GOA or to whom it may concern (no trolls)

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
It is kind of embarrising to be the guy who introduced the trail to several people only for those friends to have all these problems, unable to download client, unable to log in, to much lag, ctd, dayly fixes-patching, and that doesnt include your rubbish website before they've even downloaded the client during the few days they MIGHT get to try warhammer online.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Yup. Can't imagine GOA being too thrilled with the issues either, tbh. To you, it's an embarrassment - To GOA, it means the potential loss of new customers when many existing customers are cancelling their subs.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
No idea how true it is, but someone posted that GOA have already lost 70% of their initial subscribers to WAR since launch.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Issues you've highlighted were my experience of the WoW trial when it started. It's a shame that GOA didn't anticipate the problems we knew would come with 1.2 and the demand on the free trial.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
The only issue I can link to GoA is the server connectivity issue this morning, it's the first time in a long while that it's even been an issue.

CTD, Server code (lag) et al are all in Mythic's ball park.

There's one or two issues cropping up on Norn with the newly increased server pop but there's being dealt with the last I heard.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No idea how true it is, but someone posted that GOA have already lost 70% of their initial subscribers to WAR since launch.

thats just figures he pulled out of his arse unless he's working on the billing departement on GOA.

and he quite clearly isnt.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
As we posted on our website there are currently some problems with some of the larger European ISP's causing connectivity issues all over Europe.

We agree the timing is horrible and unfortunate and we're working with those involved to solve the issues as soon as possible.

Thanks for inviting your friends to play WAR. We appreciate the support and will try our best not to embarrass you in the future ;)

Edit: About %'s and rumours mentioned in this thread. I'm glad to see that people here ask for sources before jumping on bandwagons.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Always makes me boggle at the fact GOA has always had issues with ISps throughout europe and issues with bandwidt in the past etc.

France Telecom/Orange/GOA have issues with these things and yet *normal* plain vanilla games developers running mmos dont have these problems as often.

Seriously did any odl school DAoCer think there wouldnt be problems like these with GOA? We all knew without a doubt the level of service we would ( and do ) get.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Two of my friends are still having problems downloading the trial client and two relitives havent been able to log in due to the current european isp problems connecting to the war platform.
Im told trial players are given a choice of a couple of servers, this is not good as they have friends already playing on a server not given to them. I just hope those servers are populated so they can experience the game.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Always makes me boggle at the fact GOA has always had issues with ISps throughout europe and issues with bandwidt in the past etc.

France Telecom/Orange/GOA have issues with these things and yet *normal* plain vanilla games developers running mmos dont have these problems as often.

I played WOW for almost 5 years, oddly enough now and then the same sort of issue would pop up with different isp's, hell it was the same in Lotr and TR to name but a few, this sort of thing happens, if we had regular server outages you'd have a valid point. So far that hasn't happened.

Seriously did any odl school DAoCer think there wouldnt be problems like these with GOA? We all knew without a doubt the level of service we would ( and do ) get.

:m00:

Yes you have an axe to grind, you're and old school daoc player and ....bla...bla...bla, let it go, ok.

Apart from the open beta cock up GoA's service has been pretty good, most of the other problem's can be layed squarely at Mythic's feet.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I played WOW for almost 5 years, oddly enough now and then the same sort of issue would pop up with different isp's, hell it was the same in Lotr and TR to name but a few, this sort of thing happens, if we had regular server outages you'd have a valid point. So far that hasn't happened.

Yes you have an axe to grind, you're and old school daoc player and ....bla...bla...bla, let it go, ok.

Apart from the open beta cock up GoA's service has been pretty good, most of the other problem's can be layed squarely at Mythic's feet.

QFT.

(if I could rep again I would <3 )

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Edit: About %'s and rumours mentioned in this thread. I'm glad to see that people here ask for sources before jumping on bandwagons.

Ok then, give us the official figures or otherwise butt-out and allow people to speculate...you can't have it both ways.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

General stability wise yes I can agree with that but GOA have had more than their fare share of screw ups, they bounce from one cock up to another, seemingly never learning from their mistakes. Far to many mistakes to earn any credibility.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Sadly you lot can't even manage to get the realm war working so there is no way to know really. The fact that you are having to repeatedly merge servers on a massive scale 6 months into the game life speaks volumes.

I would like to come back to the game for a third time but I don't really see there is much point now.

Sorry Ace but questions need answering.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Pikeh is such a wow kid... :twak:

I don't really get your post?

Why am I a WoW "kid"? Kami agreed with me, Jaberwocky made the post in the first place...

Played WoW for all of what? 15 minutes on the trial because I was bored.
It didn't help.

Blame where blame is due, imho. Things like whining at GOA (re; the problems today) for another companies fault isn't really on is it?

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie

You dont get the irony of a telecom company having problems with bandwidth? lol. Over the years GOA has had more trouble with their little mmo ,DAoC-EU than ,lets say WoW, has with their 12million player monstrocity. I was saying old school players of daoc arent ,shouldnt and wont be ,suprised to see that GOA once again have a piss poor level of service.
All this was mentioned BEFORE the game went live, that we didnt want GOA to get the bloody job again, and yet they did.THAT lies at Mythics feet.

GOAs service good? No realm plages, beta fooked up, server changes, name loses, transfers pages dont work half the time, web sites flash shit, login problems , isp problems, csr's without a clue, web help takes three weeks to work, account activation possesed by a poltergiest, 414 errors, no forums, test server months after US ... really bla bla bla yeah fuckin right im annoyed.

Annoyed that a company with /fail as their byline (anyone wanna bet how long it is till they corrupt this database ala daoc style?) can still get the contract .

And youve got a cheek to try say "they done good" ?

Maybe you deserve each other.

pito

Loyal Freddie
well i cant speak for every one but yesterday in the UK every person and had problems with the internet, so if some of you guys wanna blame GOA to feel better go ahead. I in the other hand know better but Nic if you read these i would like to apologise for the ignorance of some of my fellow man, at the end of teh day we are all only human and make mistakes.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
well i cant speak for every one but yesterday in the UK every person and had problems with the internet, so if some of you guys wanna blame GOA to feel better go ahead. I in the other hand know better but Nic if you read these i would like to apologise for the ignorance of some of my fellow man, at the end of teh day we are all only human and make mistakes.

Can i just call bullshit here LOL.

I run a business on the internet and we had ZERO problems. WE had tons of people on our website and not one complaint of web access issues.
The suppliers we deal with utilise the net heavily and had no issues ( i asked after your post).

So no EVERYONE in the UK did NOT had internet issues.

Gottta love that everyones anti goa until a non "6v6 fake pvp" runner joins in the chat then its ,close ranks ,batten down hatches and agree with each other no matter that the interloper with no sad daoc ranks and characters in his sig joins in the chat.

Oh how i miss Barrysworld.

Let me get you a bigger brush for your next sweeping statement of fact.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
To be completely fair there were some major problems across many interchange hubs throughout Eu yday, i concur.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie

I agree, the key word in your text is "IN" the issue was international, local net infrastructure was unaffected.

Internationally it was hell for a few hours.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

I run a business on the internet and we had ZERO problems. WE had tons of people on our website and not one complaint of web access issues.
The suppliers we deal with utilise the net heavily and had no issues ( i asked after your post).

Gottta love that everyones anti goa until a non "6v6 fake pvp" runner joins in the chat then its ,close ranks ,batten down hatches and agree with each other no matter that the interloper with no sad daoc ranks and characters in his sig joins in the chat.

Oh how i miss Barrysworld.

Let me get you a bigger brush for your next sweeping statement of fact.

There was a fibre break in london somewhere on sunday, checked my download speed was 19MBPs to paris, and 640k to maidenhead using speedtest.

I agree though not everyone had problems depends on your routing and if you have leased lines.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yes other games have lag too, but when i played WAR i sometimes ran WoW on my 2nd comp to fish and stuff, when i had loads of lag, ctd's etc in WAR, wow ran just as smooth at the 60ms latency. Twice i noticed lag in both war and wow, so some is over the euro net. And its easy to blame something thats outside your controll, then to have a look at your own stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom