Question Who has downloaded the nhs track and trace app?

Who has downloaded the t&t app.

• Total voters

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
not sure how to do a poll so if someone can do one it would be a better way to do it.

Edit : think i found it

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I ate out for lunch and dinner yesterday so app was used to "check in" and scan the QR code of the restaurants.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got it, not been anywhere that needs it yet but out for dinner on Thursday so I imagine I will need to check in.

I'm not sure whether it works properly yet but using it anyway. Like everyone should.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
If I lived in the UK I would use it

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just wondering as there was a lot of privacy concerns about the previous app. If generally people are more happy. Also seen any device power drain?

most of the time i don't go around with my phone anyway. Locally at least.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I cant say I have noticed my battery being drained but then I am at home most of the time these days so not too worried about that!
Was out all day yesterday and didn't think the battery was exceptionally low or anything.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Just wondering as there was a lot of privacy concerns about the previous app. If generally people are more happy. Also seen any device power drain?

most of the time i don't go around with my phone anyway. Locally at least.
Are these privacy concerns really anything more to worry about over all the data Google, Facebook etc has on us already though?

Also I haven't downloaded it yet, but only cause I've not been out anywhere to warrant in, when I go out I'll get it downloaded.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Was out for 16 hours on two long bike rides this weekend.

Only saw the girlfriend ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Was out for 16 hours on two long bike rides this weekend.

Only saw the girlfriend ;)
I not been out anywhere for 3 weeks cause i had to isolate for my operation then recovery.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Regardless of its worth, and their own admission of its serious issues.
Like...there could be a fuckin wall between you and the person infected.
Whats the 'legal' standing if you are notified, they are banding around 1000s of pounds of fines.
They say you can delete at anytime or simply disable, do you have to acknowledge an alert?
Would they try other methods to contact you, are you 'legally' obliged to acknowledge a txt or a phone call.
Will they come looking for you?

What if you are sat on a plane and you get the alert..does the whole fucking plane have to isolate because your app said you could be infected?

Are these alerts just advisory?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Regardless of its worth, and their own admission of its serious issues.
Like...there could be a fuckin wall between you and the person infected.
Whats the 'legal' standing if you are notified, they are banding around 1000s of pounds of fines.
They say you can delete at anytime or simply disable, do you have to acknowledge an alert?
Would they try other methods to contact you, are you 'legally' obliged to acknowledge a txt or a phone call.
Will they come looking for you?

What if you are sat on a plane and you get the alert..does the whole fucking plane have to isolate because your app said you could be infected?

Are these alerts just advisory?
Who gives a fuck about *any* of these questions?

If you've got an app which says you've been in contact with someone with covid - you lock yourself down, just in case.

Any other whining is just being a dick. I don't see why you're making a big deal out of it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Who gives a fuck about *any* of these questions?

If you've got an app which says you've been in contact with someone with covid - you lock yourself down, just in case.

Any other whining is just being a dick. I don't see why you're making a big deal out of it.
Which is the responsible thing to do.

no one has said the phone messages constitute a legal requirement as yet though.

If you have visited a shop the same day as someone with covid in a similar time zone i wonder what the ask would be from the app. Its not clear to me what triggers a stay at home alert. It would be helpful if that was made clearer.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Which is the responsible thing to do.

no one has said the phone messages constitute a legal requirement as yet though.

If you have visited a shop the same day as someone with covid in a similar time zone i wonder what the ask would be from the app. Its not clear to me what triggers a stay at home alert. It would be helpful if that was made clearer.

Well if you have been near someone with Covid what do you think you should do?

1. Carry on as normal going to work/the shops etc
2. Self isolate
3. Visit a Care home

Job

All I can find is the guidance for being contacted by the ordinary test trace.
The app page just tells you it alerts you and its the quickest way.
Presumably you follow this advice or the app directs you.

Part 2: if you are contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service because you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus
alert: you will be alerted by the NHS Test and Trace service if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus. The alert will usually come by text, email or phone call. You should then log on to the NHS Test and Trace website, which is normally the easiest way for you and the service to communicate with each other – but, if not, a trained call handler will talk you through what you must do. Under-18s will get a phone call and a parent or guardian will be asked to give permission for the call to continue

isolate: you will be told to begin self-isolation for 14 days from your last contact with the person who has tested positive. It’s really important to do this even if you don’t feel unwell because, if you have been infected, you could become infectious to others at any point up to 14 days. Your household doesn’t need to self-isolate with you, if you do not have symptoms, but they must take extra care to follow the guidance on social distancing and handwashing and avoid contact with you at home

test if needed: if you develop symptoms of coronavirus, other members of your household must self-isolate immediately at home for 14 days and you must get a test to check if you have coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access. If your test is positive, you must continue to stay at home for at least 10 days and we will get in touch to ask about your contacts since they must self-isolate. If your test is negative, you must still complete your 14-day self-isolation period because the virus may not be detectable yet - this is crucial to avoid unknowingly spreading the virus.

Job

So , 14 days mandatory self isolation...do not leave the house.

Er...what?

You might have been near a stranger and caught covid but you can carry on living with your family, they dont need to isolate.
Seriously?
Youre going to catch it off someone in a pub in 20 mins, but its OK to live with your family for two weeks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're willfully being an arsehole @Job.

Social distancing is pretty simple to do for 99% of people. If you're living in a house with others, keeping away from them for a couple of weeks, making sure you wash your hands and don't share surfaces without disinfecting them is straightforward and necessary - because most people don't have multiple houses to choose from.

The system doesn't have to be perfect to be worth it.

Job

There is only one absolute here.

We are just putting off the inevitable.
There will be no useful vaccine before it burns through and kills who it will kill.
We could carry having lockdowns into double digits, the virus will mutate into a slightly less lethal form, which has every chance of evading a vaccine anyway.

Two choices we save the economy and let them all die now, which I appreciate could be me.

Or..drag it out, go bankrupt and let them die slowly with the other millions who will die with them from preventable diseases over the next 10 years.

Obviously they are trying to shoehorn a third choice between them....terrible decisions to be made.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
There is only one absolute here.

We are just putting off the inevitable.
There will be no useful vaccine before it burns through and kills who it will kill.
We could carry having lockdowns into double digits, the virus will mutate into a slightly less lethal form, which has every chance of evading a vaccine anyway.

Two choices we save the economy and let them all die now, which I appreciate could be me.

Or..drag it out, go bankrupt and let them die slowly with the other millions who will die with them from preventable diseases over the next 10 years.

Obviously they are trying to shoehorn a third choice between them....terrible decisions to be made.

I think 'letting them all die' would have a drastically worse impact on the economy tbh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think 'letting them all die' would have a drastically worse impact on the economy tbh.

Hmmm, I'm not actually sure that's true. It would certainly have a drastically worse impact on the health service, and the life insurance industry would take a beating, but given the mortality profile of the disease I'm not sure it would be worse for the economy than what's happening, and is going to happen.

This isn't me condoning the idea by the way, but the price we're going to pay is a moral choice, not an economic one.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hmmm, I'm not actually sure that's true. It would certainly have a drastically worse impact on the health service, and the life insurance industry would take a beating, but given the mortality profile of the disease I'm not sure it would be worse for the economy than what's happening, and is going to happen.

This isn't me condoning the idea by the way, but the price we're going to pay is a moral choice, not an economic one.

The potential death toll if the world dismissed it is impossible to predict, but as you say, it'll have a drastically worse impact on the health service either way, and modern medicine requires resources which are limited, and if it was overwhelmed that's when the death toll would pick up.

I suppose there's the argument that it'll kill off people that'll make more jobs available, and drastically reduce our pension bill, but you're also wiping out lots of expertise and customers.

We could have a Peasants' Revolt though!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well if you have been near someone with Covid what do you think you should do?

1. Carry on as normal going to work/the shops etc
2. Self isolate
3. Visit a Care home
Its not entirely clear if thats the guidance. Is it 15 mins within 2 meters? Or i happen to be in sainsburys with someone who has it at the same time?

if its the latter then they could shut down whole shops. not saying they shouldnt. Just it isnt clear what near is. Define near.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not yet, as I've been in Scotland since it was launched. Might do if it's needed to get into places, but I'm quite happy with just leaving my name as it works now.

Considering we are separated from a house share by a <1m wall which Bluetooth can't see is in the way I'm not in any particular rush tbh. If I'm ill I'll stay at home.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its not entirely clear if thats the guidance. Is it 15 mins within 2 meters? Or i happen to be in sainsburys with someone who has it at the same time?

if its the latter then they could shut down whole shops. not saying they shouldnt. Just it isnt clear what near is. Define near.
As I understand it - if the app says "isolate" then isolate? No?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This tbh.

I don't often advocate "obey" but it's pretty clear cut in this case.
So i can understand the risk criteria and if i want to take said risk of being locked down in isolation. Unless you are happy randomly being told you have to stay i side for 2 weeks every now and then

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So i can understand the risk criteria and if i want to take said risk of being locked down in isolation. Unless you are happy randomly being told you have to stay i side for 2 weeks every now and then

Every time you leave the house (or if anyone comes to your house) you are taking that risk....
Except now you know when you have been exposed to the risk rather than being in the dark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom