Lag whine thread #232

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Erivoss, can we get an official response on daoc.goa.com please?
Even if just "We are working with OT on the subject".

This would help tremendously and show the community that GoA cares about the problem.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jobil said:
was in no way pointed at you Corran, you're polite. It was in a different thread. we have a difference in opinion, peace to that. i gave them the slack i feel they deserved and as a reaction to that turned off my auto renew

Ok Jobil, thats ok then :D I respect your opinion and hope your proven to be wrong. May take a bit of time but you will be eventually :p

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Azathrim said:

This would help tremendously and show the community that GoA cares about the problem.

I'll try and get another news posted today about it. At the moment though there's not much we can tell you that we haven't already.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Azathrim said:

as if by magic...

OpenTransit Network
Some lag issues are sometimes due to network problems, mainly for players that connect out of France. We thank all those who reported the problem to us and provided ping plots. They have been transmitted to OpenTransit who will analyse them and will be taking the necessary measures to enhance the traffic quality.

that said the lag is annoying enough that a news post to itself wouldn't go amiss :) even if it is just the same thing.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I don't whine very often but this weekend's lag is way beyond anything we've experienced even recently. One example - last night I had a group of 5 people rvr'ing we get a lag spike and suddenly I am solo.....

I don't even like EQ2 but spent a few hours playng it yesterday just for a rest from the lag :(

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Ok Jobil, thats ok then :D I respect your opinion and hope your proven to be wrong. May take a bit of time but you will be eventually :p

hehe never did have a problem with being proven wrong when i wear my Gl4$$3$ 0f t3h d00m

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
When I know what OT is going to do about it I'll tell you. For the moment I'm getting the 'we're looking into the problem' response.

"were looking into the problem" = we haven't found it yet

hopefully they wont be looking for the problem for too long, otherwise when they fix it there wont be anyone left to appreciate it

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Now the moment that people started to give them proof they approached OT with it and eventually convinced them to look into it. Now hopefully this will be a speedy investigation however most people know that if it isnt harming your company then it not likely to do too much, too fast. However hopefully this is not the case.

How long we had the problem? Months.
How long were GoA asking for evidence? Months.
How long ago did we start giving it to them? 3-4days ago.

No wonder they couldnt get open transit to fix the problem.

The onus should never be on the customer to prove something is defective once the product/service is initially proved to be faulty and that is accepted by the supplier.
We all know there is an issue with lag, GOA know and have accepted there is a problem, and it is between them and OpenTransit to sort out the issue and any contractual/business issues regarding the service they receive.

The fact that the information was not given for months does not mean that there should have been no work done on the issue or any resolution.

I would be interested to know how long GOA would be willing to live with OT investigating the problem without it being resolved, and their business reasoning for doing so.

Thor666

Loyal Freddie
more whining

no matter what, this lag is unacceptable, i cant c why its up to me to fix a problem (send in ping plots whatever that is), when all i have done is try to play a PC game (which im paying money to use).. :(

Im really glad though that Goa have some people with sympathy for the players, that post and reply on these forums, even though this lag-issue is a load of rotten seafood...

I know im whining and theres much more where that came from :(

Gamah

Banned
It's been stated time and time again..GOA can't duplicate the problem..They need the player to do it..its not that they are lazy, its that THEY NEED TO KNOW WHAT ROUTERS ARE CAUSING THE LAG AND THEY GET THAT BY YOU DOING A PING PLOT. Which will aloow them to fix it.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
It's been stated time and time again..GOA can't duplicate the problem..They need the player to do it..its not that they are lazy, its that THEY NEED TO KNOW WHAT ROUTERS ARE CAUSING THE LAG AND THEY GET THAT BY YOU DOING A PING PLOT. Which will aloow them to fix it.

Its opentransit that are lazy, it should be them checking the routes not the players. Opentransit should be able to do that, after all they are a national provider.

I have no problems sending in a ping plot to opentransit, i am more than happy to negotiate a fee for using my time.

Thor666

Loyal Freddie
Gamah said:

I've read that before, maybe its just me as a mere mortal that are having difficulty accepting/fully understanding that fact. I dont even know what a router is. I just bought this game 4 months ago, and now i can only play it every 15 seconds, 5 secs at a time (small exageration).

About sending ping plots : you do it!

Hope it works, and i dont have to do anything else than paying my sub and enjoying the game.
Sorry for being so negative, nothing personal, just putting words on my thoughts...

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
as if by magic...

that said the lag is annoying enough that a news post to itself wouldn't go amiss :) even if it is just the same thing.
I was aware of the news post made friday. As you seems to agree to though is, that this is something that requires more than just a small paragraph deep into a new post.

The current lag is game breaking.

It is something that requires the full attention from GoA and something that requires the costumer to be fully informed. Personally I don't mind that there is connectivity problems once awhile - that happens with a service like this. I do mind though, if I feel like the service provider doesn't care about a game breaking problem - doesn't care enough to show me as a costumer that they have their full attention on it.

With my naive blue eyes I belive GoA really are looking into it and working non-stop to fix it with OT. I just doubt everyone is as naive as me and I would hate to see more people leave the game due to poor information and service.

soze

I am a FH squatter
GOA could just reply you pay us for using our server for our game how you get onto our server is up to you and not what you pay us for ;)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
GOA could just reply you pay us for using our server for our game how you get onto our server is up to you and not what you pay us for ;)
GoA ain't stupid. They do want to keep their costumers. :)

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, it's cumbersome

scorge said:
Its opentransit that are lazy, it should be them checking the routes not the players. Opentransit should be able to do that, after all they are a national provider.

I have no problems sending in a ping plot to opentransit, i am more than happy to negotiate a fee for using my time.

That post is spot on. One should think there is evidence enough by so many people complaining, yet all OT is saying "we are looking into it", read we dumped a ticket on the desk of some poor overworked staffer and let him bury it somewhere in the pile on his desk. It's actually their net for which they charge their customers a fee. Their job to run the diagnosis, not ours. And btw I did run Pingplots, just didn't print or screenshot them, as I'm a total technical noob who only wants to play in his sparetime, not do the job of the Opentransit network Manager. The culprits, as per my plots, are Opentransit Geneva and Opentransit Pastourelle. Not evidence, a lead.
Now have it fixed please. Thank you.

Merino, Champion
Yeyi, Mentalist
Lag Victims

Indio

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
When I know what OT is going to do about it I'll tell you. For the moment I'm getting the 'we're looking into the problem' response.

Hmmm. All the lag problems I was getting yesterday were from the Wanadoo portal, not OT.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Sorry, would have posted sooner but FH was down most of the day.

2 problems:

1. on our internal network that started this weekend. I still don't know what exactly went wrong, I've been told the networking staff are investigating but it might take some time to find out exactly what's wrong. I'd love to give a better eta on when the issue will be resolved but I simply can't. Hopefully I'll have some more info about that tomorrow.

2. OT that has been going on for some time too. They are investigating the problems too and again it might take some time to fix. Again more info on this as soon as I get it.

Out of those 2 I'll have more information tomorrow most certainly for the first problem (as it's being checked by our own team) but for the 2nd one I honestly can't say (as it's being checked by external teams so all the relevant info might not reach me for a while).

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Xalin said:
Thank you.

Its nice to see the lag problems finally getting something more than just a 2line afterthought in the Friday news - not alot to ask for after 2 months.

Now if it can just get fixed sometime relatively soon we'll see the whine count here drop dramatically: for at least 5 minutes ;)

Uku

Fledgling Freddie
aye thanx for keeping us informed Erivoss , nice to know whats going on , i have no doubt peeps will be alot more sympathetic and relaxed about it when some one like yourself is keeping us in the loop letting us in on whats going on even when your not obliged too. i feel happier now theres some form of info appearing regularly. also thx to other goa staff too who are prolly desperatly trying to sort this out. just a shame on you guys that open transist are being less than helpful by the sounds of it with lines like 'we are looking into it' :( .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom