tomorrow which will probably mean we'll cluster Friday. But they're my secret hopes so no-one go whining when GOA doesn't make Xalin's secret hope-deadline!

We were all ready and prepared for it and the current problem isn't (at all) related to clustering.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Xalin said:
As usual I can't be certain because sometimes these unplanned things happen. But I would say we're looking at days not weeks.

As soon as Prydwen is back up and running without problems we could cluster as soon as the next day. I have secret hopes that Prydwen will be up and running some time tomorrow which will probably mean we'll cluster Friday. But they're my secret hopes so no-one go whining when GOA doesn't make Xalin's secret hope-deadline!

We were all ready and prepared for it and the current problem isn't (at all) related to clustering.

the xalin-secret just raised my hope 1254654 times, almost feel happy now! thx :]

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
well i hope they dont roll back as i have loads i would lose if it does i have 10p on my pally and 40p on necro from the other day i hope not :twak: at roll back

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:

This means you know the exact nature of problem and what caused it? So your hopes at early fix is based on understanding of the nature of problem?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Esselinithia said:
This means you know the exact nature of problem and what caused it? So your hopes at early fix is based on understanding of the nature of problem?

It is more likely to be a accurate assumption seeing as anything they have to do for clustering would have been done on both Excal and Pryd, and as Excal is just fine it means its unlikely to be cluster preparation.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yep, server side lag and data(base) inconsitancy is not related to clustering at all.

Basic issues >>> clustering.

feril

Fledgling Freddie
GOA arent that fast in informing whats going on on the homepage.. its a shame that all have to surf in to FH to get some decent information..

Not all players that pay for playing daoc visit FH on regular basis or even know about it..

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
i agree in some points there , mythic or GOA should host a offical forum ( i bet there are somone ) but who people actualy used

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
feril said:
GOA arent that fast in informing whats going on on the homepage.. its a shame that all have to surf in to FH to get some decent information..

Not all players that pay for playing daoc visit FH on regular basis or even know about it..

To be honest, most of the population check FH.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yep, server side lag and data(base) inconsitancy is not related to clustering at all.

Basic issues >>> clustering.

dooo0000ooo000ooom

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Lost for words to be honest on this subject,so maybe my input is better kept quiet.
Will just say I really hope you remember the 10-14k euros coming in a month and don't offer some silly "Free week" for compensation once this mess is sorted out.
That said your efforts are appricitaed GoA and work all night :mad:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Dandare said:
Will just say I really hope you remember the 10-14k euros coming in a month and don't offer some silly "Free week" for compensation once this mess is sorted out.
:mad:

they cant really do much more than that, they will not refund your money, most likely the will give free +days and increase the amount of XP and gold per kill by x4 for two weeks or something.

Not sure with cluster if this is possible in RvR zones so would prob just be PRY zones.

:m00:

Truflight

Fledgling Freddie
TBH it totally sucks its my day off. And its like wtf i cant play my game. I know it has to be done but hey ON MY DAY OFF!!! :kissit: :twak: :eek7:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest I think GOA have handled this pretty well, mostly down to them posting on here and keeping people updated. Whether or not they post on the homepage 90%+ of people probably read FH or will hear about the problems via IRC or messengers.

Not much else GOA could have done.

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
[24-08-2005] Status Update on Prydwen.

After going through the logs, we thought, aah screw it, its getting late. tomorrow prydwen opens up as a classic server, with no characters on it. Prydwen will also be renamed to Prydwenic. (We figured out we needed a newish name aswell, but were getting tired so that was the first thing that came to our minds). Good night everyone, sleep well! cya tomorrow on Prydwenic where we will have fun by spawning dragons in the starting-towns.

And of course, you will get 3 days of free play to make up for the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom