Threads getting locked? Isn't it getting a bit too serious?

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
3772496+_c4af0bf1f35d3a1a89d36a92274161c6.gif

Himse

FH is my second home
Can you not set up some sort of group pm/chat function?

Then it's not posted on open forums, but they can talk about playing Uthgard.

Lots of people are missing out on people to play with and end up quitting because there's no way to find out about people playing where etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's a shame they don't have their own forums isn't it? Then someone could make a thread called "Ex-Euro servers people thread" or something.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
It's a shame they don't have their own forums isn't it? Then someone could make a thread called "Ex-Euro servers people thread" or something.

They do.. Quite active ones at that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Can you not set up some sort of group pm/chat function?

That would mean that Deebs are officially supporting this, and it would still be illegal.

But i suppose it might be theoretically possible if you were being insanely exclusive about it and NOT invite just anyone that asked.

But that would defeat the point of it wouldn't it?

If people really really want a forum to discuss these things on, just pool together and start your own.

And if Mythic finds out and decides to do something about it we wouldn't have to lose THIS forum.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
indeed Ctuchik, nice one. I am glad there are lots of people here who think things a bit further through.

that said I think that some of you were being quite harsh to BloodOmen, especially the axe-grinding comments. FYI, Blood isn't doing anything of the sort: he did not become a mod through evil intent to eradicate freeshard discussion the world over starting with FH; he got asked by FH staff to become a mod and (in a moment of insanity) agreed to help us (and YOU!) out in his own free time. Furthermore Blood (and every other mod) are only holding the line where FH staff asked him / them to: the FH policy on freeshards remains. BloodOmen kindly and patiently explaind this to all of you a number of times, and also told you where to go if you had grief about it. I had exaactly 0 messages, and I'm not looking in Deebs' inbox ever again; I still have nightmares about the last time I did :(

So...cut your mods some slack eh. Some of those comments were really uncalled for tbh.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
I agree with Raven tbh. It does not matter about what the topic is..

If FH say you cannot talk about something on THEIR boards then you cant.

Now stop stirring the hornets nest before they ban GNMP and we will all be upset!

...Ginger Ninja Midget Pron.

I think this guys sums it up quite well..

Rules are rules - would you abuse a Police officer for ticking you off over a speeding fine ? (ok... maybe you would) but he didn't create the law, he is just enforcing it.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
It's a fairly simple concept. Deebs, the guy that runs these forums has said that he does not want freeshard talk on here. You, the user do not own these forums and have little to no say in how they are run. Deebs and Co were good enough to run a DAOC sub forum for the euro servers, when DAOC needed it. BW/FH were around long before DAOC and will be around long after the servers shut down. They are good enough to have a section long after the euro servers shut down.

Regardless of what you think about the legality of freeshards (I happen to think they are perfectly legal based on my layman's knowledge of copyright law!) Deebs has said he does not want them discussed here, so don't. Also, don't have a pop at the mods for enforcing the forum rules, you agreed to the terms of use for these forums when you set up your forum account and I am fairly sure there have been reminders since.

So in short, if you want to discuss them, do it somewhere else (maybe the freeshard forums might be a good start?!). If you don't want to use FH, bye bye now.

If the guy that runs the place refuses to listen and be reasonable? It's the users that create the content.

Perhaps it is time to move on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If the guy that runs the place refuses to listen and be reasonable? It's the users that create the content.

So discuss them in private? if not stop holding on by threatening to leave the forum just because you can't get your own way.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
None of this would have happened if they didn't merge off topic with general /cuddles

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Yes it is, so do that.

You seem to be under the impression that this forum is a democracy, it's not, it's a dictatorship where Deebs has more power then god.

You don't like that, don't come here.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
BEST THREAD EVER!

I genuinely can't believe that people are still arguing over this.

Also some ridiculously childish behaviour has surfaced in this thread,
You've heard it from the messenger Bloodomen, and now you've heard it from Deebs, they are locking these threads due to the legality of the use of DAOC on freeshard servers.

Nothing to do with blah blah blah.

It's Deebs's forum and if he decides that he doesn't want to endorse any conversations of grey legality then that's his call, Bloodomen is acting on his behalf.

and the argument that I've seen "Oh i've been doing it for x months why now"

That's like saying I've been robbing banks for the past 6 months and now i've just been caught, but let me get away with it because nobody told me it was wrong for the past 6 months.... Jesus wept, just stop whining and move off to another forum if you're that bothered.

Just seems like an excuse to start personal attacks on eachother this. Grow the fuck up!

oh and Jim, stop trying to be all high n mighty and keep your nose out :p (much like i'm doing now xD)

- English -

Resident Freddy
you broke the silence faglim!

(might aswell delete this forum section as noone uses it now)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Wow this thread is still going

Atleast the daoc section has an active topic

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
ps, we should all wish -english- the best as he broke his car yesterday :( HUGS AND KISSES !!!

Overdriven

So if i did that it would be ok? :)

Dunno, I don't know the financial regulations of the country you're in - Also, have you not seen what happened to Spain? Why would you want to build a bank?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Dunno, I don't know the financial regulations of the country you're in - Also, have you not seen what happened to Spain? Why would you want to build a bank?

Pretty sure what country i'm in is irrelevant, stealing from a bank is illegal everywhere. :)

Overdriven

I was being literal. Not talking about shards. :( Sarcasm is lost these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom