TV New Dr Who

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The guy hanging about was alright, until this episode. When she was kind of forced to choose, the guy simply wouldn't have had a chance. Too much of a plonker for the kind of doctor vs someone else comparison. Now if it was someone like Harkness, or awesome from Chuck, then it would be a choice. Now it just seemed like a forced ""oh no you cut your ponytail!" thing.

Sometimes women love weird men. It does happen my cynical friend!

Oh. But...

Fuck it, you're right, she'd sit on the doctors boner and travel through time! :D

:)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
"nose....ive had worse"

"fingers lots of fingers!"

Love it :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If anything it shows you that the personality of the last three doctors is practically identical :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If anything it shows you that the personality of the last three doctors is practically identical :(

Yeah that is a shame, even if the persona works, some variation would be fun.

There is an ounce of variation, but nothing to set them apart besdes Tennant owning the persona 100%.

Smith is a bit different, mostly due to seeming a bit more suicidal and not so..well..smart :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Yeah that is a shame, even if the persona works, some variation would be fun.

There is an ounce of variation, but nothing to set them apart besdes Tennant owning the persona 100%.

Smith is a bit different, mostly due to seeming a bit more suicidal and not so..well..smart :p

I really like Smith, he seems alot more unstable. Tennant was brilliant towards the end when he knew he was going to die he started getting all whiney and going against his own rules.

Smith really does dance on the border between genius and mad man

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I don't actually see much genius in Smith. Doesn't it seem like Amy solves more stuff than he does?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't actually see much genius in Smith. Doesn't it seem like Amy solves more stuff than he does?

Yeah. Smith keeps on going on about his stupid brain not working. It's a long long time since I've thought "that's clever" about anything in Dr Who :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I think I still like Eccleston of the 3 new ones.

And it's Tom Baker for me for all time Doctor, probably because he was the Doctor I grew up with.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
agree on eccleston, wish he did a couple more series

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I used to really like tennant, but after watching a tennant episode last night his constant crazy eye expression started to annoy me.

I didnt really notice that until Matt Smith came along.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I still like Eccleston as well. Tennant is good but he had much longer in the role.

Gray

FH is my second home
Does anyone know the theme/song in the current Dr Who which is used during like special events where the Doctor is going to save the world?

The last i remember it was when he was driving the van in the last episode just before it got to the house with the oldies attacking it.

It started at about the 31-32nd minute mark if you check it on iPlayer.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yup, of the new doctors Ecclestone was definately the best. He pretty much set the template for the other two to follow.

But Mr Baker ftw :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
what! tennant was miles better than eccleston he just had shit scripts half the time

but i do agree i think baker is tops not my fav but hes in my top 3 :) would love the theme tune (tenant era) but cant find it anywhere to dl anyone know anywhere?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Another vote for Eccleston being very very good, he made the new Dr Who brilliant, and paved the way for Tennant and Smith.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I usually like him but I didn't like Eccleston in this role. He just seemed to me like he was trying too hard. Although a bit pop-eyed at times, I thought Tennant seemed more natural.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
his dr was less eccentric than all the others, but tis was deffo best one of the current lot

Yaka

Part of the furniture
there will be very few off planet eps, they announced a couple of series ago that they were too expensive. when the beeb gotta make cuts it seems the better shows get hit than shit like eastbenders and anything with clebs making an arse of themselves or somat fronted by **** face norton

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
there will be very few off planet eps, they announced a couple of series ago that they were too expensive. when the beeb gotta make cuts it seems the better shows get hit than shit like eastbenders and anything with clebs making an arse of themselves or somat fronted by **** face norton

Well last episode(or the two) were funnily enough like an off-world thing.

Loved the ending, how they build up to it and if it happens will surely make for an interesting story.

I've realised how one can easily adjust to the new doctor(if having problems);

He's like those shows about indiana jones junior etc. Kinda like a Doctor Who Junior. To me atleast it made the doctor seem more like doctor, even if i adjusted to the new guy rather quickly anyway.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Thought this one was pretty lame too, but at least we got rid of that ****.

Then again, what are the chances they'll find a way to bring him back?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was more interested in the fragment tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Two hours of shit, lazy scripting just to set up Rory's death and continue the crack storyline? Pathetic.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Woah Chet, spoilers. I've not watched it yet

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Very mixed bag. I expect cheese from Dr. Who but I expect it to also be tasty.

The tardis fragment was ace. I spoted the St. John's Ambulence thing as soon as the camera showed the exterior but I wasn't expecting the fragment to be what looks like part of the original tardis.

Most of the rest of the 2-parter was pretty much dull formula stuff. The reptillian design was good but overall the writing was extremely weak. Its like they had one great idea, got excited about it, then forgot they needed to make the rest of it good too.

I don't mind the greater story arc being tacked on the end but they could at least have done it with a little more aplomb. I mean, seriously - how many episodes is that which chug along completely independantly of the plot arc so far and then you get a wee bit of it at the end which has nothing to do with the entire episode?

Better writing needed or this type of episode will be the deathknell for the 'new' Doctor Who series. There will be sure to be another series after this based on its popularity but thats going to drop like a rock unless they pick up the quality in a big way.

Its rocketing toward that worst of abysses: It was boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom