Prydwen down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
tallwiz said:
laughs out REALLY LOUD....

so that means their going home.... and forgetting about paying customers of prydwen for a couple of days.... THATS why its gonna be down another couple of days....

cya guys.....

thx for the info GM's.... /hugs

Think he was sarcastic and I doubt GMs in any MMORPG are qualified to fix DBs or the actual code, so it might be someone different fixing it now.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
tallwiz said:

so that means their going home.... and forgetting about paying customers of prydwen for a couple of days.... THATS why its gonna be down another couple of days....

cya guys.....

GMs can sleep - they fix ingame things.. not the game itself ;)

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
stupeh said:
But who will feed the techs? :(:(

Think they'll have to pester mythics team about that one.. as they do with everything else..

Dear mythic

Should we order dominos?

Regards GOA

Sorry just so bored.... had 5 mins of irl, then I missed daoc..

(i'll shut up to now)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Manisch Depressiv said:
Sorry, I am getting winded up by this.

That I already knew myself three and a half days ago as you can see here and I am not a DB expert.

I hope after this major DB failure someone learns from the mistakes and provides better DB monitoring or monitoring at all to shut down the server asap next time as in the morning when the first issues came there was hardly anyone on and the corrupt chars of a few dozen people could have been fixed manually w/o the need for a global rollback.

I hope you guys can fix it w/o a rollback and wish you the best luck with it.

1st you said yourself that you did not bother to rightnow that issue so how do you expect them to investigate and fx it?

2nd Xal siad that they found the propblem and they are not at liberty to discuss what caused it, read from that whatever but if it was as simple as random code probs i think they would have said.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
tallwiz said:

cya guys.....

It isn't this simple, and let me tell you why: All GMs play the game like we do, they miss the same raids, rvr, as we do. They want soe of the usual fun with their in game friends just as much as we do. There are 3 major differences: They have a lot of problems at work, so would need the fun even more, while most players are on average days of their life. GMs put a lot of work into the game and they probably don't like it falling appart in anyway, and they know if the game suffers on long run, that gonna hit them as well. And third, they have to deal with angry customers and the tech staff at same time.

And yes when the tech staff says they found the root of the problem, then Xalin posts it here, then at next day they have to post they haven't found the source of the problem, then... you know how it goes. And add extra conflicts at the office, etc. And they know, the hard problem will come when prydwen gets back up on its feet, and a lot of people will need help to restore what has been lost.

Truflight

Fledgling Freddie
Just got this from fridays grab bag ---->

Darkness Rising arrives sooner than planned
When Darkness Rising was revealed last May, the release in the US of the next expansion of Dark Age of Camelot was announced as scheduled for the same period as Catacombs last year. We assumed that it could also be released in Europe one year after the release of the latest expansion. But the work progressed very well, the beta test of Darkness Rising has just begun and Mythic decided to plan the release of this expansion for early October.
The European version will of course benefit from this early release but we cannot announce a release date yet. We would be happy to propose you the expansion for the Christmas holidays, as Matt Firor, vice-president of development at Mythic Entertainment suggested at Leipzig. But it is still too early to give a release date since, as Matt said in a recent interview, the delays of production of an expansion depend more on Mythic then on GOA. However, we estimate that you will not have to wait one year between Catacombs and Darkness Rising.

just a thought like but do we really need to add more i mean looks like the servers cant cope with what we already have :m00: heheh JK looks good thou dont it - cant wait :clap:

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
1st you said yourself that you did not bother to rightnow that issue so how do you expect them to investigate and fx it?

Manisch got pwned hard

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Dimse Dut said:
Thank you for the information update.

As for the players who still complain I have a few questions:

Do you REALY think they would take down a server or do a rollback if it WASNT NEEDED?

Do you think it makes them want to work faster that you verbally abuse them?

Do you HONESTLY think its the end of the world?

<hugs> and give a cookie yar to <hugs>

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
thanks for the updates GM's

but ppl must consider that the server is down...yes...the crew are working on it...yes lets not forget it is a game and dont moan and whine at ppl cos of it there is a lot of work to do when pryd comes bk online...they are human dont forget working when tired makes more mistakes so best taking time to make sure it works fully without bugs so hope xalin and crew get sorted asap

big clap for xalin for working so hard under these conditions.

look forward to prydwen coming bk online :clap:

Tilda

Tallwiz, LordJOX, Gamah, xanir Esselinithia, Brite, Hamro, MKJ and n0gaym0, consider this a final warning for this thread.
Spam again and i'll get my ban stick.

edit, and that includes responding to this post. If you have an issues with it, PM me.

Dorimor1

Banned
I've obtained ML1-4, GoV, Scalars and CB and some RPs, I guess I got off light compared to some people.

Himse

FH is my second home
:< shame i dont play prydwen. well only my warden :p but thats 90% inactive

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorimor1 said:
I've obtained ML1-4, GoV, Scalars and CB and some RPs, I guess I got off light compared to some people.

You are not the only one who would lose a great deal of mlexp/exp/arti enc/arti exp... altho it seems that the db rollback is unevitable. :puke:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Backups and Transaction logs are your friends....or not...

I suspect that, although nobody will admit, it the work involved in recreating the DB(s) from the last known good and updating with the transaction logs is too much effort to put in.

Depending on the number of chars with issues, if its quite a few then a bigger rollback would be on the cards, if its a few then recreating with the logs is feasible.

Got a bad feeling its a biggy :(

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
GOA arent legaly bound to give you anything aslong as their service is up (read: you have several other servers to choose from). If their service was totally down (ex: when GoA was hacked), they have to compensate for the downtime in forms of "free-playing-time".

As to Xalin and the the GoA techies. Keep up the good work, take your time, better to have good old Prydwen back in its original form then some shabby compromise of a server - to get it online asap.
As long as Xalin updates this thread now and then im relaxed :p

Im confident we have a solution soon :)

/cudos

actually if they rollback a week we should get a week free time as we spent time doing stuff on their server we got nothing in return for.
besides, im sure they got insurance to cover that expense.

i don't have all the time in the world to play daoc, i don't know about the rest of you, but I have a job.
a week free time makes a wee bit up for losing several levels, items and ML's.
(some lost more and some less)
that's cheap for them compared to what we really do deserve as compensation.

Gamah said:
GOA don't work though the weekend.

do you work through the weekend? do you work at all?

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
having a great time on lamork, good luck guys, bought US copy with money saved from subs on 2 of my accounts wich would have updated on 2nd :)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
do you work through the weekend? do you work at all?

I work weekends, QQ. During the week is my play time!

Gamah

Banned
Not that its any of your god damn business, but I was recently made redundent, and I am moving town soon, so I am taking a month off to enjoy myself...is that fucking ok with you Mr. No Lvl 50's.

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
actually if they rollback a week we should get a week free time as we spent time doing stuff on their server we got nothing in return for.
besides, im sure they got insurance to cover that expense.

erm, you do realise the time the server is down is also payable..... 5 days up to press + the roll back time....

GOA arent legaly bound to give you anything aslong as their service is up (read: you have several other servers to choose from). If their service was totally down (ex: when GoA was hacked), they have to compensate for the downtime in forms of "free-playing-time".

i have paid to play albion prydwen for the past 3 years... where all my lvl 50's, lgm crafters, artis, ml's, rp's, bp's, cash, guild, and last but not least all of my friends......
why the fek should i not be compensated for loosing all of that because of a server glitch that should have been noticed but wasnt till it was too late...
as you can see... no update of news, so goa at home doing their thing....
prydwen forgotten for 2 whole days......sure, they have been working their asses off.... but there is a 1000+ peeps out there being told to *play another server*.... cant see how thats good management to be totally honest.

[example]
you get up to jump in your car to go to work.... there is a guy outside with a wheel clamp on your car.... you say wtf is going on... he says *sorry, you'll have to use another*... your not gonna be pissed? i know i would.

anyway, as i said.... alot of peeps out there gonna be pissed about this, not their fault and no comp for not being able to play their own server / chars.....

:touch: the goa team... and yes, its a shitty stick

/em hugs gamah

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
tallwiz said:
erm, you do realise the time the server is down is also payable..... 5 days up to press + the roll back time....

:touch: the goa team... and yes, its a shitty stick

/em hugs gamah

Where in the service you buy does it state that 1 server cant be down cause then they have to pay for it....plz find that in the paperwork for me or....

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

Xalin said not to expect free play time, as its only one server
Theres LOADS of other servers >.< supposidly...
they dont give a crap if your main server is prydwen, you pay for DAOC EU servers, thats what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom