Patch now up

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by longbow, Sep 12, 2008.

1. longbow

longbow Fledgling Freddie

As title says - patch now up

2. Apollyn

Apollyn Fledgling Freddie

Servers arent online yet though

3. Helfar

Helfar Fledgling Freddie

yeah just sat thre waiting

4. Horseman

Horseman Fledgling Freddie

patch is up but i thought we would be able to set video settings even higher

all seems he same to me,anyone else tried it?

5. Helfar

Helfar Fledgling Freddie

you can get in? I am just sat at an empty server screen

6. thergador

thergador Fledgling Freddie

click customize i dont recall the lighting or texture memory size being there before (i could be wrong ofc)

7. Stalkz

Stalkz Fledgling Freddie

servers arent available yet :(

8. Jorge Regula

Jorge Regula Fledgling Freddie

There's a texture cache option in the settings menu.

Will hopefully fix the lod so that textures more than twenty yards away don't look like they've been borrowed from Hexen.

9. Ivynoxia

Ivynoxia Can't get enough of FH

you're not wrong, they're the latest graphical options being released, I think more will follow, hopefully AF / AA is next :)

10. Helfar

Helfar Fledgling Freddie

this is a point where GOA could be making amends, by stating what is happening. instead it is an hour longer than they advuised and nobody knows what the dwarfs beard is going on

11. Toel

Toel Loyal Freddie

You're so right - If they'd just for ONCE keep in touch and explain to us what's happening we'd be giving them a lot more slack. Atleast "I" would.

How can they not see that?!

12. Horseman

it has been like that for 6 years alrdy
    anyways,bout the textures,how should we put it?the bar

13. Helfar

Helfar Fledgling Freddie

if any of the mods who are in contact with magnusk, maybe they can just point this thread out and say that we do understand things dont go as planned all the time so are happy to accept, oh it's gone wrong it will be an hour, 2, 3 or however much longer, but we dotn like being left to keep trying with no idea whats happening

14. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

It's still a beta tbh and it's not uncommon for most live games not to patch on-time.

You really want them giving you hourly updates? Naaah, thats asking a bit too much imo unless if there is a major problem requiring a significant amount of extra offline time (say, 4-5+ hours maybe?) ;)

15. Jorge Regula

Not a clue, the tooltip gives no useful information.

I'm going to leave it at maximum for now. Hopefully my 8800GTS can handle that at 1920x1200.

16. Grimlorn

Grimlorn Fledgling Freddie

Where did you guys get the patch at?

The only thing that happened when I started the game was a 360kb file was dled, and the thing was restarted. Now it gets stuck trying to retrieve the manifest files. It also shows 0 percent on Mythic Patcher in the Task Bar. Also don't think a patch with that many changes would only be 360kb. I'd think it would be several MB atleast. Right now I can't even start the game.

17. Helfar

Helfar Fledgling Freddie

I am not expecting exact timings, but I know from DaoC that GOA do this quite allot, all i am pointing out is that a little comms go ALONG way, and an addition to their note saying there are issues and a vague eta is not overly demanding. The fact that it is Beta is fairly irrelevant, it is just called customer service, ESPECIALLY after the fiasco of the start of the week.

18. Evoknox

Evoknox Fledgling Freddie

Patch servers down?

It's stuck on "Retrieving manifest files" for me.

19. Liffster

Liffster Fledgling Freddie

Patch server isnt down, just the game servers atm..

20. Horseman

was up before,i got in but saw servers were down so i closed the client
    then i got some kind of error while trying to start up

5 mins later it works again

strange stuff

21. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

I don't disagree tbh, but I do think that as it is still a beta there should be a bit more room for tollerance.

22. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

Yep, patch server is definitely running, but it seems to be struggling a bit (for me anyway).

23. Evoknox

Evoknox Fledgling Freddie

Ah, apparently it was struggling.

After I restarted it for the 3rd time it started patching right away.. Problem solved! :clap:

24. Helfar

Helfar Fledgling Freddie

bah am just grouchy as there is a nasty storm over me and my satelite is fubard right now so sat watching a blue screen on my tv and nada on my pc either heh

25. Apollyn

Apollyn Fledgling Freddie

26. partyanimal

partyanimal Fledgling Freddie

open rvr servers seem to have trouble...not even on the list...
    who cares?! give us core servers!

27. Borek

Borek Regular Freddie

GOA just need to say "sorry, we're working on it" when things go wrong, it's really not a hard concept to grasp. We don't need exact times or anything, just being told someone is working on it is enough to keep most of us happy. Sanya Thomas used to do this sort of thing all the time when i played US DAOC servers, it's what i liked so much about Mythic compared to GOA, they actually bothered to keep the people who pay their salaries informed, even if it was bad news. Plus they actually apologied now and again if it was a, thankfully rare, major cock-up.

28. Grimlorn

Grimlorn Fledgling Freddie

Ok I'm dling the 33mb patch right now. I tried like 5 times to get it working earlier when I posted and it wasn't, but now it's working.

29. Jorge Regula

GOA could help themselves a fair bit by giving more realistic ETAs. For example, this patch. If they'd said it would take 2-3 hours instead of just 1, people wouldn't be sitting here demanding an explanation for why the servers have yet to start up.

If GOA had played it safe last Sunday and said that, due to demand, they anticipated registration problems and that people shouldn't expect to be playing on the first day of beta, there would have been far less stress and probably fewer people F5-hammering their site.

It's the way we're given ETAs that are almost never met that gets on my nerves.

30. Drannor

Drannor Fledgling Freddie

I just spent the last 10 hours downloading beta I suppose I can wait a little longer, but not much haha.

I hope GOA introduce the community manager soon for WAR so we don't get such long delays in communication.

New here so if there already a community manager good luck!