Patch now up

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know any community manager that keeps people informed on an hourly basis or daily basis, and if they did, then their news updates on their website would look like shit and the actually good news updates would be buried by crap. It also would probably annoy the community to read servers aren't up every hour and checking back every hour.

Well Herald site from warhammeronline.com kept updating untill issues were fixed. On several cases it was updated several times per hour and mostly on daily basis. Site is good, functional and informative, unlike some flash filled crap sites ive seen where it seems nobody bothers to do updates when you can just load them on 3rd party forums..

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The only suprising thing is that Mythic keeps working with them.

They manage to surprise me by not learning from their mistakes - patch extended downtime to be expected but they need to change their current behaviour of only posting news once situations are resolved.

The biggest problem by far with GoA is that in order to get information you end up trawling through a number of unofficial forums in the hope someone posted an update because their news page is never up to date. And ofc while trawling through forums for info many people will have a whinge about it not being up creating an even more negative perception. I'm just amazed they never managed to learn this during the DaoC period or during the last week.

Mindtricks

Fledgling Freddie
Any of you GOA defenders ever thought why US OB is running nice and smoothly and Europe not?

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
Update on the webpage now. Seems the server reopening times are delayed. Yup.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Any of you GOA defenders ever thought why US OB is running nice and smoothly and Europe not?

Actually the US servers have/are still having downtime associated with the patch. The key difference being they get regular updates about what's going on.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
As you will have noticed the open beta servers are still down following the patch operation. Our technicians are working on the issue and we expect to be able to reopen them shortly. We are sorry for the delay.

No shit we noticed. -.-

Uara

Part of the furniture
GoA said:
As you will have noticed the open beta servers are still down following the patch operation. Our technicians are working on the issue and we expect to be able to reopen them shortly. We are sorry for the delay.
new update on the website

Faya

Fledgling Freddie

Any of you GOA haters ever saw the positive they started to try? Stop the bitching thx.

US OB had patched and THEN servers went down, so get your facts straight. I would have been more annoyed after patching, joining game and suddenly poof.

Faya

llama

Fledgling Freddie
it just took them 4 hours to write thoses 2 lines, looks really promising for the future of this game

Iveseen

Fledgling Freddie
so it seems the game is creating 2 new SPECIES !!!

the GOA-h8ter
the GOA-lubber

catchem catchem gotto catchem all !!!

GOA-MON

Mey

Part of the furniture
it just took them 4 hours to write thoses 2 lines, looks really promising for the future of this game

Maybe they were working on getting the servers back up rather than pandering to the lifeless masses?

titch

Fledgling Freddie
I fully understand having the EU servers patched at the same time as the NA ones. Two teams working together = hopefully better results.

The only problem is that "I WANT TO PLAY MY BLACK ORC WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Iveseen

Fledgling Freddie
how do u get a hamster at this time of day, in the dublin-area in a legal way ?

:ninja:

Ammoth

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe they were working on getting the servers back up rather than pandering to the lifeless masses?

almost lol'd my pants off...
takes ½ a guy to update a website with 2 lines of text -.-

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
how do u get a hamster at this time of day, in the dublin-area in a legal way ?

:ninja:

I believe they frequent several of the bars in the half penny bridge area. Only problem is most of em are half cut and already have GOA name badges on!

Iveseen

Fledgling Freddie
well aslong as i got alkihol im gonne be aaaaaaallllrrriiiggghhht... yessir indeedy im gonne be fine n dandy like summin candy, ow yeah i quitted smoking since last sundi , hanging on by a thread but hey im aaaaaaallllllriiiigghhtt !!

jizzah

Fledgling Freddie
*Shoves on some nasty jungle*

So, who's gonna throw the next shot??

/popcorn

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
Many people fail to realize that people who manage the servers are usually not the once responsible of the communications with the customers. I mean i DO HOPE that they dont have community managers and customer reps configuring their hardware..

Actually considering hows it been so far it would make sence..

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I fully understand having the EU servers patched at the same time as the NA ones. Two teams working together = hopefully better results.

The only problem is that "I WANT TO PLAY MY BLACK ORC WAAAGH!!!"

Fixed! :p

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
I believe they frequent several of the bars in the half penny bridge area. Only problem is most of em are half cut and already have GOA name badges on!

I LOL'd :D

Me needs to go get some beer myself, weekend is here after all :D

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
And to think I started this thread off just to let folk know the patch was up. hehe you never know just where things will lead you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom