Patch now up

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
TreD you're obviously a fucking twat, get a clue, grow some balls, stop fucking whining and go outside.
Its a damn game and its still in beta.
Shut the fuck up.

Nice to see the kind of attitude that GOA like in their 'moderators'. I'm suprised they didn't offer you a job in Customer Service ;)

Other people, customers, small cuddly animals? Fuck em and eat em! Good attitude for rvr though :eek:

Bob007

Prince Among Men
your joining date makes you an irrelevant nobody.

My join date > yours, Doesn't make your or my opnion any more or less valid.
Jupitus join date > mine, Doesn't make his more or less important then mine*

*His age does, 150 i heard, but not his join date ;)

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Nice to see the kind of attitude that GOA like in their 'moderators'. I'm suprised they didn't offer you a job in Customer Service ;)

Other people, customers, small cuddly animals? Fuck em and eat em! Good attitude for rvr though :eek:

Tilda a FH mod not a GoA mod, Likes to join chat groups and try for free loot. Wow i have a long memory ;)

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda a FH mod not a GoA mod, Likes to join chat groups and try for free loot. Wow i have a long memory ;)

lol

Why does he/she say DAOC Moderator in his description? Now I accept that and the royalty bit may not be true.....

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Because he is a mod of the DAOC section of the forums =)

Does anyone else feel like our beloved FH is becoming like the Blizzard forums? You have to wade through so much whining, GOA-bashing and noob-calling to find any decent posts. Free speech is over-rated! =)

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
Because he is a mod of the DAOC section of the forums =)

Does anyone else feel like our beloved FH is becoming like the Blizzard forums? You have to wade through so much whining, GOA-bashing and noob-calling to find any decent posts. Free speech is over-rated! =)

Thanks....some light has finally illuminated my brain cell. Sad thing is, I used to know that.

Nah, free speech is fun. Pro GOA trolls vs Anti GOA trolls. Great as long as it doesn't get in the way of providing info on what people actually want to know.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I think it's a bit harsh to compare WAR to AoC. WAR's bugs are very minor, AoC's were profound game breakers.

Compared to many other mmorpg launches, i think WAR will be one of the more bug-free we have seen to date. It still has some bugs, but nothing that really effects the gameplay in any major way.

Minor bugs -> ?

[x] random crashes to desktop (about a dozen in a 10 hour session),
[x] often only one visible char at selection,
[x] collision detection leading to warping (I block someone's way, he gets invisible and appears 500 units away),
[x] extreme variance in loading into scenarios, sometimes I'm in before the match starts, sometimes two minutes into the match, when it only happens to the players on one side mostly you can imagine what side will lose,
[x] NPCs ghosting, can't attack them, they warp in and back.

I find the bugs quite severe. No need to blandish the quality of the bugs I think and please note that I am in no way bad-mouthing Warhammer, I think it rocks (well, the elves don't :p) and it defo gets my vote over the others MMOGs out there at the current state.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
lol

Why does he/she say DAOC Moderator in his description? Now I accept that and the royalty bit may not be true.....
Its Tilda, its male one week, female the next, and in neither guise does it understand the rules.

rynnor

Rockhound
Im new... guess that makes me a nobody as well....

Ahh nothing like breathing life into a forum by abusing the new members... by all means abuse them for being idiots... but by being new... well thats just agressive....

Is this a place i want to be part of... ?

not with people like you around.....

This is not a hierarchy based on joining date - everyone involved in this incident go an infraction even the mod so lets move on and treat each other with equality thanks.

Drifter-One

It's my birthday today!
another one with a joining date that makes him a nobody on this forum.

The fact that you consider peoples' social standing by how long they have been a member of a forum indeed makes you an irrelevant nobody...

Forums are for discussion and debate and if you think length of time makes you a somebody. LOL, just LOL...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Minor bugs -> ?

[x] random crashes to desktop (about a dozen in a 10 hour session),
[x] often only one visible char at selection,
[x] collision detection leading to warping (I block someone's way, he gets invisible and appears 500 units away),
[x] extreme variance in loading into scenarios, sometimes I'm in before the match starts, sometimes two minutes into the match, when it only happens to the players on one side mostly you can imagine what side will lose,
[x] NPCs ghosting, can't attack them, they warp in and back.

I find the bugs quite severe. No need to blandish the quality of the bugs I think and please note that I am in no way bad-mouthing Warhammer, I think it rocks (well, the elves don't :p) and it defo gets my vote over the others MMOGs out there at the current state.

Thats your experience, mine differs. Some of this might be down to your PC.

For my experiences:

Haven't had a single crash since open beta began (had terrible problems in closed beta on my old PC tho).
I can see every char instantly at selection screen every time (again, was bad on my old PC).
Scenario's load almost instantly for me, you might be joining after the scenario has begun because someone has left and your taking his place? (Again, on my old PC it took forever and would even hang and crash at times)
Only had one mob ghost on me since open beta began, it was worse in closed beta where it happened all the time. (Again, old PC, happened all the time)
Only ever had one collision detection bounce, not had any since the 4.1 patch (although i know a few players who do have it happen to them occasionally). I am told it's down to lag, but as it never happens to me i don't know much about it. (Struggled to even play pvp in closed beta, so even if it happened to me, i probably wouldn't have noticed).

It's quite a system-intensive game and my old DAoC rig simply couldn't cope with the game at all even though it was supposedly good enough to meet the system requirements for WAR.

None of this makes the game unplayable imo, so yes, minor bugs.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thats your experience, mine differs. Some of this might be down to your PC.

For my experiences:

Haven't had a single crash since open beta began (had terrible problems in closed beta on my old PC tho).
I can see every char instantly at selection screen every time (again, was bad on my old PC).
Scenario's load almost instantly for me, you might be joining after the scenario has begun because someone has left and your taking his place? (Again, on my old PC it took forever and would even hang and crash at times)
Only had one mob ghost on me since open beta began, it was worse in closed beta where it happened all the time. (Again, old PC, happened all the time)
Only ever had one collision detection bounce, not had any since the 4.1 patch (although i know a few players who do have it happen to them occasionally). I am told it's down to lag, but as it never happens to me i don't know much about it. (Struggled to even play pvp in closed beta, so even if it happened to me, i probably wouldn't have noticed).

It's quite a system-intensive game and my old DAoC rig simply couldn't cope with the game at all even though it was supposedly good enough to meet the system requirements for WAR.

None of this makes the game unplayable imo, so yes, minor bugs.

No, it's not my PC. It's general phenomena. I suggest to actually play with friends on TS and talk to them!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, it's not my PC. It's general phenomena. I suggest to actually play with friends on TS and talk to them!

Oddly enough, I had a few issues when running TS aswell.... hmm....

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Pretty arrogant to claim that "it's nothing to do with my computer" but sure. I only talk to my friends on Ventrilo, not TS, so what do I know? :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Pretty arrogant to claim that "it's nothing to do with my computer" but sure. I only talk to my friends on Ventrilo, not TS, so what do I know? :)

I've built personal computers since I'm 13 years old and later sold custom built PCs professionally and I still know how to check a defect PC and find the reasons for the defect.

My hardware is okay, if you mean it could be DirectX, or Windows or some drivers, well, fair enough, that's one of the problems PC games have to face.

Beside of that, I don't get your or Tallen's point really. You both seem to be a little bit too assumptive.

As for the arrogance, I'm arrogant enough to put you into a pigeon-hole with all the other forums-clowns telling people that their machines could be broken when the software itself has clearly some issues. Enjoy the stay there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom