TV New Dr Who

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It does and it doesn't. While it's clever, I really don't give a shit about this doctor and still care more about Ecclestone. Go figure?

I like the clevererness of it and yep, I still miss Ecclestone.

However, I kind of like Matt Smith. And wish he had a fez. :)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
I think river song is Captain Jack.

We all no he has access to timetravel, knows how the tardis works, and does indeed love the Dr.

Just my theory anyway.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
dont think it was ever really confirmed altho it was hinted at strongly wonder when we will see her and whether it will be this river song or a younger version of her ie someone else

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dr Who Wiki said:
The episode features the surprise revelation that Jack was once known as the Face of Boe, suggesting that the character encountered in DW: The End of the World, New Earth and Gridlock is in fact a future version of Jack Harkness. Writer Russell T Davies reportedly tried to backpedal from this in the DVD commentary, leading to speculation as to whether this is actually the case. However multiple interviews on DVD and in other media by producer Julie Gardner and actors David Tennant and John Barrowman have all indicated without ambiguity that Jack is destined to become the Face of Boe. According to Gardner during a panel presentation at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con, Barrowman wasn't aware of the revelation until fairly late in production.
From here

itcheh

Part of the furniture
What about the ending of season 3 when The Master dies and The Doctor burns his body and later you see a female hand pick up The Master's ring from the ashes ... was that aspect ever picked up again in future stories (I can't remember)

It's possible that the reboot has changed all sorted of things in the time line ...

... is River Song The Master?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What about the ending of season 3 when The Master dies and The Doctor burns his body and later you see a female hand pick up The Master's ring from the ashes ... was that aspect ever picked up again in future stories (I can't remember)

It's possible that the reboot has changed all sorted of things in the time line ...

... is River Song The Master?

That was Saxon's Missus. They dealt with that the following season.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
was hoping there woulda been a much darker/physcotic cpt jack in this series especialy after he kills his own grand kid in children of the earth. they never did really explain why the tardis was shit scared of cpt jack

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I thought that was because he was dead, and had been brought back to life outside of the "rules" by Rose when she was full of tardis power.

so the tardis rejected him as some sort of anomaly?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you the white wolf thing? after that the dr mentions to rose or someone the the tardis is scared of jack and and shoots off as far is it can away from him

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
maybe its homophobic? doesnt want capt jack comming inside of it?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
However, I kind of like Matt Smith. And wish he had a fez. :)

fezzescool.jpg
riversongfez.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Good ending, nicely written season too, all kind of works even if it's not an epic arc of neverbeforeseen proportions. Then again you have to save that for when the Doc and Song get hitched.

Song is most likely the last person to see the doc alive(personal guess), and by all accounts of the library, one to know his real name due to A; getting married B; havig sexors or C; dying breath. Well, the doc said it only happens due to one reason.

Ironic would be if Song would hitch up with the current doctor, since she said that Tennant looked "So young!". Afterall, Tennant does look older then this fella.

Still, all things considered, we have a backup tennant in an alternate universe and the doctors daughter to wait for. Hoping for the daughter to show up some time.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Wah.

As much as some of this series had some sucky bits, dodgy logic, plot holes bigger than the inside of the tardis and was a bit too glib at times, its been good fun.

I just realised that with no Dr. Who on tonight, one of the few things the whole family watches is gone. The teatime shared square-eyes experience won't be there, its back to the usual rubbish light entertainment that dominates Saturday which nobody here watches.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
likewise roo theres nothing on tonite we will sit down and watch together was a good season wish there had been more offworld adventure tho

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Good ending, nicely written season too, all kind of works even if it's not an epic arc of neverbeforeseen proportions. Then again you have to save that for when the Doc and Song get hitched.

Song is most likely the last person to see the doc alive(personal guess), and by all accounts of the library, one to know his real name due to A; getting married B; havig sexors or C; dying breath. Well, the doc said it only happens due to one reason.

Ironic would be if Song would hitch up with the current doctor, since she said that Tennant looked "So young!". Afterall, Tennant does look older then this fella.

Still, all things considered, we have a backup tennant in an alternate universe and the doctors daughter to wait for. Hoping for the daughter to show up some time.

The young thing i think she didnt mean phyisical features more the fact she could tell he was still young. Smith may look younger in appearance but he is older

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The young thing i think she didnt mean phyisical features more the fact she could tell he was still young. Smith may look younger in appearance but he is older

Well, not much, so if he's 905 or 908 shouldn't be that much of a leap.

Unless ofcourse she does live with the doc until the end(by some mean) and the "so young" comment was a comparison to the future(200+ years) doc.

This would ofcourse mean that River lives a good while.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Cos shes a timelord!!!!!!

If she is, I would have said Timelady. Except that she's no lady. Which is also what I like about her :D

And I guess Timelady sounds a bit too much like Tea lady.

If she regenerates, she'd probably look like this:

mrsdoyle.jpg

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I'm fairly certain, from all the hints dropped, that River kills the Dr. at some point in the future. I reckon that is why she was put in jail. Hope I'm wrong though, or it is waaaay in the future. :(

RB

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just cos she kills the doctor doesnt mean its the end of the doctor

russell

FH is my second home
It will NEVER be the end of the Dr -he is a giant cash cow;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom