Patch now up

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
They are updating the news and they seem to be working together with Mythic and to the same time frame. However issues can arise. They're working on it as I'm sure GoA want to provide the best service they can. So lets not have so many negative posts :twak:

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
Many people fail to realize that people who manage the servers are usually not the once responsible of the communications with the customers. I mean i DO HOPE that they dont have community managers and customer reps configuring their hardware..

Actually considering hows it been so far it would make sence..

The majority of MMOs already have people who work on the servers and post updates very regularly when bad situations arise.

Its the lack of updates (as always) from GOA in any shape or form that will always be the main reason for peoples frustrations.

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
Does the site just hate Firefox or is the latest news about server delays actually in the Archives section of the site, not the Latest News! ?

I see the 19:45 message on the front page but when i click it, it opens the 14:30 news about the patch. If i click the Archives button after that the site opens up the 19:45 news.

Vox Doom

Fledgling Freddie
It really, really isn't difficult, nor does it take long for somebody to say "Oh by the way, we're running a bit behind schedule, bear with us please."

GOA ftl.

Spyteful

Fledgling Freddie
They are updating the news and they seem to be working together with Mythic and to the same time frame. However issues can arise. They're working on it as I'm sure GoA want to provide the best service they can. So lets not have so many negative posts :twak:

Im sure GOA aren't deliberately ruining the fun. Everybody with an ounce of sense knows that technical issues can arise. That said, they could choose to ride the community's goodwill and enthusiasm about the game and let people know what is going on a frequent basis. The tone of the forum definitely improves in the hour after any sort of news is posted and goes downhill from there until they ost news again. It's like watching a "How not to manage your community" video.

Iveseen

Fledgling Freddie

Revenge !

GHAMSTA.jpg

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
GOA's gift to Blizzard.

In reference to the earlier thread, I think Blizzard can sit back and relax as far as Europe are concerned because it looks like GOA are gifting them plentry of future WOTLK sales due to driving people away for WAR with shoddy service :p

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
Well F goa, my m8 just called and said hell be surplying the beer, so see you all tomorrow

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps if they dont get their act together before WOTLK release. This is still beta, for one more day, so they have a valid excuse for things not working 100% yet. The day after tomorrow though? No more excuses.

But yes, Blizzard suddenly seems very competent and consumer-oriented by comparison.

Mindtricks

Fledgling Freddie
Its just that this isnt the first time GOA fu**s things up. Are you guys saying that u are pleased about the way GOA has been handling OB launch and so on?
I love the game and hate the fact that every problem after the days of 414 IS going to affect sales...Especially if the early start has any problems.

luedieniel

Fledgling Freddie
In reference to the earlier thread, I think Blizzard can sit back and relax as far as Europe are concerned because it looks like GOA are gifting them plentry of future WOTLK sales due to driving people away for WAR with shoddy service :p

People leaving a game over setbacks in the beta are in my opinion not really that wanted anyhow, because seriously lets face it, I dont think I've seen many companies complete launches flawless in betas etc so I'm giving them a chance on this :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Friendly warning - if this turns into death threats I'll be using the banstick so please keep it civil!

alksoft

Fledgling Freddie
kids...

what i remember from starting WoW [was in close beta too] is a huge lag spikes and geting some free day to play from blizz. as a copensation for all thos server crashes and off-line. with wery litle suport from them . so if you think its easy go to play some else. its a start and we need to be patience. im sure after 4yr. of WAR there will be no any problems like WoW.

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
Does that include hamster threats? Cause I'm still laughing about that!

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
People leaving a game over setbacks in the beta are in my opinion not really that wanted anyhow, because seriously lets face it, I dont think I've seen many companies complete launches flawless in betas etc so I'm giving them a chance on this :)

To clarify, GOA today are the same GOA i remember from DAOC beta, and I see no change in they way they did things back then versus today.

I don't think people will leave in beta, or in early start. On the other hand once the free months subs runs out, with GOA taking mickey on service that's another story.

Anyone remember GOA taking the DAOC servers offline for two weeks when they got hacked, you see that's the GOA we all know and .... erm maybe not.

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
Yes. Threats of violence are uncalled for. (and possibly illegal in many countries? Certainly immoral.)

Venting some frustration though? And possibly some concern about how GOA will do these things in the future?

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
From what I've been seeing Mythic are also having problems with this patch so I don't think it's a GOA issue.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As Rynnor has said, please keep it civil guys - I note that many of you are newer registrations so maybe a review of the rules here would be sensible? There is a sticky reminder at the top of this forum ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just got home from work and read what's going on.. what a farce tbh.

Anyone confident for the head start then?

I should be playing Monday but maybe i should realisticly expect wednesday instead?

:m00:

People say Mythic had a problem with this patch so what GOA thought we'll try our luck and see if we don't get the problem but we won't communicate with Mythic to get a fix ready incase we do have the problem.

ishereuk

Fledgling Freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishereuk
Bored now!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE Ish????
Jupitus
Old Grumpy

Hairyarse and all mate :kissit:

How you been matey? hope your keeping well :fluffle:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hairyarse and all mate :kissit:

How you been matey hope your keeping well :fluffle:

I'm good pal, thanks... hope you're all ok ... maybe see you ingame sometime :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom