Loot bags missed + refunded.. yes or no ?!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
ok this is getting stupid

can we have an official goa answer pls:

if you cannot get to a PQ chest for whatever reason, and miss out on a bag, will CSRs replace it for you ?

i know people have had them replaced, as have i, in the last few days
had same thing today, CSR pop, "oh its been policy for a while not to replace them"
er, come again?!

Afran

Part of the furniture
CSR's are constantly getting their policies wrong it seems...

I once placed a 19 Strength talisman into a piece of jewerly by mistake, I appealed it and the CSR told me it's against their policy to reverse it so could not give me the talisman back, to which I replied, "Isn't it pretty much the same as salvaging an item by mistake?" as I've known people to do that and have the item replaced, to which he told me to wait 5 minutes. Then he came back with an "Oh, good point, we can do this for you!" Etc.

If I was you I'd appeal that again for a different CSR :)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
slightly off topic, anyone noticed the total tally up after a pq or keep take doesnt always add up right?

i had it 3 times today where mine was always wrong.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
slightly off topic, anyone noticed the total tally up after a pq or keep take doesnt always add up right?

i had it 3 times today where mine was always wrong.

you mean, getting a +500 bonus roll and end up with a 15 total? :)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
you mean, getting a +500 bonus roll and end up with a 15 total? :)

1 instance, i got +55 contribution, and a roll 467, my total came to 450. The other 2 times were something roughly like this aswell.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
I love it when anybody does something stupid and they petition a GM, they always use the excuse that a GM did the opposite to someone else I knew or saw so why can't you do it now.

This is a classic case of giving a mouse a cookie.

WAR staff should have kept the cookies to themselves from the beginning.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
I love it when anybody does something stupid and they petition a GM, they always use the excuse that a GM did the opposite to someone else I knew or saw so why can't you do it now.

"Always" really is a stupid word to use in this particular statement. Not only does it base your entire argument on a falsehood, (people don't always do this when they petition a CSR,) but it also, when coupled with the word "excuse", it indicates you're implying that every person that's ever petitioned a CSR and then asked them to double check if they're making the right call is somehow being dishonest.

Overall, to be honest, the entire statement makes you sound like a bit of a wanker. I'm sure this wasn't the message you wanted to deliver.

WAR staff should have kept the cookies to themselves from the beginning.

So am I to understand from this post that you are opposed to the idea of CSRs giving item refunds, or otherwise giving characters items they're entitled to?

Cos I'm with you in the sense that I don't feel CSRs should be replacing items accidentally salvaged, sold or destroyed, but as for not giving items players are intitled to on general principle?

...bit of a wanker again.

Anyhoo, I think Mabs was actually after an answer from someone actually in a position to know, rather than a smattering of acerbic opinions and wild tangents from the peanut gallery. Some could argue he's posted in exactly the wrong place to achieve his aim, but that's possibly a whole other thread.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
"Always" really is a stupid word to use in this particular statement. Not only does it base your entire argument on a falsehood, (people don't always do this when they petition a CSR,) but it also, when coupled with the word "excuse", it indicates you're implying that every person that's ever petitioned a CSR and then asked them to double check if they're making the right call is somehow being dishonest.

Overall, to be honest, the entire statement makes you sound like a bit of a wanker. I'm sure this wasn't the message you wanted to deliver.

So am I to understand from this post that you are opposed to the idea of CSRs giving item refunds, or otherwise giving characters items they're entitled to?

Cos I'm with you in the sense that I don't feel CSRs should be replacing items accidentally salvaged, sold or destroyed, but as for not giving items players are intitled to on general principle?

...bit of a wanker again.

Anyhoo, I think Mabs was actually after an answer from someone actually in a position to know, rather than a smattering of acerbic opinions and wild tangents from the peanut gallery. Some could argue he's posted in exactly the wrong place to achieve his aim, but that's possibly a whole other thread.

Just wow.

All that text to counter my three lined argument... Well done.

I'd give you a cookie but I have no milk.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Just wow.

All that text to counter my three lined argument... Well done.

I'd give you a cookie but I have no milk.

Well I could have paraphrased it to "You sound like a bit of a wanker", but that would've been trolling. Thought I'd at least explain myself.

Guyton

Fledgling Freddie
getting back to the original question: I died seconds before the end boss of the PQ died and could not run back in time to get the bag so I contacted a CSR who promptly told me they would investigate and within 30 mins the bag i won was in my inventory.

I was very pleased with the result and the csr was very helpful, so far I haven't had a bad word to say about them shame its not consistent for everyone

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
... I died seconds before the end boss of the PQ died and could not run back in time to get the bag so I contacted a CSR who promptly told me they would investigate and within 30 mins the bag i won was in my inventory.

In a similar circumstance I died and could not get back. However I accepted it as part of the game and did not dream of asking a CSR to step in. If it happens again I'll know different.

As an overall observation it seems to me that in life you can ask several people their views on the same problem and get more than one response. That's just a function of us being individuals. From a CSR perspective it sounds as if they need their own version of FAQ so if someone appeals they can check it off on a list of precedents and then be consistent.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
and to quote the man himself...

if they arent going to do it, fine, but when its pot luck if you get a "good" gm or not, its a bit stupid :)

Attachments

• csrlootbag.JPG
    csrlootbag.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 42

legar

Loyal Freddie
they replaced it for me 3 days ago :)

Dear Customer,

We have investigated the missing loot bag issue and confirmed that you are entitled to an item reimbursement. The Loot bag was created on the character named Swirlsie. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For any further queries don't hesitate to contact us via the in game Ticket system.

Kind Regards,

WAR European Customer Support Team

Your appeal:
heya,

i just did a keep-taking and came in 4th and won a bag.
before i could even reach into the pot to take the bag it was gone, it just dissapeared..

could you reimburse me please?
BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE NAME: box with bags went gone in under 10 secons

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
We were told earlier that they wouldn't reimburse items we'd not looted in time..

We killed Bilelord in Bilerot Burrow earlier, but when he sucks you into his stomach at 20% health the rest of the party got dragged in slightly faster than me, so he ran over and hit me for 5k damage.. I then took a few ticks of 400 or so damage while we were all disabled in his stomach and died. Noone had a morale 4 rez up while inside, and when we all got turfed back out again I was left behind dead inside him.

The rest of the party killed him, but as I was stuck they couldn't target me for a rez so I had to release and run back. Kindly enough, my guildies decided to wait for me before looting.. and of course, the corpse despawns just before I get there so none of us got anything.

The GOA CSR told us it's not in their policy to reimburse in those circumstances and that he couldn't respawn the boss for us to fight it again. :(

legar

Loyal Freddie
Well it seems their policy isnt migrated troughout the whole company then... ;)

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I was very pleased with the result and the csr was very helpful, so far I haven't had a bad word to say about them shame its not consistent for everyone

I agree Guyton only good experiences here with CSR, quick responses helpful and polite people, who are willing to go the extra mile, dont know why everyone else seem to have trouble with them, if its the communication that goes bad or what it is, but every problem i have has been sloved fast and expertly and sometimes they are willing to go the extra mile.

But i could just have been lucky with my CSR Dudes :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well it seems their policy isnt migrated troughout the whole company then... ;)

i'm starting to suspect that the CSR's arent actually talking to eachother. theres just WAY to much difference in how each of them deal with the same issues for that.

they dont even answer the exact same questiion the same way, one can say yes and the other say no.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I agree Guyton only good experiences here with CSR, quick responses helpful and polite people, who are willing to go the extra mile, dont know why everyone else seem to have trouble with them, if its the communication that goes bad or what it is, but every problem i have has been sloved fast and expertly and sometimes they are willing to go the extra mile.

But i could just have been lucky with my CSR Dudes :)

oh we didnt say they werent friendly, they are very much so. but they seem to lack a guideline on what they can and can't do.

try appealing with a question someday about a simmilar issue, then wait a few days and appeal the same thing again.

i can guarantee you that you will get a completely different answer if its a different CSR that takes the ticket.

i mean, they cant even decide if a banner wall is an exploit or not!

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
hehe can already see the following happening.

Warhammer has decided to have a complete set of guidelines, that means they will no longer help out with certain things they sometimes did before, goldbags etc.

And instantly big whine from all, WHY CANT YOU DO THIS AND THAT, you always did before.

For me i would like to avoid guidelines as i know that some of the things i gotten help with such as a goldbags and such would not be allowed, so id rather have a small chance of getting lost loot than no chance at all :cheers:

Anyhow just the ramblings of a mad Dane.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well it WOULD be nice if the CSR's were actually on the same page insted of on different books.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good day,
as the game change, so does our restoration policies. We recognize that some loot mechanics can be somewhat unforgiving at times, but unless they're blatantly broken, we can't just step in every time a player has missed out on loot due to the small margins provided by the game.

For instance, we used to reimburse players if they didn't have time to reach a PQ chest. However, Mythic increased the despawn time on PQ chests a while back, and so we discontinued this practice. If one would mistakenly choose gold instead of an item, we'll still help out though. Keep and Fortress chests still have a very short despawn time and so we are much more lenient and will more often reimburse RvR loot bags. [Edit 16.10 CET: Actually, I just got word that the timer has been increased on fortresses and keeps, too, so we no longer restore loot bags if players are unable to loot them due to the timer running out]

Please note that when we receive a reimburse appeal, there's several factors - which wouldn't be suitable to disclose publicly - we take into consideration and so it's not always possible to answer these policy issues with a yes or no.

That said, we recognize that a greater transparency is needed for our policies and this is a core issue CS and CM are working on to improve, as well as devise more effective methods of ensuring that we're all on the same page.

-Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom