The long-lost Thank You thread

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Dark Age of Camelot. It was more than a game back then, a virtual reality. Much can be chalked up to nostalgia, but no game I've played has ever measured up to those times, in terms of playerbase, and how the game world evolved, encounters with other people and a sense of belonging to it all.
For me, i think It's a good thing i never tried to satiate it or emulate the experience as nothing would probably had measured up to the phenomenon.

I know a couple of peeps that's still logged in fairly regularly, but from what i understand, It's not the 'same' thing any more, but just the hunt for the old rp.

I myself was logged on a about four years ago when they gave everybody 14 days, which we spent by hunting down Chinese gold-farmers in PoC and ML10 area. That was fun. You wouldn't believe they were (are?) still going, but to our (great) surprise, we found a group! And another one, and one more. They were not happy to be interrupted during their busy work-schedule, i can tell you that. After a couple of hours, they seemed to band together in an attempt to thwart our little shenanigans - three full groups with the majority on follow with macro-scripts (two guys controlling a group each or so). There was much cursing from their side, i can tell you that.

Anyhow. I would like to extend belated thank-you's to everyone that I've gone up against and/or rolled with, unfortunately, names aren't my strong point. Thanks you all!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Fighting Goldfarmers is/was quite the task sometimes, they use radar while leveling in RvR zones so they're always aware people are coming, they just can't deal with them because multiboxing is meh.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Surprisingly though! they actually do play the game, they have a single legit account they actually rvr on, one of them runs around with rescus zerg, he's rr10+

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Was a few years since I last checked FH.

Can't remember the last time I played. Think my account might been hacked or something as it was not connected to my other accounts on EA when I tried logging in during the 14 free days you spoke of.
Its been almost 20 years since this game came out, and well over 10 years since I was active. I will always miss it, I had some really great times playing it.

Even the endless grinding towards 50 at release, pigmy chain pulling, twees, the long horse rides to get across Albion, sneaking around in Dartmoor trying to kill the "specials " to get cool loot, spending weeks with a friend farming to get the Ellyll sword in the frontiers (it was the only glowing sword in the game at the time), waiting at the teleportation pad while people where chatting and yelling "Master visual get down here! (when you still needed to wait to get teleported).

It was as you said a "real" virtual reality. The community was awesome, besides all your regular in game friends you had a relation to many of the other "famous" people and guilds running around in a way no other game may ever achieve. I even miss spending time doing spell crafting orders (before housing I believe) where lots of people spent time crafting in Camelot while chatting etc.

First time I ever heard of a weapon that could procc, it was like real magic, it was awesome (the coolness was awesome not the actual procc...).

First time in Snowdonia, meeting a couple of purple hibs, oO the horror as they crushed us.

Exploring Tepoks mine, Llyn Barfog, and all the other cool places in the game.

Playing infiltrator at high level when there where still a lot of lower level people doing rvr raids, the feeling when I one shot someone inside a keep taken by the enemy and seeing them running around nuking while i snuck away (you where still invisible if you one shot someone).

And ofc all the endless fun while rvring. Mostly as a cleric (smite cleric until nerf), but quite some time as infiltrate too.

There are so many memories that I thought I had forgotten, but they are clearly still stored somewhere in my brain.

gohan

FH is my second home
was the best game ever imo, not in terms of design (although I've still get to find a game with PvP half as good) but it was made by the community. The best times were pre merge prydwen IMO (I'm sure excal players would say the same). After the merge and them after moving to US then the US merge etc it was just never the same. Knowing most th eplayers in the realm and seeing all the names you know in the frontiers made it more special. Things like Uthgard recapture this to a degree but now the game feels old and the grind is far too much so nothing will ever compare to that original feeling. I think it's a combination or a great game, great community and being the right age/ having enough time when it came out. All in all i guess it is nostalgia, but even so, quality, quality game that I don't think can ever be matched

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom