Patch now up

pez

Can't get enough of FH
We estimate the servers will be down for an hour.

You go away you check back on the website an hour later.

There been a couple of technical hitches. Unfortunately this process is taking longer than expected and we now anticipate servers being back up at 17:00 CET.

You do something else for a while and check back at 17:00 CET.

Further apologies, we have suffered numerous set backs and cannot give you an estimate as to when servers will be back online. Please be patient.

You say, 'screw it, will play tomorrow' and then head to the pub.

Or would that make too much sense?

Horseman

Fledgling Freddie
cause we like mythic?
its not like goa made this game,they just cant even host properly ^^

rynnor

Rockhound
Heh - cmon lets keep this civil and non-flaming please :)

boink

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest stop crying about a deadline over-running.
Sure you'd do the same if you booked your car in for a quick and easy job and it took them 4 times aslong as they promised?

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest stop crying about a deadline over-running.

I was complaining they dont keep us updated not the delay. I prefer a patch that works rather than one that makes it unplayable. But your right i will go and dry my eyes.

rynnor

Rockhound
Sure you'd do the same if you booked your car in for a quick and easy job and it took them 4 times aslong as they promised?

Surely thats a given plus some random technical gobbledegook and a much inflated bill :p

Mey

Part of the furniture

More than likely but then I would be paying for the service, half you noobs grabbed free codes from here.

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
well 3½ hours and no word about servers going online again, GOA dossent seem as intrestede in keeping us hooked on the game.
I hope i didnt wast all the money on the CE, if the mess the headstart up just as much

Mey

Part of the furniture
well 3½ hours and no word about servers going online again, GOA dossent seem as intrestede in keeping us hooked on the game.
I hope i didnt wast all the money on the CE, if the mess the headstart up just as much

Tell me how many open betas have you known to be "perfectly" run..

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
More than likely but then I would be paying for the service, half you noobs grabbed free codes from here.

For your information i bought a CE and thus PAID for my open beta access as it was guaranteed, and only got that access on Wed. I think that gives me the right to feel a little cheated as I have only had 2 days to use it, and wish they just had an eta.

slu9

Fledgling Freddie
its funny when some ppl say " relax its a Beta bla bla" u really think they going to change and all the sudden and provide better customer service just cos you paying? forget it this is what we have to face when GOA runs things on our side.

If i was one of the guys working on this game i would be pissed off when u know ppl really wanna play but there are 3rd partys like GOA that makes it impossible for you to just sit back and relax and enjoy the game.

Wanna be #1? get rid of GOA and this micky mouse 3rd partys cos they just let a good game down with lack of support.

i love the game but i sure cant stand GOA :(

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Surely thats a given plus some random technical gobbledegook and a much inflated bill :p

QFT :iagree:

I dread going to the garage, especially the MOT, even if my car is fine they always find sometihng wrong that normally doubles the bill minimum...

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
On the plus side I have been able to do the washing up...tidy the living room...prepare dinner...and even contemplated the ironing pile! Then I came to my senses and decided to post on here instead lol

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Tell me how many open betas have you known to be "perfectly" run..

But I can think of a beta thats very similar to this, happening at the same time as this which is being ran a lot better....

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
is it just me or were the open rvr servers not showing in the menu at first and they are showing now ?

also, i think i read that in the US there were other issues with this patch, something to do with people not being able to log in without changing their password ? i dunno if those problems have been solved over there ?

chances are GOA is waiting for a bug fix from mythic on that before they want to bring their servers online as so far as i know we don`t have an easy way to change passwords.

are the US servers up and running ?

Spyteful

Fledgling Freddie
It is beta. Down time is understandable, even if it's damn frustrating for those of us with limited play time.

Community management shouldn't really still be in beta. This game has been chatted about for years. By now they should have got a grip on handling the community senisitively.

What would be nice, would be to imagine that GOA's apology was genuine. It would be nice to think that GOA had sufficient resources to have an eye open for some of the better thought out blogs explaining why some forum posters went ballistic last weekend and how they could prevent it. Maybe they could read those sensible ideas and implement them.

Expectation management is not hard.

There are two options. Tell the people the servers will be down all day. Put them back up after 3 hours. Enjoy congratualtory posts about how hard you've worked. Smile over the small numbr of posters comparing you unfavourably to the US patch.

OR

Tell the people servers will be down for an hour first thing in the morning. Then tell the people when you said first thing in the morning, you actually meant first thing in the afternoon, but for an hour. Fail to put servers back up after an hour. See your stained reputation dragged through the mud once more.

How hard is this for GOA to get? You don't have to treat players with respect - you just have to look as though you are treating them with respect. In a sense, that's sort of what respect is.

GOA used up all their slack last weekend and then some. Spending 2 minutes posting an update on their site should be second nature.

Luckily, its a really, really good game.

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
Boo me wana smash dwarfs! :m00:

Lets hope that in this patch the annoying bug with the guards is solved, like they say in the patch notes.

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
Im not complaining because i cant play the game ,couldnt care less as im done playing the beta now tried the clss's i had my eye on and dont wanna spoil to much im concerned about them making another balls up with a simple patch.It stuns me how and why mythic let this bunch of idiots run the EU side of things if this was me in work making this many mistakes ect.. id be fired by now,simply isnt good enough.:kissit:

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
my fear is that i will miss when it comes back up and i end up in a queu to get in, which woudl wind me up since i been waiting since 3pm :lol:

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Good thing i DLed the US client as well. Playing my swordmaster on US while i wait for GOA servers to come back up, so i can continue with my witch hunter. ;)

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt Magnus post something about him having today off or something? Maybe they only have one english-speaking poster and thats why there is no update.

MinT

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt bode well for Sunday does it......and at that point we are paying customers.

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
got CE so am ALREADY a paying cust.

As for Magnus being on holiday today, it wouldn't suprise me as he is bound to get HUGE amounts of grief over the next few days from all us happy campers :flame:

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt Magnus post something about him having today off or something? Maybe they only have one english-speaking poster and thats why there is no update.
i very much doubt a CSM updates the website

llama

Fledgling Freddie

afaik goa offices are in ireland so they must have some english speaking people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom