Is determination overpowered or not?

Z

zmurf

on savages, yes, on rest of the classes which got it atm, no ...

C

Carlos Bananos

imo only slightly, but then again, its only thing thats prolly stopping AE stun getting nerfed ;P

P

Pin

Yes, it is completely overpowered. Especially when combined with high resists. (Det4 + 50% resists = 80% CC gone - at RR3).

Determination needs a big fat nerf as it's currently making 'pure tanks' 10x more desirable than Hybrids, and making casters virtually worthless.

E.g. Reduce it to 10% per level and increase the cost. Or make it only 3 levels for 3, 6, 10 points.

D

Driwen

lol det 5 costs 22rsp and ip for hybrids and archers cost 23 (including FA2). Now thats a fair balance?:)

Besides that det is so powerful that you dont want a pure dmg dealing class in your group that has no access to det (atleast if you are going for the strongest group).

E

Ensceptifica

I think mez should have been nerfed instead of introducing determination to the game.

S

saltymcpepper

remove det from game and put purge on a 15 min timer for pure tank :great:

mebbe all classes aswell...that way you could class it as a dragonfang nerf :D

L

llixeraxu

Yes nerf det. Or make it available for everyone.

To re state this well made point

" lol det 5 costs 22rsp and ip for hybrids and archers cost 23 (including FA2). Now thats a fair balance"

N

-Nuked-

giv casters det and take it away from tanks, we are not overpowered. we are doing the dmg we should be, its tanks who are over powered.

heavy armor/light dmg/high hp
medium armor/medium dmg/high hp
light armor/heavy dmg/low hp

thats how i wish it should work anyway :rolleyes: but then again i am a caster

R

Recundis

From a caster point of view yes it is overpowered in fact i remember Rooting u storm in emain (71sec) single id say it lasted for tops 11 secs b4 u was attacking me again so imo NERF det :)
(btw u was in my screen my effects was on and no u didnt purge)

S

schinkaar

Make determination a grp ability, reduce its effectivenes make it work on a multiplier on STR, i.e 350 STR = det 5. Change all determination lvls to 10%. Altho i think mythic can never make daoc into a skillful game with lots of options/grp compositions, the concept simply excel their designer and programming ability.
And afaik no MMO exists that have that, probobly because the maths and balance testing scale of it is so huge.

T

tildson

Of course its overpowered, determination really destroys any form of CC and indirectly nerfs mages. Back in retail, tanks were the real CRAP! You got mezzed for over a minute, nuked for loads of damage, ran out of endurance 90% of the target u were attacking etc etc.

Mages could assist while you were mezzed, now you dont have the time because mez doesnt last much at all. And they dont nuke you for loads of damage either, unless its pbae or debuff+DD. But very easy to interupt such thing.

Remove determination for all classes except the primary ones, Warrior/Armsman/Hero should be able to have it.

C

censi

lol det 5 costs 22rsp and ip for hybrids and archers cost 23 (including FA2). Now thats a fair balance?

Aye its fooking shocking how unbalanced some things are.

W

Weeping Willow

Restart servers totally from first patch imo.

L

lofff

tbh i think its way overrated, cos i tell yah top resist buffs + aom2 + 2xGP + selfpurge means i barely ever find myself CCed, and when it happens it never lasts longer than 10sec

K

killrake

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
I think mez should have been nerfed instead of introducing determination to the game.

Totally Agrees

L

lofff

oh and its resist buffs that should b nerfed, or mb sc, adding resistbuffs and then sc is what really nerfed CC and/or mages, not determination

D

Driwen

Originally posted by lofff
tbh i think its way overrated, cos i tell yah top resist buffs + aom2 + 2xGP + selfpurge means i barely ever find myself CCed, and when it happens it never lasts longer than 10sec

not every realm has GP :p

I

iluvatur

Yeh, determination shouldnt have been added, they shoulda just made binary effects 50% less effective ( or something) versus realm enemies, but stay the same versus mobs.

So a 1 min mezz ( 30 secs in rvr) in centre, with say 25% resist would last about 22.5 seconds, and at edge of radius with same resist 11.25 seconds

*shrug* this gives enough time to get tanks in place and nukers going etc

get rid of purge and Ip etc while youre at it :D

K

Kagato.

Noooooo don't nerf Detirmination, or i'll have to go buy Purge instead :(

Detirmination 4 +Max resists for teh win :D

S

sigh

Originally posted by schinkaar
Make determination a grp ability, reduce its effectivenes make it work on a multiplier on STR, i.e 350 STR = det 5.

Bit of a nerf for the caster who has to now cap strengh on his SC temp ;F

O

old.anubis

10% per lvl should be ok imo
removing it completely will make tanks quite useless again
increasing cost wont make any difference, rr6 or rr8, the same shit, just takes some more time

T

tildson

Originally posted by driwen
not every realm has GP :p

Other realms can manage as a tank/meleegroup (determination), whereas Hibs cant :/

Determination mostly was developed to give primary tanks something extra, as nobody used to play them before. Champions were way more popular than Heroes was, Warriors were rare aswell but Armsmen had a few though. Most due to that Paladins sucked back then, now you hardly see any Armsman but 1000 pallies running around. There were a few mercs and zerkers, BM's were rare too - now mers and bm's are fotm's :)

Enough analysis by me, i totally agree on that they should've nerfed the MEZ and gone easy on the value of resist-buffs - but without SC and all these SI/Epic-quest items, it would have worked out much better with resist-buffs.

Playing MLF US atm, very excited to see how the new RvR-expansion/ToA or whatever they all are called are going to be like. Ive read that they will do a review on styles, RA's, resists and some other stuff. Hopefully they wont over-nerf/over-uber :) as they unfortunately do usually :/

D

Driwen

Originally posted by tildson
Other realms can manage as a tank/meleegroup (determination), whereas Hibs cant :/

yes, but to those realms determination isnt overrated. They do need det. :)

F

-fwapp-

well the fact that its overpowered is a general theme among most comonly availiable rvr abilities? IP, Purge etc, most of which screw a caster of some kind hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom