TV New Dr Who

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Rofl Edmond, I really didn't think of that, but spot on :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I laughed my ass off watching this week's Dr. Who. The stupidity factor was glorious. Anyone else notice how like Monty Python some of it was?

I was nearly crying laughing watching the Doc taking a big stick to beat off the old woman that had climbed up on top of the porch and was trying to climb in the upstairs window.

The idea of the old folks chasing them pushing along their zimmer frames was proper comedy.

Toby Jones was brilliant but then he generally is.

Grits

Fledgling Freddie
I love Dr Who but most Americans have never heard of it. In the early 90s I lived in St Louis and the local Public Broadcasting station played Dr Who episodes on Sunday nights. There were no new ones in production so they started at the first episode in '63 and went forward. I got to see every episode up to '89 with Sylvester McCoy. I've not seen this newest Doctor, but I thought the recent '05-'10 shows have been good, better production than the old ones but still keeping some of the cheezy props and feel of the original. I'm looking forward to seeing the new shows.

Just for fun, who is your favorite Doctor and assistant?

My favorite Doctor is by far Tom Baker, the 4th Doctor.

I'm torn between Romana II (Lalla Ward) and Peri Brown (Nicola Bryant) for assistant but there were so many other good ones. If forced, I guess Peri would get the nod because unless I missed one I think she had the biggest tits of any assistant. :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just for fun, who is your favorite Doctor and assistant?

My favorite Doctor is by far Tom Baker, the 4th Doctor.

I pretty much think this is the "stock" answer for most Brits, even if they've not seen him.

Trouble is - it's also the right answer. He was fucking ace :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doc: Jon Pertwee.
Ass: Dunno. Most of them are just irritating foils for the doctor.

Yeah. I'd like no assistant for a while. It'd be a lot harder to write but watching the Doctor kick ass on his own for a bit would be a hoot :)

SWtarget

Fledgling Freddie
In the early 90s I lived in St Louis and the local Public Broadcasting station played Dr Who episodes on Sunday nights.
I grew up 30 miles from St. Louis. :power: Saw quite a few of the Dr. Who episodes on channel 9. My younger brother was a fan of Red Dwarf when they played that for a while. Come to think of it, that is also where we were "exposed" to Monty Python's Flying Circus (which my mother hated). I guess the programmers at KETC like Brit shows.

I get the new Who on BBC America. Can't say I'm liking the new season as much -- My recollection is that the Doctor's personality changed with each regeneration, and this guy is too similar to Tennet for my taste. IMO they would have done better by letting him do his own thing rather than try to play the same doctor with a different face.

Grits

Fledgling Freddie
I actually lived in Edwardsville and went to SIUE. My sister still lives there, and I was just up there two weeks ago. I was there '91-'96 and watched the Doctor, Red Dwarf and Python on KETC. I think I saw the entire '63-'89 series twice over that time.

SWtarget

Fledgling Freddie
I actually lived in Edwardsville and went to SIUE. My sister still lives there, and I was just up there two weeks ago. I was there '91-'96 and watched the Doctor, Red Dwarf and Python on KETC. I think I saw the entire '63-'89 series twice over that time.
Small intardsnet . . . Currently living in Glen Carbon. Next time you're in the area, drop me a PM (at board of your choice) and I'll buy you a beer at where ever you call your favorite hotspot. :cheers:

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Im really liking Matt Smith if he keeps getting better like he is then i can see him being my favourite

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The one on Saturday was shit again. I feel sorry for Matt Smith as I think he is a good doctor, the stories is just utter wank though.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I dunno i quite enjoyed it. It was a nice break from too much flying around in space

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The one on Saturday was shit again. I feel sorry for Matt Smith as I think he is a good doctor, the stories is just utter wank though.

I know it wouldn't do for everyone to be the same but gosh you have some odd taste. Story was very good, and it was played out very well by the actors.

Oh and best doctor: Has to be Sir Tom of Baker
Best assistant: Peri, but new one is growing on me. My ex had the hots for Peri though, which will always give her extra bonus points ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Personally I'd say David Tennant and Billie Piper, and thats from someone who's old enough to have watched this program since the early days. I think I watched some with Patrick Troughton in, though I may of course just be imagining it. Certainly Jon Pertwee was the Dr Who when I used to watch it as a kid. I used to buy those books and read them too :)

I just googled them, they looked like this - here.

About 1973-74 judging from that. Happy days :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Mcoy and then Tennant, with Billie Piper the best totty until the bint we have now :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Mcoy and then Tennant, with Billie Piper the best totty until the bint we have now :)

Billie fucking Piper ?? Fitter than Nicola Bryant ?? Have you seen the bit where Peter Davison is regenerating into Colin Baker ??? The jugs !

THE JUGS !!!!!!!!!!!

*explode*

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Awww. You make me feel young throddy. I was 0-1 years of age then :)

I think I'm going a bit reminiscent, my last posts were about seeing Black Sabbath in 1980 and reading Dr Who books aged 10 in 1974 ...

Chet yeah maybe the new one will beat Billie Piper, early days yet though :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I thought Billie Piper was a horrible horrible chav :(

Grits

Fledgling Freddie
Do they not replay the older series over there? I assumed they would show older episodes, but it sounds like they do not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We only really get the newer old episodes these days. In saying that though, we have so many channels (getting close to 500 channels of utter shit) its easy to miss something so they may well be on now and again.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Do they not replay the older series over there? I assumed they would show older episodes, but it sounds like they do not.

Yep, there are quite a few channels that show older episodes. Think syfy are showing the at the moment. They started from the beginning, showing a episode everyday.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thought the new episode was alright, not kickass as new theme animation, but still alright for a post twoparter.

Though;

The guy hanging about was alright, until this episode. When she was kind of forced to choose, the guy simply wouldn't have had a chance. Too much of a plonker for the kind of doctor vs someone else comparison. Now if it was someone like Harkness, or awesome from Chuck, then it would be a choice. Now it just seemed like a forced ""oh no you cut your ponytail!" thing.

Evil side of Doctor was fun especially after realising it. Second watching makes it even more fun, just for the doc vs doc thing.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valeyard = this has been done already tbh

Grits

Fledgling Freddie
On reflection I guess I should have been more specific with my question. When I asked who your favorite companion/assistant was I really was asking "who do you think is the hottest?". If you are talking about how the character works with their Doctor, I think Romana II is the best, but I really liked Capt Jack Harkness too. Adric was far and away my least favorite companion, he was horrible. I actually was never that impressed with Rose, and liked Martha better. Peri is all by herself in the "hottest" contest though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom