No /stick?

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
Great to get all the gossip and tidbits from Damini's report, however, the real earth-shattering thing that I read was... no /stick!

I'm quite used to having AFK gimps stuck to me as we charge through RvR zones... it will never be the same again! :eek7:

Damini

Part of the furniture
There will be the ability to auto follow allies. Just not the ability when fighting opponents, or trying to auto face opponents as far as I understood it. The phrase no /stick was used but maybe their undertanding of what it meant differs to yours. Best bet is to read other reports and collate information.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
There was no /stick when daoc started ither if I'm not misstaking...
I think when DAoC started there was just a /follow command, not a /stick yes.

If you can't /stick and /face an opponent in WAR then i think thats a great thing. So you can auto follow an ally....but you can't just 'nearest target' '/stick' '/face' and hit. Add a bit more of a skill factor to RVR. I think we should be applauding this so i'm gonna :clap::clap::clap:

Damini

Part of the furniture
Also, as some attacks work specifically when attacking from behind, then there is definately an additional skill factor.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Also, as some attacks work specifically when attacking from behind, then there is definately an additional skill factor.

Is everything you witnessed common domain knowledge or some stuff still under NDA?

I'd like to know if they're implementing chain-attacks like in DAoC... Used to love the blademaster's side-style combo!

Damini

Part of the furniture
Everything I saw was common domain, although at one stage we were asked to turn the camera off. Anything I subsequently discover in the beta will be subject to the NDA, so I'm trying to hold back playing for a bit until I've got all the answers out of the way as I'm deeply rubbish at putting my memories in chronological order.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Everything I saw was common domain, although at one stage we were asked to turn the camera off. Anything I subsequently discover in the beta will be subject to the NDA, so I'm trying to hold back playing for a bit until I've got all the answers out of the way as I'm deeply rubbish at putting my memories in chronological order.

Right-o! That must take much more restraint than I'd have, hehe! Did they show anything regarding combo-attacks/chained-styles etc. as well as positionals?

Damini

Part of the furniture
Nothing specifically about combo/attacks or chained styles.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
oh please god can we not have the WoW thing of people bunny hopping all over the place :eek6:

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
oh please god can we not have the WoW thing of people bunny hopping all over the place :eek6:

There have been reports from gamedays and such that that is not possible due to collision detection and because with no /face and such you can't insta face someone and hit him. So if there is a tank in front off a squishy target you need to either kill the tank or get around him to get at the squishy target

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom