Is determination overpowered or not?

P

Pandemic

as the main melee realm det is far more important to mids than any other realm so remove det completely for mids but give it free at lvl 6 to all albs and hibs
that should give mids morale a much needed boost
then in a few weeks when the mids on the remaining couple of US servers where mids still play leave, mythic can finally close midgard making a far more interesting game

Z

ztyx

I think determination is ok. I would rather see a reduction of the resistance buffs. That would also help casters in rvr. Too many tank groups today imo. *Hmm, then why am I thinking of leveling a tank?*

K

K0nah

determination is fine, resist buffs should be nurfed to 5/10/15% at most.

but that doesnt help hybrids ;/

give hybrids (that includes savages) det imo, but make it full price.

S

skile

Originally posted by -Nuked-
giv casters det and take it away from tanks, we are not overpowered. we are doing the dmg we should be, its tanks who are over powered.

heavy armor/light dmg/high hp
medium armor/medium dmg/high hp
light armor/heavy dmg/low hp

thats how i wish it should work anyway :rolleyes: but then again i am a caster

Ouch. A fg instamezzed and 5 eldriches pumping away. Na, thats to harsh.

S

skile

Btw, aren't Pbaoe grps pretty effective against tank grps?

P

pecka

Originally posted by skile
Btw, aren't Pbaoe grps pretty effective against tank grps?

With MoC up and a competent healer or 2 yes, very effective, if you can ask the tanks to pls stand still for 3-5 seconds first of course.

A

Antedeluvian

Originally posted by K0nah
determination is fine, resist buffs should be nurfed to 5/10/15% at most.

but that doesnt help hybrids ;/

give hybrids (that includes savages) det imo, but make it full price.

Agree.

B

benedictines

Nerf Det
Its ruining the game for non det classes

J

jox

When cc ruled, and tanks were weak, everyone, or at least many screamed nerf!

Mythic have balanced it with giving tanks(people WHITOUT stealth and range attacks!) deter/purge.

And you still complain? Hm...

It aint deter that is the problem, its the resists.

P

Pin

Originally posted by jox

Mythic have balanced it with giving tanks(people WHITOUT stealth and range attacks!) deter/purge.

And you still complain? Hm...

They didn't balance it. They, in the space of 3 weeks' worth of patches, gave tanke the ability to remove 95% of CC on them from:

Determination
Resists effecting CC
RAs to get more resists
AE radius falloff for CC

When pure tanks can remove/ignore/never get 95%, CC has not been balanced, its been destroyed.

But when everyone else can only remove 50% of CC it is even worse.

And it's not resist buffs that pushes if over the top. Det5 = 75%. 26% from items means 82% CC gone, vs 26% for the rest of the classes. NOT BALANCED!

F

Fagane

Originally posted by jox

Not true, Armsman can spec in crossbow, and in the US servers they claim that a spec of crossbow 50 with some S&S, can outdammage a Scout easily. Also Savage is not a tank, and Paladin is a tank. So all bullocks you are typing.

Originally posted by jox

Determination 4 = 60% CC resist
SC suit = 26% CC resist

I think its clear where the problem is. And add this up you come for a lousy 19rps to 86% CC resist, excl the cleric buffs. This also counts for Mid & Hib.

I find a savage overpowerd, but determin even more.

Fagane

O

old.anubis

btw, determ nerf is not against midgard aka "teh melee realm", but in favor of it

mid group: 3 healers, shaman, skald + tanks = 4 mezz classes + 3-4 root classes :doh:
and if it is pbae group? add couple more mezzes/roots :p

now look at alb melee group (1 root, 2 mezzes), and general hib group (2 roots, 1 mezz) :rolleyes:

J

Jiggs

If you nerf determination then BAoD becomes the single most powerful RA in the game.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by tildson
Other realms can manage as a tank/meleegroup (determination), whereas Hibs cant :/

I can't see why hibs can't manage as a tank group.... Just replace the 2 chanters for 2 bms

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Jiggs
If you nerf determination then BAoD becomes the single most powerful RA in the game.

and we cant have albion not having the most powerful ra, that costs 4rsps more then fucking bof&sos, which ofc suck tremendously

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Fagane
Also Savage is not a tank, and Paladin is a tank.
Yet again the mighty Fagane shows off his ubah game knowledge. Where the heck do you get the idea that Savages are not tanks?

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Pandemic
as the main melee realm det is far more important to mids than any other realm so remove det completely for mids but give it free at lvl 6 to all albs and hibs
that should give mids morale a much needed boost
then in a few weeks when the mids on the remaining couple of US servers where mids still play leave, mythic can finally close midgard making a far more interesting game
Midgard has the most CC options available and determination affects CC only, thus a nerf to determination is a boost to CC and since Midgard has the most CC options it follows that it's a boost to Midgard.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by lofff
tbh i think its way overrated, cos i tell yah top resist buffs + aom2 + 2xGP + selfpurge means i barely ever find myself CCed, and when it happens it never lasts longer than 10sec
got det 3 on my hero, det 0 on my casters, it's not overrated imo

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by tildson

Remove determination for all classes except the primary ones, Warrior/Armsman/Hero should be able to have it.

i agree on that one
give deter only on primary tanks of each realm.....giving deter on savages zerkers and such classes just fook the game

J

jox

Guess I got owned :D

But couldnt 1 fg albs own a savage-based group?

1 Sorc
1 Cleric(with a wellplaced BoF the savages are fucked?)
1 Pally
1 Mincer
4 armsmen with deter 3+

A

Arnor

zerkers actually need determination now, with the un-nerfed savage atleast. There is NO reason to group a zerker if he aint got pf for instance (from an uberness viewpoint) if you start removing determination from savages, well there is another reason to group a zerk. But removing det from savages and zerkers will just boil it down again to pf/backstun. Why should warriors/hero/armsman get determination and not zerker? Zerker aint got flurry or increased bleeds. The REASON determination came was to help ppl w/o ranged abilities worth a fuck have something to say. And I really feel sorry for the thanes/chimps/valewalkers and reavers to some extent, not "fitting" in a perfect group is just plain balls.

Imo, cap det at 3.

S

samildanachh

need to sacrifice a tank for a cleric these days :d

ye i think det is overpowered and infact the whole way that cc as barely no effect on tank grps.
avg grp resists will be like 40% +det4 a mez is not going to last more than a few seconds.

While i dont belive det shuld be removed it shuld be at 10% and cost summin like 1 3 6 10.
not 1,2,3,6 cuz thats is rediculous tbh for such a powerful ra.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by jox
Guess I got owned :D

But couldnt 1 fg albs own a savage-based group?

1 Sorc
1 Cleric(with a wellplaced BoF the savages are fucked?)
1 Pally
1 Mincer
4 armsmen with deter 3+

1sorc
2clerics
1paladin
1minstrel
3 merc's

Just as good as any midgard tank group prepatch, but now with savages, it's not an even fight anymore if bf/sos is down, and favour to alb's if bf/sos is up, so kindda unfair for alb's(respect to bf!)...

J

Javai

Originally posted by zmurf
1sorc
2clerics
1paladin
1minstrel
3 merc's

Just as good as any midgard tank group prepatch, but now with savages, it's not an even fight anymore if bf/sos is down, and favour to alb's if bf/sos is up, so kindda unfair for alb's(respect to bf!)...

Against Mids I favour a tank group without the Sorc, extra space can be filled with a necro or scout or 4th tank. Necros are nice in tanks groups, AF debuff on MA target is very very nice indeed.

Against Hibs you kinda screwed without amnesia :)

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by skile
Ouch. A fg instamezzed and 5 eldriches pumping away. Na, thats to harsh.

not really :) as soon as we break mezz tanks can attack the caster(s) ... as soon as a tank breaks a casters mezz all that happens is you cant do anything due to interrupt code

S

StormriderX

Personally:

De facto cc immunity at only 22 rsp (rr3l2 0_o so hard to get) and 1 rsp cheaper than what it costs for a hybrid to get ip, I'd say its pretty overpowered and needs toning down.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Javai
Against Mids I favour a tank group without the Sorc, extra space can be filled with a necro or scout or 4th tank. Necros are nice in tanks groups, AF debuff on MA target is very very nice indeed.

Against Hibs you kinda screwed without amnesia :)

lol no sorc ? sorc got the best cc in the game, and on support it forces atleast 1 to use purge (30min timer, so not even sure it's up), so that person can demezz rest ... or force all to purge = no purge for slam, and af debuff is good, but not needed with minstrel, paladin, merc, merc, merc on same target ...

Users who are viewing this thread