London Underground shut down

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
They have just shut down all the Londen Underground after the power surges this morning. See BBC for details.

Lucky I am still working at home ill as I was intending to be in London today, so get to avoid the chaos that London will turn into today.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Reports of an explosion on the bbc site.

I hope everybody caught in the blast is ok.

M

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup is walking wounded, with one person life threatening injuries according to News 24.

There have been various 'explosions' across the whole network, and appears that 2 trains have collided at Edgwere road when it happened but they dont know the situation with them as no power down there so they dont even know if there are any passangers on the trains.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
ITN news is reporting a bus has been blown apart by a bomb.... hoping their sources are just getting it wrong....

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup is far serious. At least one dead on the Bus but so far no fatalities reported from the underground explosions.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Now at least 3 Bus bombs 4 underground stations have been hit. Fatalities now reported on the underground and still no word on the 2 trains at edgwere road.

All the bus bombs happened an hour after the underground was shut, no doubt to ensure the busses were packed with people :(

Poag

m00?
sounds like one bus between russell square and travistock square.

Appears three people seeing ti from 3 different points.

Poag

m00?
they just showed a picture...the bus looks liek its split in two :( at the top deck

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
this is messed up.
is it just an accident or is it the dreaded T word?

Gray

FH is my second home
All this after the voting for the Olympics as well...

The BBC site is taking somewhat of a hammering, not working for me

Poag

m00?
We've got BBC 24 on...just said fatalities on the bus....safest place to be is in a building right now.

Its gonna be becuas eof the G8.

Just watching them sending walking paramedics into a underground station with some of those fireman containment suit things.

Goverment just said theres gonna be regular updates...do not make unnecessary trips.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Its more than 4 locations.

The unions are reporting 3 buses have been hit one is at Russel Square.

4/5 Underground Stations have had explosions occur - Edgwere Road, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Aldgate and think there is another but cant remember the name.

Note BBC is not reporting the news 'live' it is delaying it as per its new proceedure in order to not report anything in a major incident which is not true.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup they are saying do not go into the center of London as it could well of not ended, especially as the last explosions are only an hour old.

Yup a new Bomb has just been reported by an eye witness on Sky this one definatly at Tavistock square, this has happened in last few minutes.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
CNN claims terrorist and because its coordinated attack it is an Al Quada attack.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
BBC24 just reported that controlled explosions are to be done around the bus incident !

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
..Its gonna be becuas eof the G8.
its too damn organised to be G8 protesters... besides the G8 is in scotland not london.. and there's a meeting of european secretary's of state in belfast today so why not bomb here?!

Nala

Fledgling Freddie
Another bomb/explosion now, on Liverpool St.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
What feed are you lot watching? I'm stuck with 1,2,3,4 and not getting much info :(

Poag

m00?
tankgirl_ni said:
Gale said:
..Its gonna be becuas eof the G8.
its too damn organised to be G8 protesters... besides the G8 is in scotland not london.. and there's a meeting of european secretary's of state in belfast today so why not bomb here?!

yeah but security so so tight in scotland they wouldn't have a chance of pulling it off..wheres the next biggest place? London

News just come from brighton trains are closed

Poag

m00?
Gale said:
yeah but security so so tight in scotland they wouldn't have a chance of pulling it off..wheres the next biggest place? London

I said wouldn't have a chance..i change that too..it would be considerably harder.

Will

/bin/su
Gale said:

The G8 protesters are far more organised that a lot of people give them credit for, but this isn't their style. If it was targeted against financial institutions and large business, maybe, but not against the public.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup this is Al Quada its a perfect example of there type of attack - spread out and timed to cause maximum deaths.

Yup Brighton and Swindon are shut.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sounds like the madrid train bombings from a few years back - it's not G8 protesters, the worst they were doing was throwing benches around.

This is far nastier people.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
The army are now arriving at the sites, looks like the disaster plan is working.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Wasnt the madrid the basque separatists?

Will

/bin/su
Brynn said:
Wasnt the madrid the basque separatists?
Madrid was initially blamed on ETA, but it wasn't. The Spanish government didn't want the bombing to be about the Iraq war a few days before the election.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Reporting at least 90 casualties at Aldgate station.

This is going to be in many hundreds :(

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Honestly. if you want to see how a bunch of ill informed people will react in a situation like this. Come to Freddys house. I'm going to go inform the government, anyone mind if i pass on this forum for 'test purposes' ?

Whats mega crazy about this is there are roughly 7 million people directly effected! that's nuts!

I speculate it was Col Mustard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom