Threads getting locked? Isn't it getting a bit too serious?

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Not like these forums are much active anyway, i don't see the point.

Still passing by these boards now and then, even if i had to get into a Uthgard thread i would still have a nice chat with people.

Discuss

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not like these forums are much active anyway, i don't see the point.

Still passing by these boards now and then, even if i had to get into a Uthgard thread i would still have a nice chat with people.

Discuss

The forum does not promote illegal servers, it's not just me going on a power trip locking them it has been discussed with TdC and Deebs and CorNokZ

Freeshards used to get locked immediately some time back and now they will again (if you look back a few years you'll see there used to be a zero tolerance policy towards freeshards), especially now with Camelot Unchained being in development. If you have any issues feel free to take them up with the higher up mods :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The forum does not promote illegal servers, it's not just me going on a power trip locking them it has been discussed with TdC and Deebs and CorNokZ

Freeshards used to get locked immediately some time back and now they will again (if you look back a few years you'll see there used to be a zero tolerance policy towards freeshards), especially now with Camelot Unchained being in development. If you have any issues feel free to take them up with the higher up mods :)

Illegal servers? They probebly are still, but after 12 years...

Even Marc Jacobs refered to Uthgard:

"That's great (both the devs support for Uthgard and your help with CU), I actually appreciate both. As someone who started their career in a similar manner to what the Uthgard/DoL devs did (I was mad at someone and said I'd create a better MUD), I can appreciate the time/toil it has taken all the devs to create the FS(s). I appreciate it even more since I'm independent again and don't have to answer questions from my boss(es) or investors about FS's impact on our revenue.
icon_smile.gif

I wish them all the best and it might be fun one day to join in the revelry. OTOH, it's been so long since I last played Dark Age of Camelot, I'm sure someone will say "lrn2ply noob!" and that would be priceless.

Thanks again for the support there and please tell the devs it's great to see the FS doing well."

http://www.reddit.com/r/daoc/comments/1ahixk/thank_you_uthgard/

If it's actually him ofcourse.

Utgard is a stable freeshard/server and has been running for years aswell. It probebly has the same (or nearly) numbers aswell. So stop beeing so anal about it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Illegal servers? They probebly are still, but after 12 years...

Even Marc Jacobs refered to Uthgard:

http://www.reddit.com/r/daoc/comments/1ahixk/thank_you_uthgard/

If it's actually him ofcourse.

Utgard is a stable freeshard/server and has been running for years aswell. It probebly has the same (or nearly) numbers aswell. So stop beeing so anal about it.

See previous post, if you have any issues or suggestions feel free to share them with the higher mods. Prove the legality of the servers and I'm sure Deebs will listen.

As for being anal about it shard related threads have been locked in the past, it's not a new thing that's magically been adopted its simply something that has been renewed.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Let me expand on that

- This has nothing to do with the amount of work that's gone into such servers

- It has nothing to do with the numbers or how popular they are (i'm aware why it's popular and how long its been around)

- Its purely a legal issue and as it was explained to me this forum does not and will not support illegal activity, it goes against the forums rules thus must be upheld otherwise where does it end? should the forum then allow other illegal things to be discussed? game piracy perhaps? or other illegal downloads/services?

When I started the conversation between TdC, Deebs and CorNokZ I did so because I was pm'd by a few people asking why illegal servers can be freely discussed, I asked about it and got an answer basically saying "Not allowed because its illegal and thus goes against the forums rules" in short :) were it not for the legality of it you(shard community) would probably even have their own section on FH.

I hope that explains things a bit more clear

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Thing is I know FH has always considered Freeshards as a no no but for months now Uthgard has been talked about in a nice manner with people using Uthgard more to talk about DAOC than official servers.

You think as time has gone on and Uthgard has given Daoc players a little lease of life from that mundane YWAIN servers you think that FH would evolve a little more.

From reading other posts over last few months there seems to be a bit of a gripe towards Uthgard from Bloodomen on the server so I do feel a little sour grapes from him on Uthgard.

But none the less most people know where the fun is and can find most Ex Daoc players on the server that shall not be named lol.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Thing is I know FH has always considered Freeshards as a no no but for months now Uthgard has been talked about in a nice manner with people using Uthgard more to talk about DAOC than official servers.

You think as time has gone on and Uthgard has given Daoc players a little lease of life from that mundane YWAIN servers you think that FH would evolve a little more.

From reading other posts over last few months there seems to be a bit of a gripe towards Uthgard from Bloodomen on the server so I do feel a little sour grapes from him on Uthgard.

But none the less most people know where the fun is and can find most Ex Daoc players on the server that shall not be named lol.

With respect - for months they have been talked about because there was no one to moderate them and I haven't got sour grapes at all, if I had sour grapes I would have locked them long before now rather than take the time to contact Deebs and TdC about them before hand.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
You know what didn't even realise it was illegal.... Just thought as the game was so old now that it had had gone open source or something.......

/Gups being dumb

How come they have such a big website presence surely mythic would shut them down?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
So infact instead of just leaving Forums going you got Sour grapes as YOU had to ask higher authority about them Mmmmm Ambasher in same boat as you and yet he never went too seek a higher authority O.K WE know you don't like the Server that MOST Ex Ywain players gone to Bloodomen I found that in you posts with Gwadien.

In past btw you only just became a Mod and seeing as Uthgard Posts started around Jan time it does seem like a little Sour Grapey

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You know what didn't even realise it was illegal.... Just thought as the game was so old now that it had had gone open source or something.......

/Gups being dumb

How come they have such a big website presence surely mythic would shut them down?

The files used are community made thus not illegal :) the client however is still Mythics and is illegal, not sure if Mythic can get them taken down as the servers belong to DoL, all Mythic could do is basically say "Stop using our client to play on the servers" which they would have to say/do to the players rather than server owners.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So infact instead of just leaving Forums going you got Sour grapes as YOU had to ask higher authority about them Mmmmm Ambasher in same boat as you and yet he never went too seek a higher authority O.K WE know you don't like the Server that MOST Ex Ywain players gone to Bloodomen I found that in you posts with Gwadien.

In past btw you only just became a Mod and seeing as Uthgard Posts started around Jan time it does seem like a little Sour Grapey

Actually you should get your facts right first :)

1. I was asked by Mabs why such servers were allowed to be discussed
2. After that I asked TdC and Deebs what the stance was on Freeshards
3. Deebs said "We don't support anything illegal"
4. Case closed

Any further issues take them up with Deebs or TdC

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't matter TBH Bloodomen seems most Ex Daoc players are on that server which TBH would make this Forum redundant and putting you out of a Job LOL

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hi guys,

don't go off tangent please. There is no question of anything personal here.

The FH stance is exactly as BloodOmen stated and he has it directly from Deebs our fearless leader: We don't support anything illegal.
Prove to us that using Uthgard with a Mythic client is not illegal and we will reconsider our stance. Until then, case closed.

Cheers, TdC

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Actually you should get your facts right first :)

1. I was asked by Mabs why such servers were allowed to be discussed

Any further issues take them up with Deebs or TdC

And Mabs plays Ywain with Bloodomen WHO hates the other server so they conduct this MABS complained so they can then close it for once and for all ....

Let the Conspiracy Theory's begin ...

Discuss

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
And Mabs plays Ywain with Bloodomen WHO hates the other server so they conduct this MABS complained so they can then close it for once and for all ....

Let the Conspiracy Theory's begin ...

Discuss

the point was originally raised when it was mentioned there was a slight possibility that FH might be the (semi) official CU forums, and when MJ was posting on here during KS, didnt want to spoil our chances ;)

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
What a load of B***S*** if anything MJ would be happy with what people have done with that server in what EA Did to his game OMG if that is what you believe that because of some reference to a free shard server would of compromised CU in coming to FH is the most feeblest excuse I have ever seen.

Seems my Conspiracy Theory could be right

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yes, welcome to the real world, and what is actually important, and not to mention legal

now, as per previous, grow up ;)

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Rules is rules....

If you don't like them migrate to another country and try and change their rules :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What a load of B***S*** if anything MJ would be happy with what people have done with that server in what EA Did to his game OMG if that is what you believe that because of some reference to a free shard server would of compromised CU in coming to FH is the most feeblest excuse I have ever seen.

Seems my Conspiracy Theory could be right

Ok,

Straight from the horses mouth, I will not tolerate illegal activity on FH. If you wish to go play on the free shard server that is your choice, if you wish to leave FH to find somewhere you can discuss the free shard server then go do it, again your choice. If you decide to discuss it here and break the rules then expect to be censored, this time MY choice.

There is absolutely NO conspiracy theory, ever since BW and FH were conceived it has never tolerated anything illegal. Nothing has changed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't play DAOC, I trust those around me to make informed decisions.

It's not even 'illegal' hence why it's never been shut down (and EA own DAOC now, so you'd think they'd try wouldn't you?) the 'live' DAOC community is more or less dead, and there's a good oh, 20 so people on here that play on Uthgard and censoring it all is a bad move, IMO, times have changed, people are just getting upset that we're not fan-boys of the original because it's frankly pretty shit now.

It's a bit like we should stop talking about films/tv series, 'cos it's no secret that a lot of people here torrent them.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
talking/discussing a freeshard isnt illegal, as long as theres no info about how to connect to the freeshards there shouldnt be a problem imo.

Himse

FH is my second home
I don't really see too much wrong with trying to encourage people to play PC games together.

Then again, not my forum. If they don't want you to talk about it, just accept it.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Do not forget to lock the Uthgard templates in the template section ;>

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's not even 'illegal' hence why it's never been shut down (and EA own DAOC now, so you'd think they'd try wouldn't you?) the 'live' DAOC community is more or less dead, and there's a good oh, 20 so people on here that play on Uthgard and censoring it all is a bad move, IMO, times have changed, people are just getting upset that we're not fan-boys of the original because it's frankly pretty shit now.

It's a bit like we should stop talking about films/tv series, 'cos it's no secret that a lot of people here torrent them.

It's not legal tho, the server itself is NOT illegal but using Mythics client IS illegal, what part of that is your simple mind not managing to process? the reason shards have never been taken down is because the servers themselves are not illegal, Mythic would have to basically contact every single individual with a copy of DAOC and go "Don't you dare use our client to connect to these servers or we'll sue you"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom