Play a overpowered class or not?

K

Kallio

The fact just is that almost all hib mages have pbae ;)

V

VodkaFairy

Errm no I wouldn't play an overpowered class, I enjoy the challenge of my bard (trying to solo) and that's about as hard as it gets with all the grouping stealthers nowadays.

Tho I agree if NS would become overpowered compared to infils/sb's, you can sure as hell count on it I'll take some revenge for all the times I got owned silly :p But I doubt I'd stick to it for long.

A

angrykid

Originally posted by Kallio
Myself I´m playing a shaman like some of you might know, the insta disease is pretty good, quite overpowered sometimes to be right. I´m sure it needs to be addressed somehow, then again it is the one and only specline insta shamans have. It should be toned down, but given something back in return at the same time.
Well, what can I say. I play a shaman also, and the insta disease is the only effective mean of escape a shaman has. I don't think it should be toned down, since all assistmonks has PF. In my point of view, the disease should have the effect of a PF for as long as the PF lasts on the char its inflicted on. It lasts for 10 seconds, and has a 50% snare on it. Recast timer on 20-30 seconds.

I don't think it's overpowered at all, not when those thrusters keep coming down my neck with 200-300 dmg pr hit. :-| I have no way to defend myself, no way to hit back. All I can do is run.. And I don't even have the benefit of end regen, since all runs around with perma sprint.

Well, my point is made.

K

Kallio

Re: Re: Play a overpowered class or not?

Originally posted by angrykid
Well, what can I say. I play a shaman also, and the insta disease is the only effective mean of escape a shaman has. I don't think it should be toned down, since all assistmonks has PF. In my point of view, the disease should have the effect of a PF for as long as the PF lasts on the char its inflicted on. It lasts for 10 seconds, and has a 50% snare on it. Recast timer on 20-30 seconds.

I don't think it's overpowered at all, not when those thrusters keep coming down my neck with 200-300 dmg pr hit. :-| I have no way to defend myself, no way to hit back. All I can do is run.. And I don't even have the benefit of end regen, since all runs around with perma sprint.

Well, my point is made.

What I meant was exactly this, It´s good, even too good in a way. Then again not that uber when you got a assistrain on yourself... :mad:

PF is also too good, in a way... but then again... :rolleyes:

V

VodkaFairy

Well, my point is made.

What if there are claws coming down your neck with 250-700 dmg per hit, with a back-stun also? And nothing to defend yourself but sprint?

K

Kallio

Re: Re: Re: Play a overpowered class or not?

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
What if there are claws coming down your neck with 250-700 dmg per hit, with a back-stun also? And nothing to defend yourself but sprint?

/rel :D

A

ab_fluid

Also, everyone on these boards is saying that every group with 3 healers, shaman, and a number of tanks(at least 2 savas, otherwise not fotm enough) is uber, and kills every albgroup and hibgroup. That´s is utter shit, players make a huge difference.

There is such thing as skill, some people say that there isnt. But there is. Could say some people that cant play their class well and are high RR, and others that are RR3 and much better players.

Don't think anyone deny's players make a difference, the fact remains though, a 4/5 seer 3/4 tanks(1skald if not 4 healers) is a hell of a lot easier to win with than any other set up in the game, no cloth targets, roots, diseases, mezz, lots and lots of amnesia spammers, 3/4 demezzers etc etc etc.

A

ab_fluid

Well, my point is made.

shamen has ichor too btw. But... What does a nurt druid have to escape savages/zerks? whats a cleric got to escape savages/zerks? The reason it is overpowered is because no other support class has this kinda spell (no resists timer btw xD) and a shammy with half a brain will survive a hell of a long time.

K

Kallio

Originally posted by ab_fluid
Don't think anyone deny's players make a difference, the fact remains though, a 4/5 seer 3/4 tanks(1skald if not 4 healers) is a hell of a lot easier to win with than any other set up in the game, no cloth targets, roots, diseases, mezz, lots and lots of amnesia spammers, 3/4 demezzers etc etc etc.

I agree. It´s a hard setup. But the players need to know how to play, I´ve taken beatings from warder albs and Groovy protector hibs with that setup :rolleyes:

Yes it was fg vs fg... :p

B

Belomar

For myself, I take pride in trying to get the most out of classes that are perceived as gimped. ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Belomar
For myself, I take pride in trying to get the most out of classes that are perceived as gimped. ;)

I go for specs rather than classes usually :)

(e.g. body cabalist, smite cleric, split-spec wizard :))

A

Aloca

Originally posted by Belomar
hope you not playing minser now then :eek:

S

Sichama

I agree. It´s a hard setup. But the players need to know how to play, I´ve taken beatings from warder albs and Groovy protector hibs with that setup :rolleyes:

Yes it was fg vs fg... :p

Oh yea baby, feel the rythm...
you have to be a Hib to be Groovy.

/dance

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Aloca
hope you not playing minser now then :eek:
No. Belomar was my first char to 50, way before Minstrels were stealth FotM. Do your homework.

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Sichama
Oh yea baby, feel the rythm...
you have to be a Hib to be Groovy.

/dance

you did understand it was a joke, right? :mad:

A

Amadon

Originally posted by tildson
enchanters are overpowered compared to other casters, but afterall they are caster so :)
I feel guilty playing my chanter vs other casters

but then I get an assist train/stealth add on me and I feel far less guilty :p

O

old.Talivar

I may be wrong but i think the point of this post is 95% of ppl on here are hypocrits cus we all say nerf ect, lamers for using overpowered zerk/savage ect buuuuuuut if hib/alb had these classes im 100% they would used as much as they are in mid.So really ppl are saying ffs lamer why are u a savage when i cant be sob sob spit dummy ect :)
But i could be wrong :)

W

Wiro

There is such thing as skill, some people say that there isnt. But there is. Could say some people that cant play their class well and are high RR, and others that are RR3 and much better players.

Think that has to do with too much spare time :p

Tbh, I sometimes find it quite boring to win all fights with my fotm-2-button-dragonfang-gimp, but that has got to do with spare time too... When it's up to my DAoC-addiction, I'd rather be workless and play slash inf all day long :D

V

Valgyr

I play my ranger with pride it is imo the most fun class beisides mincers who can do it all good as i never get rvr grps but i must say mids stealthers and hibs need a little boost compared to the albs, a mincer infi duo played well could easy take out 4 unbuffed chars as me and a buffed NS are glad to beat any unbuffed duo. Still fun>>>>>wtfpwning as i played both mids and albs b4 but im glad i sticked with my ranger instead of my infi much more fun to run in emain with a bit of fear in ur mind then a arogant "all around here are albs anyway" thinking. now with relic bonus gone to albs im not complaining to much as i got access to IP and purge so i win many 1v1s when they are up and thats enough fer me.

W

Wiazabi

I like playing sorc cause of the challenge aswell with alb overall in groups, running around 10% casting 10% laying down 80% of the time but nice to kill those 3fg now and then.
But i hate to loose against hibs cause of pets interrupting whole support just cause its a caster grp , you get em mezzed and they gp is fair enough but that pets are sooo fast on getting to support interrupting each and everyone without ppl commanding pets to do so is just to easy, Gp is fair but not as much combined with pets.
Shamans disease should be fixed or something, maybe give alb a easyer acces to it rather than a cabalist. But still prefer having theugist is pretty much better and more fun :) .

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Stallion-
pbae helps from beeing interrupted? didnt know :p
and I dont think chanters are that overpowered... elds do far more dmg to grps with debuffs/disease then chanters ;) you just dont see it in direct dmg ;)
Yes pbae helps because it stacks and even kills tanks pretty fast. Now you will say well the chanters should be interupted by amnesia etc but wait the hib group has at least 3 pets and 1 insta interupt spell all to use on classes that might be trying to interupt from range. Do you not see the irony when you say chanters suck cus they can be interupted yet in order to interupt them you must use a class that can also be interupted.

Comparing a eld directly to a chanter I would rate a chanter a lot better even before BaoD, add that super gay RA and chanter defo takes it however chanter + eld is far greater than 2 chanters or 2 elds.
Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
Mid and Alb pbaoe classes can do that too. You just need a bunch of afk/stuck ppl.
Actually they can't if hibs each just have 1 class in their group with 1 RA ready to use.... 10(-600) damage....

S

Stallion-

Originally posted by hotrat
Comparing a eld directly to a chanter I would rate a chanter a lot better even before BaoD, add that super gay RA and chanter defo takes it however chanter + eld is far greater than 2 chanters or 2 elds.

funny part is that u seem to ignore chanters lack of utility... what can they do except some fast dmg.. ever tought about how much dmg disease rly does, or how str/con & dex debuffs redude dmg? no... all you see is the directdmg they do.. :p

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Wiazabi
I like playing sorc cause of the challenge..
..But i hate to loose against hibs cause of pets interrupting whole support just cause its a caster grp , you get em mezzed and they gp is fair enough but that pets are sooo fast on getting to support interrupting each and everyone without ppl commanding pets to do so is just to easy, Gp is fair but not as much combined with pets.
Shamans disease should be fixed or something, maybe give alb a easyer acces to it rather than a cabalist. But still prefer having theugist is pretty much better and more fun :) .
I agree totally, pets are the main problem, and the fact they automatically home in on the sorc without the owner even having to press any buttons really sucks.
Two solutions I can think of are: firstly to stop speed effecting pets even in combat. Pets are unable to sprint so are actually very easy to escape if it wasn't for them having perma-speed. This would probably help mids more than albs though cus a mend healer can just run away and st mezz it, a cleric can only stun it, the shaman can also just fart, run then root. However at least the sorc (and pac healer) could run and either mezz it or root it or even confuse it (sorc only). It says on confuse a 75% chance to attack ally, well I have never seen a hib pet hit a hib after I have confused it, another stupid bug in favour of hibs, also some pets seem immune to confuse (like guard patrols are).
The second solution could be that pets should not be effected by GP, its a group RA and pets are not part of a group (just try and guard one) also single purge doesn't free up your pet, SoS doesn't effect pets either.
Combine both of these solutions and pets will still be a nuisance but not the fight winning tools they are at the moment. It just sucks to lose a fight vs hibs cus of one green con druid pet (usually Ola's!) doing 10 dmg to you every 3 seconds.

Albs could indeed use disease on another class, sorc matter line would be best but cabalists would get very upset about that. But then alb just has too many classes, you could easily combine caba and sorc (ae dot and disease in matter line, spec lifetap in body, pet in mind line, give the spirit/matter/body debuffs to fire or ice wiz).

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Stallion-
funny part is that u seem to ignore chanters lack of utility... what can they do except some fast dmg.. ever tought about how much dmg disease rly does, or how str/con & dex debuffs redude dmg? no... all you see is the directdmg they do.. :p
Yes but they don't stack, pbae does.
Chanter is damage, eld is utility, together they are the most awesome caster combo in the game.

D

Divinia

just adress issues with some classes.. cant be that hard imo

K

Kallio

Originally posted by succi
Just watch how he plays in the FC vid and you can see =]

I think he knows how to play, but I missed completely what he meant by his comment... just like me posting "Cookies are good"

Users who are viewing this thread