Midgard bugs me

private

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure this isn't a case of laziness and not greed? :

"Oooo, you've been in deep volcanus every day for the last 4 days trying to get those all elusive shades and mad tales scrolls? and wow 2 x shades 3 dropped then you should use one and sell the other for no more than 2p to help your realm mates"

"What? of course I can't be bothered farming DF seals for a few hours to earn some money, I'm much too busy!"

Private
The Devil's Advocate

Sigurd

Banned
Zebolt said:
So if I put down 40 hours farming deep volcanus and get a lucky roll for once and get that regarding shades 3of3 scroll, I should sell if for say 10p instead of 20-25p when it only takes say 20 hours to farm 10p? What's the justice in that?

I'm talking about people who go on a raid, win an item they can't use (on any raid I run you can only roll if you both need and can use the item, unless it's junk) then sell it for stupid prices on their CMs. But, in general, I've noticed that Euro players are uptight, arrogant and elitist compare to their american counterparts, who are just plain stupid.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
No items are overpriced if they sell, thats it... Its all down to supply and demand as many have said here.
Its like the freemarked out in the real world, if it takes 100 hours to get an item, the item will ofc be very expensive. If it takes 100 ppl to get an item, the 100 ppl will roll for it and it will ofc also be very expensive, simple as that.
If we were considering to lower the prices to benefit the realm, we would end up with no arties on the CM's, coz ppl wouldn't spent their time trying to get them but farming cash to buy them.
Dont whine at prices, just dont buy it, and spent the 100 hours yourself and get the item.
The whole idea with artifacts is that they are personal. You get them youself or with help from others. You activate them and you level them and they cant be traded when they are activated. Why else should you need the encounter for the artifacts? If you are trying to take a short cut and buy the artifact, ofc it will be expensive coz the seller has done half the job for you.
It's not up to us to solve it, we cant. Mythic should have solved it long ago when they introduced petspammers and so far they havent done much. Maybe they should never have introduced them in the first place, instead they just nerf if afterwards. But then again its typical.
Regarding raids. If you dont like the rules for a FFA raid dont attend, simple as that. Or make your own raid and then you can make your own rules.
If you dont like FFA raids get your guildies to help your, and ofc in return help them whenever they need it.

/megs

Gaino

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
Seems to be greed before need. Was on a hunt a while back, knew of a char that really wanted a weapon that dropped, and only he and another player rolled for it and the other player won, and 5 min later it was up on the cm. At a really steep price.

hate it when fellow midgardians (or whatever) roll for things they dont need themself but just for selling when others actually want/need it for a char... stupid selfishness imo... shame on ya that does it go sleep with ya mom or summin...

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Rules of a raid are announced before the raid by the raid leader. This is done so people can decide to join or not. When/if one joins the raid, one automatically aggrees with the rules being set by the raid-leader. Nagging afterwards is mostly done by people that didn't win anything during the lotto, were afk during the raid, or nag about anything all the time anyway...

Prices of items on cm's... well, if I put up a scroll for sale at a price of 400p, it won't sell now, will it. It's a buyer's market, meaning the buyers make the price. Again, most people that nag/whine about the prices on merchants are the people that haven't got the money to pay for the items in the first place, always want everything for free, all the time, or nag about anything all the time anyway...

If I join a raid, I'm actively playing in it, so fighting, killing, die-ing included, not being AFK for extremely longer periods. That means I deserve any drop that ends up on the lotto afterwards. If I can use it on one of my many characters, or sell it for a good price (so I can buy another item I need more with the money I got from the sale...) is my own business and, when in compliance with the rules of the raid attended, nobody else's business...

Personally I think the amount of whining on Midgard/Prydwen lately correlates directly to the amount of Albions that moved from Albion to our pretty realm. But that is purely my personal opinion ofcourse, although having an opinion these days often results in being flamed by not so respectful people, who like to think their own opinion is gospel and don't tolerate any other, let alone have a grown-up discussion about them... Wasn't it written somewhere that the minimum age for playing this game is 18 years???

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
This whole overprized thing is going on in all realms its not just in middie land, for a while it was the same in Alb, but prizes are slowly dropping due to demand not being so high anymore, so maybe it will start to get cheaper being an smelly middie soon, but remember to get prizes to drop you have to go against the waves and make some cheap sales on your CM forcing the expensive ones to drop their prices also :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
I've noticed that Euro players are uptight, arrogant and elitist
Ah that explains why you live in Europe ;)

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Lets say you go farming in ML7 dungeon. You take your fg there and happily farm away for 6hours. Shades of the mist 3/3 and 2/3 drop on the raid. But as it happens you already have the 3/3 and only need 2/3 for activation. Wouldnt you just love it if you cant even roll for the som3 ?

Does it make you a selfish f**k if you want something for your 6hours you just spent ?

About hib/alb prize compared to mid ones ... if you can make the encounter youself +bb in others and need a fg or so in mid ... the price will be higher.
Personally I have done things like GoV 20times and always rolled sucky. Took me 10 times to do malice to get it. Thats just too bad.

FFA raid rules are great to get people on the raids and everyone has a change to win something in the end.

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Would rather say you're a selfish fucktard if you expect ppl to sell the stuff they've put lot of energy into getting for peanuts just to please you.

Sigurd

Banned
Animus said:
Go back to playing hib.

I still play hib... fucktard. Some of us are capable of playing more than one character :rolleyes:

And zebolt, don't worry I'm moving out of Europe as soon as possible. Not to america though, I'd prefer to live in a country where the average IQ is higher than room temperature.

Sigurd

Banned
Animus said:
Stay on hib.

Nah I think I'll do what I want tbh. I levelled my skald because they're the best tanks in NF, and I'll be playing him often once NF comes out here :)

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Nah I think I'll do what I want tbh. I levelled my skald because they're the best tanks in NF, and I'll be playing him often once NF comes out here :)

OMG LOL you make me laugh :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:

rly meight? :D

Laseria

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:

Sigurd said:
don't worry I'm moving out of Europe as soon as possible. Not to america though, I'd prefer to live in a country where the average IQ is higher than room temperature.

Am I the only one who see something wrong in these 2 quotes? Kinda speaks for itself :p

Regarding the price problem, there really isnt a problem after all. Yes the prices are high, but this isnt just on 1 or 2 items, this si all around, and when you see a ring you need in template selling for 15P, you get upset or sad. However then you attend a group raid in ML7 or ML9, and end up having a Mad Tales 2/3 or 3/3 or Regarding Shades 3/3, and suddently you have plenty of cash for the ring.....so my point is, our prices are higher, but the difference between items arent higher then hib or alb, and I know this after spending 2 years in hib excal ( THE farming/plvling server ). The same ring might only cost 3 P there, but the scroll you just got 15P for in mid/pryd, will only sell for 4-5 P there, so if you put 2 and 2 together, the problem isnt that big.

Regarding the rolling for not used items on the server. Well everyone who participate on my raids are allowed to roll for wotever item they want. This isnt because I prefer greed over need, however the person who ran right behind the person who was dying to get the item, did as much work as the next, so why should he say "I just joined erenys for ML xp, so it's ok for you to get one of the hardest arties to farm ingame, cuz I dont need it in template". Well, I say no.....call me selfish or wotever, but this is just not how FFA raids work. If you make a farming raid for certain items, it's up to the raid leader to call the shots pre raid, and where 1 person only might need an expensive scroll to complete template, another might need cash to finish his. Have anyone ever tried to think about it like that? It is so easy to point fingers at people, and call everyone greedy. However lets take this scenario: A player just dinged 50 on his first character on the server, he had about 2P from the rog drops and cash he's gathered during his lvling to 50. He is about to start on toa, and joins ML raids/farming sessions. He knows buying the items is out of the question. Now answer me this, isnt the most selfish act to tell this person to FO at a lotto, because his character couldnt use the drop, when the player who WANTED the item might be doing toa on his 3rd of 4th char? Why should this poor guy not be given a helping hand in gathering some cash, to he can: 1. buy items he finds good for his char? 2. Get the player crafted armor/weapons he needs. 3. Get this armor/weapons SC'ed. 4. Get alchemist stuff on these items too. This is not farmable, so you simple need cash to cover these things.

Anyway, thread got WAAAY too long, but I cant seem to stop when I start ;)

Hope you got the point, we aren't that bad, and some ppl should think about all perspectives, before flaming others about greed.

/joru :fluffle:

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Frust said:
Well most ppl i know rather sell something for 20p then 5p...

Imo its not the ppl setting the prices thats stupid, its the ppl who buys the scrolls/artis for that ammount of cash thats doing the harm.
Anyways, if more ppl were doing scroll-, artifarming the prices would be lower.
Its just a bad circle, you can blame ppl for setting high prices, blame ppl who buy them or ppl who dont farm them.

Not every1 has time to farm em, I think i never farmed a scroll unless i found them by coincidence. If u only have 3-4 hours of time each evening, and then u have to split that up in social time, and playing doac, then splitting up doac time for hours of scroll farming, their are better things to do than that. Ppl that go to dragon raids get cash pretty easely, i myself had 15 p in 14 days by that. Ppl just need to stop naging bout prices. Its that high because it is. SOme shops in rl are more expensive than others. If u still want it ure gone buy it, u dont care how high it it in the end, cause ure happy u got the thing u badly wanted..

Sigurd

Banned
Laseria said:
Am I the only one who see something wrong in these 2 quotes? Kinda speaks for itself :p

Played NF? Skalds are the best tanks because: they're the most group orientated tanks, and most groups have quickly realized that tanks are crap in NF. My BM has gone from getting a group within a minute or two pre-NF, to grouping only with friends in NF. Skalds get AM which heals those casters and archers you'll be grouped with, AoTG should you feel like soloing (speed also helps here too, no porting to other realms any more remember) instas to counter range somewhat, which, coupled with speed means you might even kill an archer... and SoS if you're good at dodging speed warps. Thanes are also viable, and anything with TWF - easily the most overpowered RA in NF - but Skalds have the utility. Oh is this off topic? I'm terribly sorry.

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or....

Sigurd = Midgards version of Balbor? :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Gizor said:
Is it just me or....

Sigurd = Midgards version of Balbor? :p

sigurd = the grown up version of thugs, slightly less boastful, but proclaims he knows it all :D

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Played NF? Skalds are the best tanks because: they're the most group orientated tanks, and most groups have quickly realized that tanks are crap in NF.

Can everyone plz stop calling Skalds tanks? They dont use shields and if they have high parry you screwed up.. so with evade 1 and mabye 10parry... tank? no.
And yes i know they can use a shield.. but there is a big diffrence sitting in a airplane and driveing it imo!

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Sigurd said:
Not to america though, I'd prefer to live in a country where the average IQ is higher than room temperature.

Poor Sigurd is moving to Antartica

Ucallme

Banned
Some of the above has nothing to do with the main post so please keep on topic and nothing else...

Amphrax

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Personally I try to sell any scrolls i farm at half the price they are on cms they go faster that way and don't sit gathering dust in a vault. But its only a matter of time before all prices come down. Remember how expensive the TG drops were? They now are farmed regularly and are cheap as chips. Crafted stuff as well is dropping in price and are no longer selling for 50 times the cost of materials. Rare items will always be expensive but they too will drop in price as time goes on.

Sigurd

Banned
Otho said:
Poor Sigurd is moving to Antartica

A fleeting visit, to remove you from this plane of existence.

Kedoz said:
Can everyone plz stop calling Skalds tanks? They dont use shields and if they have high parry you screwed up.. so with evade 1 and mabye 10parry... tank? no.
And yes i know they can use a shield.. but there is a big diffrence sitting in a airplane and driveing it imo!

They are tanks, deal with it. What did you think they were? Healers?

private

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
and are cheap as chips.
Gussy, I'm going to slap you for even thinking about the buffonted orange one.

Sigurd said:
Most Mid/Prydwen players are selfish ****
Sigurd said:
But, in general, I've noticed that Euro players are uptight, arrogant and elitist compare to their american counterparts, who are just plain stupid.
Sigurd said:
don't worry I'm moving out of Europe as soon as possible. Not to america though, I'd prefer to live in a country where the average IQ is higher than room temperature
You have an inferiority complex right? Please come to England I would like to see you on Trisha - this stuff is good.

Private
The Devil's Advocate

Sigurd

Banned
private said:
You have an inferiority complex right? Please come to England I would like to see you on Trisha - this stuff is good.

Private
The Devil's Advocate

Sadly, I'm already here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom