Fortress lords and their no-ress debuff

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Need a little help :)

Trying to work out what the fortress lord no-ress debuff is: how long it lasts, what the immunity is etc.

Given I haven't got a ressing char above level 15 and it's only possible to test this thing when attacking an enemy fortress it's difficult for me to get much data on it ;)

So, I'm looking for past experiences of people in fortresses (have you been able to ress at all?) and if people can try and find the debuff to get the mouseover info for duration (and see if they get an immunity).

Ta,
Flim

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
From my experience, seems to be no standard cast rez anywhere inside the inner fort, although you can rez on/from the BM's if you get your positioning right. The no rez aura affects all the floors within the fortress and the stairs, so not just the lord room.

Rank 4 morale rezzes work though.

I've not seen a debuff, but then i've not been looking for one. You do get the same message when you try to cast a rez that you get when fighting PVE bosses though.. 'You are too terrified to do that'

Nate

FH is my second home
All PvE bosses have this debuff, doubt they'll be removing it. Seems to be something they like globally, maybe it stops lower then the required amount of players from doing the encounter.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
All PvE bosses have this debuff, doubt they'll be removing it. Seems to be something they like globally, maybe it stops lower then the required amount of players from doing the encounter.

IMO it's an automagic "ooh make it difficult" switch for unimaginative encounter designers.
(in PvE)

in RvR it's madness...

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Unless I'm very much mistaken, the defending side can still rez while the lord fight's going on. I know the attackers are supposed to get a numerical advantage to offset the benefits the defenders receive from being in a fortress surrounded by champion guards etc, but is this enough to counter the fact that the defenders have potentially limitless instant reinforcements?

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
Unless I'm very much mistaken, the defending side can still rez while the lord fight's going on. I know the attackers are supposed to get a numerical advantage to offset the benefits the defenders receive from being in a fortress surrounded by champion guards etc, but is this enough to counter the fact that the defenders have potentially limitless instant reinforcements?

I'm almost embarassed to admit that i've only done one fort defence so far and the zone crashed before Order could get into the inner keep (Mostly we've been attacking the order forts, but it's starting to get more even now) so can't comment on the defending side being able to rez or not.. would imagine they can though.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they seemed to be ressing OK when we were there the other day and I don't recall hearing anyone having problems but that's all hearsay :)

I'd be surprised if the lord made his own side too afraid to ress though ;)

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
The lord somehow counts as a 'boss encounter' and since the defending side is NOT in a 'boss encounter' because they are not attackin their own lord, they can rez..

The attacking side has to use morale 4 or get 'out' of the boss encounter to rez.. I can rez from outside the room below the boss, hard todo as mostly defenders above have that doorway covered, but doable, and sometimes can get a normal rez off in the room below boss, but not often..

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
rank 4 ress is all when and good in theory but more times than not someone pops it and you dont even get the ress.

The lord should not have this ability, its hard enough to get to the lord let alone all the enemy healers on the floors above keep everyone up. The lord is secondary target in the fortress behind every other Order member. Chances of you killing 2-3 wbs of defenders and still having enough to take the lord out is very slim.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
rank 4 ress is all when and good in theory but more times than not someone pops it and you dont even get the ress.

The lord should not have this ability, its hard enough to get to the lord let alone all the enemy healers on the floors above keep everyone up. The lord is secondary target in the fortress behind every other Order member. Chances of you killing 2-3 wbs of defenders and still having enough to take the lord out is very slim.

Agree with this.. can't understand what they were thinking tbh.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Well there's population caps on fort attacks now so maybe there will be a large enough size difference in attacker/defender numbers to balance this. If not then yeah remove it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Nope not at all, because as soon as any realm takes a zone adjacent to the fort everyone on the attacking server runs in to get a piece of the action, the cap is still above more than 3wb's of defenders which means there is still zero chance on a equally populated server to take the fort legally.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Ok well they need to reorganise the layout of the fort too then.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The last fortress attack I was in that got to the lord was last Friday - the day before a patch to modify the difficulty of the fortress lords...

Has anyone got to the lord since last saturday? is the no-ress still there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom