Play a overpowered class or not?

K

Kallio

Would you play an overpowered class if there was one availabe?

Let´s create a scenario... You´re a hib and you feel like making a tank char. At same time you hear that blademasters are getting nerfed, you dont know how hard.

There has just came out a new expansion, in which hibs have gotten a new "Sarage" class, which is at least as good as savage or a pre nerf zerker.

Which one would you make?

If you´d be a starting Blademaster would you reroll as a sarvage?

If you would make a sarvage would you quit playing it "cos it´s overpowered" and go back to your BM/make one?

If you are playing a savage or if you played a pre 1.62 zerker did you feel "good" when you discovered that this is just too good?Quoting a old zerker: "Pre nerf was just ridiculous, even without end regen, I knew that I was hitting too hard, If I had a 1k hit on someone I didnt bother to screenshot it, it wasnt so unusual. When end regen came, you had a perma 10min end regen which was way too good"

Myself I´m playing a shaman like some of you might know, the insta disease is pretty good, quite overpowered sometimes to be right. I´m sure it needs to be addressed somehow, then again it is the one and only specline insta shamans have. It should be toned down, but given something back in return at the same time.

Keep stupid comments of nerfing this and that and the lame Relic raid out of this thread, PM if you have something to say about those. And answer my questions, not some things in the next posts.

Flame away!

S

sorusi

Enjoy zerker after nerf more than zerker prenerf :p

V

vintervargen

and pwn mids with :confused: ofc. but i wouldnt claim i have gotten better @ daoc because of it, as some ppl do... :rolleyes:

F

- Fedaykin -

i'm rolling a mincer atm and am worried about them being overpowered however i don't own a buffbot so not gonna be much of an issue for me. Also will be grouped more than solo so nothing really overpowered - i think mincers are not overpowered at all in groups but do quite well solo.

I play a sorcerer normally and enjoy the challenge of staying alive and although recent patches have addressed issues within the sorc class i dont feel they are overpowered at all - especially since most of the fotm sorcs quit before RR3.

I very rarely even play my infiltrator, i usually keep in logged inside df for a bit of fun now and then, or at a keep take - if u see him in emain it will be my brother, however i rolled him waaaaaaay back before bg's were even around which is when we saw the explosion of infs i think. But as mentioned before i dont own a buffbot so even with Infs in an overpowered state i get my ass handed to me quite often. I think i enjoyed him more without the pre-la nerf when there were good sb's such as salurmhaaja who would whoop me because if left a challenge to play the class. I was in df after we lost the str relics and i took 2 brehon NS's down unbuffed so they can't be too underpowered

as i say though he may be overpowered but i dont play him often at all

S

Stallion-

cant wait for chanter nerf ;)

its when the fotm´s dropp out.. but if you think about it...
I mean lowering a class in "poweress" and raising another is the same thing? I mean now that savages are kinda overpowered or chanters.. thats just the same as nerfing the "underpowered" classes.. meaning those dropping out... r the fotms aswell :p

just a tought..cuz feel that in someway about those whining & rerolling (even if I did so myself) for the savage cause... take it as a challange insteed.. or those complaining about zergs & zerg back... l

R

Ravenbourne

Tbh i wouldnt want to play an over powered class, i enjoy the challenge, i have started playing my enchanter, now i know everyone says they are over powered, in pve without a doubt they are (this is being addressed in the next patch) but in proper fg vs fg rvr there is no way a cloth wearer combined with the messed up interupt system can be considered over powered. I know its been said before, many times but savages are very over powered, i wouldnt say this is all down to the savage, it is only totally over powered when put in the right group and played properly. I really cant see how thrust infiltraters can enjoy the 1 button win play style imo they truly are the most over powered class in the game.

Back to the point, personally no i dont think i would, i also would like to add there should be more oportunity to make a charator more unique, its so easy to just go down the cookie cutter route, in the enchanters case 50 mana 20 light. I think the master levels/items/abilities go some way to address this but is it really worth all the time spent farming the same mobs/areas over and over again?

At the end of the day a lot of classes can shine when played well. and just because a savage is a savage doesnt meen it is over powered. 50% class 50% person behind the comp

R

rangerone

Cant say i dont enjoy playing a class who can do stuff by itself and a bb or something.
Mids end regen and pre LA nerf etc blabla was a bit too much yes. But it gave me nice speed to amg in emain ;) And if something stod in my way I just dbl frosted it to the skies. Remeber at RR2 or soemthing like that, i took a RR6 infil with 5blows unboofed dbl frost. Funneh, ye sometimes... fun for the others?
Played a zerker a little while cause i wanted to have something to do in Thidranki, took my BB and it and started to exp from lvl1(pre /lev20). I three shotted Oranges and with the help of health regen I did it all the way to lvl20 in a few hours and bought me some armour to go off to thid and 2shot Red albs and hibs.. funneh? at that time ... kinda but it wasnt much sport, since any idiot could sit behing the wheels of a zerker.

SI release and savages etc blabla, me my buds go out to have some fun in the new Aegir lands, quadruple hits etc boom everything in our sights got killed. I quit exping after lvl 35 cuz i frankly became bored.

A few weeks later sitting around mtk in emain with my former SB, I hear that the only chars able to get grps are savages and rr7+ warriors. Kinda boring, is it not? So the savages started to appear everywhere now after the la nerf and everything... they even went out and started to solo .... and did that pretty well, since everything that attacked them got killed. Didnt matter if it was 2-3s, they were all smashed to death.

Now, long time later, after being on both mid and hib, im here on albion to kick some ass in solo rvr. Havent been able to do that rather well since a long time ago. Well... i got tonnes of things to say about this with overpowered classes etc... yep i myself have played em all etc etc etc But my point is, if you wanna RvR(and that is what daoc is all about isnt it?) you ened to have a "good" character(talking about groups now), if you cant find a random group or something. Its the same in mid .. as in hib... as in alb. Itll always be like that, nice thoughts about playing a fun class instead of a superduper class, but tbh, i dont think itll ever come to that really...

S

sorusi

Originally posted by censi
Thats cuz no one attacks you now cuz you hit like a girlie. :)

its not that shit when not debuffed :p also 203quick and 20% haste now instead of 35quick no haste so quite alot of diffferance in frontload :)

A

ab_fluid

Personally, I would roll the best class possible, i can stand people playing overpowered, its when people think they WTFPwn when they kill balanced classes with the overpowered classes that really gets on my tits.

A

Auriel

Originally posted by Kallio
Would you play an overpowered class if there was one availabe?

If it was a fun class, then sure. When that same class gets nerfed, it gets all the more interesting. ;)

M

marczje

hate pve ;( havent even made a bg savage

on a sidenote, been playing with a 50 druid on pryd today, ffs nerf savages :D 2 quads in a row ;(

F

- Fedaykin -

Originally posted by marczje
hate pve ;( havent even made a bg savage

on a sidenote, been playing with a 50 druid on pryd today, ffs nerf savages :D 2 quads in a row ;(

lol lies m8, savages never quad

the savage who hit you must have had more skills than you

J

jaapi

Re: .

Originally posted by rangerone
if you wanna RvR(and that is what daoc is all about isnt it?)
No. If it would be all about that, there wouldn't be PvE at all.

But to the subject... people in general want everything fast and easy, but of course there are some exceptions to that. Quite a few rank fun above easy and that's what makes the game more interesting, to play with characters you haven't seen before.

D

dimerian

Would prolly roll savage,sm,shaman and bd as first choices if I would play mid somewhere :]

S

saltymcpepper

i would roll the medium str class that is quite nice at higher rr
"nightshade" =)

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
Tbh i wouldnt want to play an over powered class, i enjoy the challenge, i have started playing my enchanter, now i know everyone says they are over powered, in pve without a doubt they are (this is being addressed in the next patch) but in proper fg vs fg rvr there is no way a cloth wearer combined with the messed up interupt system can be considered over powered. I know its been said before, many times but savages are very over powered, i wouldnt say this is all down to the savage, it is only totally over powered when put in the right group and played properly. I really cant see how thrust infiltraters can enjoy the 1 button win play style imo they truly are the most over powered class in the game.

At the end of the day a lot of classes can shine when played well. and just because a savage is a savage doesnt meen it is over powered. 50% class 50% person behind the comp
I would grade a savage and a chanter as both equally overpowered. PBAE helps a lot to protect a chanter from being interupted, no other class in the game has that and such awesome ranged damage.

Put a savage vs a chanter, savage wins, 2 savage vs 2 chanter, still the savages, now add healing classes, pbt, guard, pets to interupt, stat debuffs, disease, now you got a fair fight. Swap the savages for any other melee class in the game and my money is on the chanters winning. Try using other casters to kill chanters instead (caster group instead of tank) oh wait mythic gave chanters baod as well for some insane reason that won't work either.
Originally posted by ab_fluid
Personally, I would roll the best class possible, i can stand people playing overpowered, its when people think they WTFPwn when they kill balanced classes with the overpowered classes that really gets on my tits.
Same here, its even worse when entire groups/guilds think they pwn when they keep killing balanced groups with their overpowered ones.

As for me I wish I had rolled a smite cleric and a minstrel (2 accounts) on release day, they were always the classes we missed in our groups in the very early days and chain stun in rvr was quite good :)

G

gwal

what u trying to do with this thread?

whether they wanna admit it or not, most ppl would go for the strongest class, sooner or later, no secret in that.

but they´ll also keep shouting nerf, and complain about strong classes like savage.

and why shouldnt they do both of the above? if they didnt, zerker could still be 1 shotting casters.

S

Stallion-

Originally posted by hotrat
PBAE helps a lot to protect a chanter from being interupted, no other class in the game has that and such awesome ranged damage.

Put a savage vs a chanter, savage wins, 2 savage vs 2 chanter, still the savages, now add healing classes, pbt, guard, pets to interupt, stat debuffs, disease, now you got a fair fight. Swap the savages for any other melee class in the game and my money is on the chanters winning. Try using other casters to kill chanters instead (caster group instead of tank) oh wait mythic gave chanters baod as well for some insane reason that won't work either.Same here, its even worse when entire groups/guilds think they pwn when they keep killing balanced groups with their overpowered ones.

pbae helps from beeing interrupted? didnt know :p
and I dont think chanters are that overpowered... elds do far more dmg to grps with debuffs/disease then chanters ;) you just dont see it in direct dmg ;)

N

noaim

Originally posted by gwal
what u trying to do with this thread?

whether they wanna admit it or not, most ppl would go for the strongest class, sooner or later, no secret in that.

but they´ll also keep shouting nerf, and complain about strong classes like savage.

and why shouldnt they do both of the above? if they didnt, zerker could still be 1 shotting casters.

Yeah that was lovely...didnt even have to bother with assist, anything that didnt wear plate and had 800+ AF went down fast enough anyways ;)

Been thinking of waking up my zerker as 2h and try him, but not sure if its worth making a whole new studded set for...but the savage is getting boring...altho thats prolly because casters are so much more fun to play than tanks.

T

tildson

enchanters are overpowered compared to other casters, but afterall they are caster so :)

S

sigh

I genrally lvl under powered class with confidence that mythic will either improve them to a balanced level or make them over powered, pala and merc havent been hard done by, and got my wizzy waiting in the wings ;>

V

vintervargen

who cares if chanter is the best caster when mids could either;

a) ASD insta interrupt them

b) zerk oneshot them

c) savage quadkill them

:confused:

:m00:

K

Kallio

Originally posted by vintervargen
who cares if chanter is the best caster when mids could either;

a) ASD insta interrupt them

b) zerk oneshot them

c) savage quadkill them

:confused:

:m00:

a) ASD is fixed, thanks for that mythic.

b) I dont think zerks oneshot people nowdays too much anymore :eek7:

c)I bet that a chanter/eld could also quadkill a savage xD

But, someone asked what my point was.

The point is that there are people in this game in every realm that will play a "good" class cause they like it.

And there are people in the game that play some class (read: savage instead of zerker). Because they are much better and PWN much more.

There´s also people playing a class that want it brought in line, and there are those that dont want it cause they want to be uber.
:)m00: )

Also, everyone on these boards is saying that every group with 3 healers, shaman, and a number of tanks(at least 2 savas, otherwise not fotm enough) is uber, and kills every albgroup and hibgroup. That´s is utter shit, players make a huge difference.

There is such thing as skill, some people say that there isnt. But there is. Could say some people that cant play their class well and are high RR, and others that are RR3 and much better players.

Edit: Who invented this easy mode thing? I dont remember such being said when Hib was insanely overpowered, altho I remember some strong wajn by mids. Including me ;)

R

Rulke-RM

ofc its not like chanters can kill large numbers of players by standing still and pressing 1 button is it.

O

old.Icebreaker

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
ofc its not like chanters can kill large numbers of players by standing still and pressing 1 button is it.

Mid and Alb pbaoe classes can do that too. You just need a bunch of afk/stuck ppl.

R

Rulke-RM

Oops yeah, should have put PBAoE in there instead of chanters.

Users who are viewing this thread