Lag whine thread #232

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
current lag.

with the current state of the game -which is caused by french telecom according to goa- and the total innability of french telecom to sort out their own network, i think goa servers should be moved to an other country in order to provide us with the service we pay for while this situation lasts.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
yeah cos moving the servers to another country, getting new gms and staff, new building, network will happen overnight and cost nothing :rolleyes:

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
yes but 12 years olds dont think like that.. lol.. they think everything happens at the snap of a finger.. ahh the bliss of being so naive

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Nah, it's not lag, GOA just changed the game to round based :)
Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking when I was trying to level my GSV yesterday around 21cet. A spike every 15 seconds.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
personally turn based rpg would make rvr a hell of a lot more fun except we should have dice counter up in the top corner .

Yay i rolled a 6 i beat your 5 minstrel eat lifetap :D

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
This is unacceptable...

Well.. I for one is so damn tired about the lag, that is really killing the game...

Spent the whole f*cking weekend to try to make a ML4 raid, failing over and over again due to massive lag and massive LD.

I dont care if it is Open Transit, GOA, Mythic, NF or anyone else.. It is only affecting my ablilty to play DAoC, and I am paying GOA money to be able to play and imho it is their problem to solve our problem. I shouldnt have to take logs or write mails to Open Transit. I am not paying them anything, but most likely GOA is, and then it should be up to GOA that fix this problem.

And I really think GOA shouldnt charge us for a game that is unplayable as it is now.

Last of all I am so amazed that GOA not trying harder to fix this problem. With WoW around the corner this must hurt DAoC very much.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
yeah cos moving the servers to another country, getting new gms and staff, new building, network will happen overnight and cost nothing :rolleyes:

In this case the 12 year old actually is right....
You do not need 24/7 physical access to the servers to start with, remote management will do fine. And those GM's are not actually at Mythic working at 21:00 cet, they are at home...
What do you think happens to an online game if players have to suffer through a month of ld's and lag? The finances of moving servers to a reliable network not run by a bunch of smelly amateurs makes a lot of sense.
Regards, Glottis

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:

its not free thats true, but it really doesnt take very long.
moved around with my company lots, doesnt take long.
looking at my 4th move this april and it doesnt scare me :p

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
JackHeart said:
Well.. I for one is so damn tired about the lag, that is really killing the game...

Spent the whole f*cking weekend to try to make a ML4 raid, failing over and over again due to massive lag and massive LD.

I dont care if it is Open Transit, GOA, Mythic, NF or anyone else.. It is only affecting my ablilty to play DAoC, and I am paying GOA money to be able to play and imho it is their problem to solve our problem. I shouldnt have to take logs or write mails to Open Transit. I am not paying them anything, but most likely GOA is, and then it should be up to GOA that fix this problem.

And I really think GOA shouldnt charge us for a game that is unplayable as it is now.

Last of all I am so amazed that GOA not trying harder to fix this problem. With WoW around the corner this must hurt DAoC very much.

Agreed, I never thought about WoW before and looked more forward to Catacombs arriving to EU. but lately I have started glancing at WoW because I dont feel like paying GOA money and not be able to play daoc to its fullest extent.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
was laging every 45-60secs last two days. And I agree that s1 beside us should do sth about it. When you run a company you don't say to your customers to protest against a partner of yours. YOU alone should deal with it.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann

ML3 raid last friday failed due massive LD at 3.4

ML6 canceled from me Yesterday as raid leader even thou 3 fg ready to do it, but no point to lead a raid that will take dubbel time cause of LDs every 2 min.

When will this be fixed? I mean all we hear is that it isn't your fault if we don't live in france and have problems to connect to opentransit i france.

Agree with above poster. Some of us that are addicted to daoc are starting to get bored as you can't do shit with this lag. Even exping the old classic way and you lose exp on blue mobs cause of that you get lag every now and then. The only thing we can do right now is craft and that sounds like its worth paying a few euro each month to do....

Zern

Fledgling Freddie
The lag is getting very anoying now, I was gonna stick with DAoC,
but if it keeps lagging im gonna play WoW for sure...

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Tzan said:
was laging every 45-60secs last two days. And I agree that s1 beside us should do sth about it. When you run a company you don't say to your customers to protest against a partner of yours. YOU alone should deal with it.

careful, got flamed to hell and back for saying that in an ealier thread. some ppl insist on kissing GOAs rears

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil said:
its not free thats true, but it really doesnt take very long.
moved around with my company lots, doesnt take long.
looking at my 4th move this april and it doesnt scare me :p

small company then?
"everyone grab your pen and paper, we're moving next door!!!!" kinda thingy? :p

Gamah

Banned
I myself and gettign fed up with the lag, whatever presure your putting on OT GOA its not enough.

Bloodhunter

Banned
might be true etc but what makes you think in wow all the problems in the world will be solved ?

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Bloodhunter said:
might be true etc but what makes you think in wow all the problems in the world will be solved ?

Have some faith to Blizzard tbh. ;)

Tilda

Muylaetrix said:
with the current state of the game -which is caused by french telecom according to goa- and the total innability of french telecom to sort out their own network, i think goa servers should be moved to an other country in order to provide us with the service we pay for while this situation lasts.
In other news, the Queen is planning on emigrating to Australia and taking the monarchy with her.

:rolleyes:

Chilly

Balls of steel
muylas far from 12 yrs old, but he IS a first class whining whore :D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
In other news, the Queen is planning on emigrating to Australia and taking the monarchy with her.

Even though it´s the 10.000th thread about lag, the problem is still there and as long as it´s there, there´s no reason to ignore it or to stop bringing it into attention. Posting the same thing over and over might be boring, but there´s a reason why people are doing it. If there was no problem, people wouldn´t post, simple as that.
People need a platform to tell GoA that they´re pissed off by the current state and I`m sure GoA will take this forum as an indicator of the mood of their customer base and that´s an important thing.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jobil said:
careful, got flamed to hell and back for saying that in an ealier thread. some ppl insist on kissing GOAs rears

Actually Jobil you didn't get flamed. I made a constructive post discussing the issue. If you cant stand to be addressed in a civilised mannor then that is a problem maybe you need to deal with.

As i said many times before, GoA currently are trying to get the issued sorted, however many people like Jobil are NOT willing to aid GoA in getting issues fixed. GoA cant approach another company and say "Jump" and expect them to say "How high?" unless they got PROOF of the problem. To get this proof they needed our help and with people unwilling to do so their reactions to the problem are limited and take longer.
Now the moment that people started to give them proof they approached OT with it and eventually convinced them to look into it. Now hopefully this will be a speedy investigation however most people know that if it isnt harming your company then it not likely to do too much, too fast. However hopefully this is not the case.

Moving server location would be time consuming and it would mean that for awhile you would have NO access to the game. They just installed new servers, so they will not buy even more to place them in a new location for an instant transfer. This would mean you probably would go days or weeks without the game access while they are moved and set up in a new location. Financially feasable? not really. Likely too happen? No chance. They a company that will not increase additional costs when they hopefully can get the issue sorted out by direct contact with the problem area, which they finally were able to do just 2 days ago.

How long we had the problem? Months.
How long were GoA asking for evidence? Months.
How long ago did we start giving it to them? 3-4days ago.

No wonder they couldnt get open transit to fix the problem.

Oh and Jobil. There a difference between sucking up and supporting. GoA do an absolute SHIT job at times, however they also do a GOOD job at others. As is the way of life people speak of the problems more then anything else and are more vocal about it. I look at it from the point of view that it right to give credit if it due and there been times when it has been. I give them the benefit of the doubt for awhile before i go trying to stick a knife in their back. Believe me i have not got a infinite tether, however i am willing to give them some slack at first because everyone deserves a chance.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Lag bla bla bla, loose customers to WoW bla bla bla...

ZZZzzzz

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Nah, it's not lag, GOA just changed the game to round based :)

Actually it probably is turnbased, but you just dont see it :)

Roundbased even :)

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Actually Jobil you didn't get flamed. I made a constructive post discussing the issue. If you cant stand to be addressed in a civilised mannor then that is a problem maybe you need to deal with.

As i said many times before, GoA currently are trying to get the issued sorted, however many people like Jobil are NOT willing to aid GoA in getting issues fixed. GoA cant approach another company and say "Jump" and expect them to say "How high?" unless they got PROOF of the problem. To get this proof they needed our help and with people unwilling to do so their reactions to the problem are limited and take longer.
Now the moment that people started to give them proof they approached OT with it and eventually convinced them to look into it. Now hopefully this will be a speedy investigation however most people know that if it isnt harming your company then it not likely to do too much, too fast. However hopefully this is not the case.

Moving server location would be time consuming and it would mean that for awhile you would have NO access to the game. They just installed new servers, so they will not buy even more to place them in a new location for an instant transfer. This would mean you probably would go days or weeks without the game access while they are moved and set up in a new location. Financially feasable? not really. Likely too happen? No chance. They a company that will not increase additional costs when they hopefully can get the issue sorted out by direct contact with the problem area, which they finally were able to do just 2 days ago.

How long we had the problem? Months.
How long were GoA asking for evidence? Months.
How long ago did we start giving it to them? 3-4days ago.

No wonder they couldnt get open transit to fix the problem.

Oh and Jobil. There a difference between sucking up and supporting. GoA do an absolute SHIT job at times, however they also do a GOOD job at others. As is the way of life people speak of the problems more then anything else and are more vocal about it. I look at it from the point of view that it right to give credit if it due and there been times when it has been. I give them the benefit of the doubt for awhile before i go trying to stick a knife in their back. Believe me i have not got a infinite tether, however i am willing to give them some slack at first because everyone deserves a chance.

was in no way pointed at you Corran, you're polite. It was in a different thread. we have a difference in opinion, peace to that. i gave them the slack i feel they deserved and as a reaction to that turned off my auto renew

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah the lag is horrible.. or at least it was this weekend.

So I installed the closed EU beta of WoW again :) ... played it some this sunday on the PvP server.. and suddenly the Horde had a large raid on one of the alliances towns.. and boom I had a ping of 500ms :< ..

And omg the whines on the WoW forum are almost the same as on the DAoC forum.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Says alot about GOA that they have such a poor relationship with OpenTransit that they need (presumably all?) of their customers to confirm there is a major problem. Rather than just speaking to some guy in OT and saying, "hey you know theres a serious problem here.."

This has gone on too long, and there is still no solution even tabled. Just a patronising "send us a ping plot or this problem will NEVER EVER EVER be solved!". Please. How many pingplots do GOA need to demonstrate to OT theres a problem here? One, two? One thousand?

With WoW looming, and and unplayable daoc, GOA look doomed unless they can sort this out. Quickly.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
When I know what OT is going to do about it I'll tell you. For the moment I'm getting the 'we're looking into the problem' response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom