Infs with BG

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
censi said:
yadeniel.

your just spouting random crap. this is about stealther balance. sure theres other imbalances in daoc this post is talking about the one stealthers are faced with.

sure archers gonna be great in NF. but this post isnt about all that. read it again and take a deep breath and post something relevent about the points I was raising. im not saying im right or wrong. I have not played a mincer to any gr8 extent but like I say I dont just think alb have a small advantage in stealth RVR, its like if they are good (ie TOA'd, high RR, ML10) they should pretty much win in all circumstances.

without disrespecting your average alb stealther grunt. its only the fact that most of them are not good (ie not TOA'd, high RR, ML10) that we get away with it. those that know what they are doing though cant loose really. or?
Because Albs have more classes and there isnt enough ML's to go round is prolly the easy answer.

Mythic screwed up, but its by design, hence you have healers with FZ and Infs with BG, if everybody was the same it would be boring.

Nobody is ever going to admit it was a cockup, few people will admit thier class is overpowered, things happen.

Perhaps giving Infs BG was to make them group friendly...who knows.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Read the manual.... NS are strong casters who can stealth... or something like that :p

Strong casters get Stormlord ! xD

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Puppet said:
Your logic is flawed. Mids are not supposed to be the best melee realm and Hibs are not supposed to be the best magic realm.

Its mostly a 'theme' to the realm: Midgard has on average 'stronger' races and more 'Viking-classes' and all classes can use a two-handed weapon.

Hibernia most classes have a mana-pool OR have a magical-ability: Hero can shapeshift magically into a moose, Blademaster can summon magically a third blade. Rest of the classes has some sort of magic and spells.

Albion is the more defensive realm. Mercenary has a tier higher armour then the other light-tanks, armsman, paladin have a tier higher armour then the other heavy tanks and shield users can equip a tier-higher shield then their counterparts (Cleric: Medium Shield, Reaver/Paladin: Large Shield).

'Midgard is the melee-realm' was never intend to mean: We have the most overpowered hard hitting melee-classes.
However the statement is not born out in fact.

You are more likely to be killed by a Hib using magic, you are more likely to be killed by a Mid with melee and you are more likely to live after an encounter with a fg of albs...

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Spix said:
One big reason that mid stealthers "zerg" is partly because of the minstrel, atleast that is why I have started to hang around with my hunter friends, not more then 3 in group though most of the time. Going emain there is 9 times out of 10 you get stunned mezzed, zephyred etc and a hangaround infil PA you or a scout crit. while you stand totaly imobilized (If only there was a way to laugh spam while stunned/mezzed)... velly fun, and Albs that dont think it is unfair that albs have a support class in the stealth war combined with already existing best assassin and shield spec archer (guard!) with best bows can fuck off, realy.
Havent yet seen a BGed minstrel but it wouldnt be any change since I am 100% dead if there is one grouped with a infil or scout anyway. I mostly never even get a chanse to fight back, and that is ok ofcourse.
Hope hibs and mids get a third stealther in catacombs that evens the field to the same level as it is now or make hibs and mids alot better then albs, sorry but I hate alb stealthers that much mostly because you ignore the facts or defend the imbalance :flame:

lol stealthers have grouped since day one, I have no idea what planet you come from but you need to get out more.

There is imbalances wherever you look, speed on archer classes, dual wielding archer classes, faster draw times etc etc who gives a flying bollock.

Clearly you forget the time when asassins had IP now that was a sight to behold. The game changes, sometimes better sometimes worse, the only constant is that some wont agree with those changes.

I'm not sure that asking somebody to agree that thier class is overpowered serves any purpose other than for flame bait in 2 months time.

Powerslave

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think bg on minstrels is a serious problem, since it lowers the infil's evade rate to 70%, and its much easier to kill him.

in any case, with or without bg, a serious player would always kill the assasin first (no ra's like ap-ip)

mezz poison much better ^^

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
Read the manual.... NS are strong casters who can stealth... or something like that :p

Strong casters get Stormlord ! xD

LOL xDD

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
censi said:
dude. sure mid can muster up some nice SZ and hib to (but not as often).. but come on the alb stealth zerg is just light years ahead. reality check needed there i think

but the post was just more a QQ about mincers and infs having bodyguard.

would have been nice for mythic to realise the advantage albion already has with the mincer when assigning which of the 2 assasin classes gets the uber BM and which one gets the shaft with the SM.

infs getting SM and stormlord seemed a way they could balance it up but they chose to shaft the underdog hib and give lov to the realm that already has the best assasin class, arguably the best archers (with TOA and NF), has an extreme population advantage, and has mincers to boot.

alb players on the whole wont conceed this or will just say its ok because they are underpowered in normal RVR, seems to be the general consensus.
Its about realm balance I thought, not balance amongst specific classes.

Just ask an Alb about insta mez, gp, castable stun, pbaoe, intercepting pets
Just ask an Mid about Sos, BoF, bolt range mez, gp
Just ask an Hib about whatever is left and some of the above

All realms are differant and specific classes never understand that whilst you might get a nerf somebody in your realm might get a boost, I have given up trying to understand some of the shit that Mythic do, but one thing I do know is that all three realms think the others have something they should have.

I still win the same number of fights with my stealther that I used to with unnerfed DF, whats funny is watching people purge the lower stun, I land it more now than I used too also :)

I find my wizard has naff all variety in spells and doesnt have speed, considering my class is supposed to be the major dmg do'er in Alb I hate it when I am systematically ripped apart by a caster of equal level that consistently hits for far more than relic bonuses should give them. My Cabi pet does not intercept or do cute chanter pet things, my armsman is fucking useless for fwiw anymore. My Scout is fun but hitting yellow mobs for 30dmg with my sword aint my idea fun, my Cleric is actualy fun to play though the claims of aoe mez are erm slight exagerated, my Necro is nigh on useless in openfield rvr, my sorc rocks & CC is ace, but wearing cloth I have a big feck orf target on my head, 2 hits from a granny and I'm owned.

Now there is a few things that I have issues with and I bet that people that play them better than me more activily will have more arguments than me, all the other realms will be the same I suspect.

Differant strokes for differant folks.

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Powerslave said:
i dont think bg on minstrels is a serious problem, since it lowers the infil's evade rate to 70%, and its much easier to kill him.

in any case, with or without bg, a serious player would always kill the assasin first (no ra's like ap-ip)

mezz poison much better ^^

Agree with that can't see why you should go for mincer first with ap, ip etc any decent infil will have killed both sb's before the mincer is down.

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Jaond said:
Agree with that can't see why you should go for mincer first with ap, ip etc any decent infil will have killed both sb's before the mincer is down.

Any decent mincer will zephr away one of the sb's and inst stun the other. Then he aoe mezz them both and pick em off one by one during which time he runs ablative chant for the infil and himself :x

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Larc said:
bla bla bla bla bla aoe mezz them both bla bla bla bla
Yeah, sure. Try ST mezz times two, AoE mezz is (a) crap duration, (b) extremely slow to cast, and (c) has too small a radius to realistically affect two SBs, one of which has been FZed away.

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Yeah, sure...bla bla bla bla bla bla...been FZed away.
No, you're wrong belomar. Or you aren't a decent mincer :p

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Robby said:
Hibernia and Midgard have instamezz: mids and hibs think it's fair
Hibernia and midgard have shapeshift: mids and hibs think it's fair
Hibernia has group purge: hibs think it's fair
Midgard does alarmclockraids: Mids think it's fair cause it's a game that can be played at night, but when albs do it u are mad at us for not being fair.

Interesting that albs can't shapeshift... :rolleyes:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Lethul said:
he probably means phaseshift :confused:
I thing he is referring to moose and rat mode.

Do you ever get the feelign that if Mythic gave the Armsman some sort of stag/zerk mode it would turn out to be a feckin donkey?

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
dunno about you, but giving infs (who are already the best assasin class) bodyguard when you have minstrals to stealth grp with is a bit too tasty for my liking.

Its like you have to attack the inf, which allows minstral (who were previously our primary target) to let rip with CC.

when AM is available for mincers I can see lots of no win situations for the other realms.

having minstrals available in itself is a hug advantage but when they are BG'd its just pain.

Im not sure what albs think about this, I had my fair share of pwning and more of my share of getting pwned but I would just like to see some balance. It doesnt really take a rocket scientist to deduce that albion stealthers have like a HUGE advantage. Am i wrong, what do the albs think?

maybe removal of SH with eleviate the pain, but that doesnt address the balane issue as all realm benefit equally (or arguably albion benefit more cuz im sure mincers hate SH just as much as I do)

Todays little afternoon hib stealther group :

Ozrique
Clicc
Adari
Aloca
Censimilla <-- !
Cyclodia
Chova

Why do you whine about BG, is it such a huge problem ?

Hib stealthers are to stealthwar what albion warders are to normal rvr.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:

Do you ever get the feelign that if Mythic gave the Armsman some sort of stag/zerk mode it would turn out to be a feckin donkey?

rat mode = zerk = light tank = merc DT which isnt that bad, though not so useful in grpwarfare
Arms got plate instead of scale :< well that seems to be the logical answer if i were mythic. :)

-Freezingwiz- said:
and clerics have spec AF ! w000t :p

and now mincers have ablabtive chant !

... in other words !...

If u can't kill us u can't win :p

and yes Mincers are overpowered xD 2bad we still can't solo now-a-days because of the mid/hib stealthzerg...

I haven't gotten more then 10k rps the last week on mincer because I log when I get zerged a few times zZzzZzzZz

I even tried odins yesterday... jumped a hero and a Ranger.... and 1½ FG hibs ran BACK(!) towards htk when I jumped them.... fun fun

2nd tri in odins ... was hitting a speedwarp .. got jumped by a NS and a ranger... got the NS down to 10% hp and a FG hibs came down from htk and after they killed me they ran back up again(same grp as last).... yay when they can't stealth zerg they call fgs to add...

emain is even worse atm... u rarely see duo'ers anymore... now it is trio or more zzZZZZzzzZ :twak:

but well at least mincers+bot can farm artys for my new chars :p

Have u ever... ever.. thought of camping brefine? Why go where the zergs is when u obviously don't like that kind of gaming?... Do yourself a favor and use ur drum and go hunt elsewhere far away from the zergs.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Dorin said:
rat mode = zerk = light tank = merc DT which isnt that bad, though not so useful in grpwarfare
Arms got plate instead of scale :< well that seems to be the logical answer if i were mythic. :)
Maybe Donkey mode would be too good then :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Kinad said:

Ozrique
Clicc
Adari
Aloca
Censimilla <-- !
Cyclodia
Chova

Clicc, now theres a name I've not seen for a looooong time..

That git killed my Arms when I was about 30odd in Snowdonia :)

I wasnt happy if I recall :)

Khartoum

Fledgling Freddie
Think about it for a second, Censi. And while you are up to discuss stealth RVR balance, why not adress the issue of scouts underpower vs ranger/hunter?

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:

Still fair when Arms has to double spec at the same time?

Adari

Part of the furniture
Kinad said:

Ozrique
Clicc
Adari
Aloca
Censimilla <-- !
Cyclodia
Chova

my name should be first

FOR I AM CAPTAIN BREHON

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Think about it for a second, Censi. And while you are up to discuss stealth RVR balance, why not adress the issue of scouts underpower vs ranger/hunter?

I cannot comment on this as every scout I see runs in the other direction when I make any form of aggressive movement.

seriously though theres nothing in it between scouts hunters and rangers.

Sure rangers pwn scouts in toe to toe dick swinging, but in arrow slinging scouts are the leetest and their defense is going to make them the best of the archers in NF.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tay said:

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom