Is determination overpowered or not?

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Arnor
zerkers/bm's/mercs are lighttanks, your point?
I was explaining the concept of a tank to someone who refused to understand it.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Fagane
Also not correct, What about Infiltrators, Scouts, etc.

Also the fact that "without ranged attacks" is incorrect, an Armsman can spec x-bow, and be very effective (proven in US).

Fagane

Scouts have specced ranged damage.

Assassins are the exception because they are not generally part of the larger-scale combat.

Savage would be the only class subject to full duration and unable to take part in the game. The longer roots are too much to not be able to do anything. For that reason TL has already been told Det will stay. The alternatives would have produced even more whines.

P

parzi

so true.
i can live with almost any nerf that will come but no det, hmm think i would ask goa if they can give me a lvl 50 thane in exchange then so i can at least throw around some lightning when rooted :D

and det hmm yeh nerf it to 10% and nerf resists :p

F

froler-mid

nah, not overpowered imo.

infils should get det. tho imo :D

Q

Qte Eth

determination is very tricky thing

atm its a reason of death of alb mage grps ,and dd casters and hybrids which are like not any welcome in current rvr.

I guess that if a realm ability makes 1/3 ~ or so classes totally unwanted(useless) in rvr its enuff reason to look on it ,and fix.

dont really see a reason for mages to be less resistant to magic then pure tanks ,and spending around 1/3+ time in rvr being messed/stunned

reasons why hib grps very often rely on magic are that they got GP which can save grp in situation where mes fight is lost , while for albs or mid mage grps it results as a defeat in almost every case ,if enemy side works wo many fuckups

and ability to have passsive 75% mes/root/stun reduction with 50 % resist results as 87.5% resistanse or saying shortly almost immunity to CC - dont sounds any fair in game where CC has always been one of the main things affecting battles,and mages always were badly affected by interuptions

H

hotrat

The problem with nerfing Determination is that you risk a return to the era of tanks being nothing more than lawn statues for 29 out of every 30 minutes.
Isn't that exactly what hybrids/mages/healing classes are right now?

If you made Savages subject to, say, a full duration root, then you make the savage the only class in the game who cannot do anything. They are therefore taken out of the game.
This is why i'm saying make tank determination effect root only, so they still get mezzed and unable to do anything like EVERYONE else. BUT they don't suffer from long duration roots, if they choose to get determination.

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by hotrat
Isn't that exactly what hybrids/mages/healing classes are right now?

Nope they are standing at tk/rp fodder/supporting the rp farming tanks ;)

This is why i'm saying make tank determination effect root only, so they still get mezzed and unable to do anything like EVERYONE else. BUT they don't suffer from long duration roots, if they choose to get determination.

Sounds ok but mid has 3x demezzer and alb has 2 which leaves hib screwed with 1. Being forced to rely on gp is kinda sucky.

G

Garnet

Determination fucks the job up for CCers. IMO they need to reduce the percentage it takes off CC spells...that or make it cost more.

CC nerfs - radius nerf, resists and SC, immunity timers and now RAs like purge and determination.

IMO Determination is overpowered and ruins the game for CC classes although i understand that it is annoying to be mezed for a long time...

G

Gorb

Originally posted by parzi
so true.
i can live with almost any nerf that will come but no det, hmm think i would ask goa if they can give me a lvl 50 thane in exchange then so i can at least throw around some lightning when rooted :D

and det hmm yeh nerf it to 10% and nerf resists :p
You would be casting those lightnings from TK, cause that's where thanes are permanently rooted. Unless you were planning to solo someone?

H

hotrat

Sounds ok but mid has 3x demezzer and alb has 2 which leaves hib screwed with 1. Being forced to rely on gp is kinda sucky.
yes but 2 druids is GP every 15 and it would be very powerful if determination got nerfed.

Also Mythic needs to fix mentalists, then you can get 2 demezzers :)

I still haven't heard a good reason why tanks should be mezzed for less time than other classes.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by hotrat
yes but 2 druids is GP every 15 and it would be very powerful if determination got nerfed.

Also Mythic needs to fix mentalists, then you can get 2 demezzers :)

I still haven't heard a good reason why tanks should be mezzed for less time than other classes.

not just mezzed, but rooted too

we have fuck all we can do when we are rooted in 90% of the cases

O

old.SadonTheGrey

I've never understood why det is on fighters and not mages.

Surely as a master of magic, a mage should be able to resist magical cc from other realms. I never understood AoM either, since SC + resist buffs is plenty for a tank - they take their power from the armour and more magically atuned members of their group, but how the hell would some random warrior know the workings of magic such that he can resist it?

Det should be taken from all tanks and given to pure casters at the same price that puretanks get it.

Avoidance of Magic should be removed from all classes and given to pure casters only.

In like, 99% of all fantasy literature its only been mages who have had the mental capacity to engage the enemy in an arcane duel.

Grr, its so annoying!!1 Why should some dumb torll with a huge hammer be more resistant to magic than a master elementalist???

Not only would this change be more logical but it would also go some way to solving the melee/mage imbalance that plagues dark age of tankalot.

A

AbPoon

I dunno its maybe because many patchs ago a couple of casters could kill a fg if they got the mezz?

Dark days for tanks :/

H

hotrat

not just mezzed, but rooted too

we have fuck all we can do when we are rooted in 90% of the cases
Yes thats why im saying det should effect root only, clearly tanks got det cus they were always under some form of CC, now they are never under any for more than 10 secs.

Users who are viewing this thread