TV New Dr Who

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Dont forget that Dr Who starts again tonight on BBC1 at 6.20, with the new doctor

Have heard and seen some interviews with him over the last few weeks and he (Matt Smaith) seems a likeable kinda guy

We shall see.....

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'll be signing into this one today, might as well see if it's worth watching,or avoiding. He's got a lot of bad press from people, but he could be good :)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
He seemed a little posh on Johnny Woss the other week.. not sure what to make of him yet...

Edmond

Why do they keep changing the bloody theme tune,,,,,,,

.....but, yeah he'll do

Thought it was good, slow though, it needs to pick up the pace a little

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
badpoints: title music is hideous

goodpoints: rest was a lot better than I expected tbh, quite enjoyed it and my little 9 year old lad didnt say a word for a whole hour, which is a big thumbs up from him.

Edmond

oh yeah forgot to mention that, she's very hot

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
still not convinced by the new doctor but the assistant gets 2 thumbs up (and maybe a couple of fingers ;) ) and the new series looks quite good too.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Rather enjoyed this. Hokum-tastic.

The new theme is indeed rather dreadful though the new titles themselves are neat.

I thought the new chap was rather good as the doc.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It wasn't bad, it was not great, but it was a good introduction episode. Think this doctor and especially his assistant will work out fine.

rynnor

Rockhound
Not great - compare and contrast that episode to 'Rose' first episode after the restart which also introduced a new doctor + companion and you'll see the gulf between them.

By comparison this episode was slow paced and kinda lacking in plot and twists - hopefully it will get a lot better.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i think he needs a couple more episodes to find his feet

Moffat is determined to be out with the old and in with the new, new theme tune, Tardis even a new sonic screwdriver

Was good to see some familiar things up and coming at the end

River Song is back looking forward to that, silence in the library and forest of the dead are up there as my fave episodes. The angels back too and some others

Not a fan of the new outfit

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not sure I can face watching it, really don't like the posh lad they have given the role to. Seems to me they picked the cheapest option so that the budget cuts would be less telling on-screen, cheap young actor who costs 1/4 of what David Tennant was on means alot less pressure on the producers to stretch the budget. For that reason don't expect to see any old faces from the previous 4 seasons until the economy picks up, this is Doctor Who for the recession era. :p

-J-

Loyal Freddie
karengillan.png

Nuff said TBFH!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not sure I can face watching it, really don't like the posh lad they have given the role to. Seems to me they picked the cheapest option so that the budget cuts would be less telling on-screen, cheap young actor who costs 1/4 of what David Tennant was on means alot less pressure on the producers to stretch the budget. For that reason don't expect to see any old faces from the previous 4 seasons until the economy picks up, this is Doctor Who for the recession era. :p

I think they've already openly stated there will be no previous characters returning for this series.

You do realise Papa Cho talking about budget in Dr. Who is somewhat ironic, given that for several decades it was one of the cheapest-looking sci fi shows in the world :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Excellent. The new music will take some getting used to but that was so much better than I had anticipated!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
For that reason don't expect to see any old faces from the previous 4 seasons until the economy picks up, this is Doctor Who for the recession era. :p

did you watch the trailer at the end? there were old faces

Yaka

Part of the furniture
thought it was preety good and the new doc is gonna work out fine. as for the old faces think only cpt jack would be needed the rest were getting boring.

cant remeber where i read but they are working on yank dr who, sadly

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
did you watch the trailer at the end? there were old faces

Not only were there old faces but there several guest stars who i'm guessing wouldn't have been nearly as cheap to hire as some random actor who could've done the role just as easily. But of course they're trying to be as cheap as possible...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The trailer had what looked like Spitfires dogfighting in space.

Truely, I won't miss that for the world. Proper eccentric :D

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I MISSED IT >.<

stupid bloody kids programs grrrrrrrrrrrr

Yaka

Part of the furniture
iplayer f00, its what makes paying the licence fee totaly worth it

Edmond

The new Tardis console

mainimage.jpg