Midgard bugs me

Ucallme

Banned
I rarely moan about things on midgard but this is really bugging me...

Im sure more people feel the same way

im kinda fed up with people putting way over the top prices on Drops/Items etc...

e.g.
Guard of Valor (30p+)
Feathered Wrap (35p+)
ToA scrolls (silly prices)
Artifact prices (stupid)

Do people really need the cash on this server?

Imo we should be helping fello Realm mates.

lots more to type but i cant be arsed now. You guys know the topic so lets see what you got to say about this.

Amphrax

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Ucallme said:
I rarely moan about things on midgard but this is really bugging me...

Im sure more people feel the same way

im kinda fed up with people putting way over the top prices on Drops/Items etc...

e.g.
Guard of Valor (30p+)
Feathered Wrap (35p+)
ToA scrolls (silly prices)
Artifact prices (stupid)

Do people really need the cash on this server?

Imo we should be helping fello Realm mates.

lots more to type but i cant be arsed now. You guys know the topic so lets see what you got to say about this.

Amphrax

Yea mid is overpriced on everything, but that is coz mids cant pay for it :( mids prolly is the richest realm imo, so ppl put up those prices coz sooner or l8r some1 will buy it for that summ.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
if there is only few for sale? they say prizes.
more there is these artifascts on market? lower prizes go.

dont support farming/camping but when we need 1fg+ to get some art and same time albs/hibs farming solo whit bott these arts-> alott more on marchets? offcourse we pay higher prizes.

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Well most ppl i know rather sell something for 20p then 5p...

Imo its not the ppl setting the prices thats stupid, its the ppl who buys the scrolls/artis for that ammount of cash thats doing the harm.
Anyways, if more ppl were doing scroll-, artifarming the prices would be lower.
Its just a bad circle, you can blame ppl for setting high prices, blame ppl who buy them or ppl who dont farm them.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Imo it spells greed. Ive seen items on Hibernia/Excalibur thats quite rare yet those prices are alot less than here on Midgard/Prydwen. (talking ToA-things since they are the same/similiar)

D0ttve

Fledgling Freddie
it is b/c we dont have animists in midguard..

but how alb make it.. i have no idea!.. :sex:

leviathane

Part of the furniture
eliteness, you'll all catch up some day ;) (cept you Amphrax) :D

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Imo it spells greed. Ive seen items on Hibernia/Excalibur thats quite rare yet those prices are alot less than here on Midgard/Prydwen. (talking ToA-things since they are the same/similiar)
Like Dottve said, it spells "Shroooooooooms"!!!

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Totally agree with the poster (even tho' he's a gimp ;) ). Mid/Pryd is way over-priced. Anyone defending the practice... shame on you :kissit:

Krago, 50 Healer, ML2
Markan, 50 Warrior, ML4
Sleekit, 50 Shadowblade, ML6
Menno, 50 Shaman, ML6
Sneka, LGM Tailor
Sermun, LGM Spellcrafter
Amavan, LGM Alchemist

Officer of Venom
House 1713, Erikstaad

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
D0ttve said:

eliteness, you'll all catch up some day (cept you Amphrax)

mincer + bot + sally i always thought?

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
If the prices are generally high, you can sell stuff expensive too. If you look at it as you're doing item for item trades, the prices won't differ a lot between servers.

I cant avoid getting the impression some ppl just wanna get everything they need for the cash they happen to have at the moment, and not have to put any work into it. But someone have to farm those items. They don't just pop in ppls inventories you know :)
The ppl having the cash to pay the "overprices" has put a great deal of work into getting it.

And we don't have it as easy to farm stuff as certain other realms, so we won't get more stuff in the realm than we can use. We can't log on an animist/theurgist and a bb and go slap Nelos silly a few times until we got the cloaks we want. We have to use way less effective methods.

I do agree that 30p is kinda crazy for GoV if you compare it to how easy it is to get though.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
D0ttve said:

buffed mincer pet m8 and theurg pet's

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
What everyone else inhere said, its all about supply and demand.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
think it's a bit of when you look for an item, those overpriced ones will remain on a CM for a while, the cheap ones are gone before you typed the /houseface ;)

Put some "A Love Story - 1 of 3" for 3p on my CM a while back, usually sold within an hour.

Sigurd

Banned
There is a simple answer to this. Most Mid/Prydwen players are selfish fucktards.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The item is obviusly not overpriced if someone buys it. Sure,it may be too expensive for some, but not overpriced. :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Seems to be greed before need. Was on a hunt a while back, knew of a char that really wanted a weapon that dropped, and only he and another player rolled for it and the other player won, and 5 min later it was up on the cm. At a really steep price.

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
There is a simple answer to this. Most Mid/Prydwen players are selfish fucktards.

Who are u callin fucktard? MEIGHT!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
erm think he was refering to you .. .and erm well you just proved him right

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
Its teh evul circle imo
Recently I bought a ring for 30p cause i really needed it .. and cause i have been farming it with my nice guildies for like a month and never even seen it drop. So .. after that i was totally broke and had to sell some stuff that I had hidden away in my housevault .. naturally I set the price high cause i need money if i want to buy some other uber item in the future.

aw0l

Loyal Freddie
If your looking on vendors seeing items sky high and thinking middy sucks then im prob one of the people who make you think this, but in my own defence 99 percent of the items that i have on my vendor at stupid prices are items i really want to use in final templates or i dont want to sell, for us players who have been around for ever we tend to have full and very untidy vaults. Personally what i do is put items on my vendor, such as currenty gov/ring of heavens/naxos bracer etc i have no intention of selling these for there real worth, they are for my template, but i put a price on them just in case anyone is stupid enough to buy them at 30p-40p. Also its a great way of getting good objects in a trade, for instance people will run to my house find my name and pm me offering stuff for my gov thats on there. Ive managed to obtain some really nice items this way.

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
erm think he was refering to you .. .and erm well you just proved him right

Say what? do u know me ? Have i ganked u in duel ? Are u mad at me..
Plz enligthen me dont need such stupid refferings :kissit:

Prospero

Fledgling Freddie
@aw0l: You know you can put items with no price on a CM if you really just wanted to store them there or make them open for trade negotiations, right? :D

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:

hmm this kind message give me bad taste on mouth.
i have alott different experience.

aw0l said:
If your looking on vendors seeing items sky high and thinking middy sucks then im prob one of the people who make you think this, but in my own defence 99 percent of the items that i have on my vendor at stupid prices are items i really want to use in final templates or i dont want to sell,

probably one reason
i know few guildies who use this same idea, if someone wanna pay artifact shield (example) they saving to own char ~40plat? person who buyed needed it more :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
So if I put down 40 hours farming deep volcanus and get a lucky roll for once and get that regarding shades 3of3 scroll, I should sell if for say 10p instead of 20-25p when it only takes say 20 hours to farm 10p? What's the justice in that?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Nobody makes you buy it tbh.

Yes there are selfish players in mid, just like there are in every realm.

I think I have shelled out around 15plat in getting my warrior sorted out with gear, I farm 90% of what I need myself and purchase the odd bit here and there. I ensure that guildies get help whenever I am free as they always help me out.

If you don't want to buy the artifact don't buy it - farm it for yourself, it might take longer but that's what this game has always been about. It cracks me up when people accuse you of being selfish for not doing what they want you to do.

'Squish

aw0l

Loyal Freddie
Prospero @aw0l: You know you can put items with no price on a CM if you really just wanted to store them there or make them open for trade negotiations, right?

yeh i know that, what i tried to say was its for storage but with a high price tag just in case, the idea being its storage but also if someone wants to pay this crazy price then feel free.

Ucallme

Banned
The main point for this post is... why not work as a realm and help each other, instead of being greedy.

Thats the way i think and maybe it could benefit us as a realm in future

Amphrax

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Dont have a problem with prices, as its up to the person what they sell stuff for, what i do have a problem with, is folk who camp arti's and scrolls so that they can sell them, when they know other people need them.

And the strange thing is, no one is to blame, as people only know what they see, or you are faced with " buddie i pay for this game i play it how i like ", thats fair enough if you want everyone to think you are a selfish person.

So in future, when you make a raid for the Cloud Song, instead of taking them to Green Glades, take them to the Market Explorer.

The sad truth is, is that Mid greed reflects on our RvR performance aswell, as in people dont have the arti what is cool in RvR, because the mob as been camped and its not there, and the arti is on the CM for 20 plat or what ever.

I would just like to say:

The money is not real.
The items are not real.
Whats is real, is the person behind that character who needs that item, for a good reason, and not to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom