Infs with BG

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
wonder if wittor gonna respec back to battlemaster now, when he sees that its fotm.

Wonder if Vintervargen gonna buy a battlemaster infill now, when he sees that its fotm :eek:

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
i cant understand why alb stealthers dont agree it is a bit unfair... the minser was super strong in stealthers wars before toa... and with a BG pard a soujnere minser should be able to kill loads of enemy stealthers

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yadeniel.

your just spouting random crap. this is about stealther balance. sure theres other imbalances in daoc this post is talking about the one stealthers are faced with.

sure archers gonna be great in NF. but this post isnt about all that. read it again and take a deep breath and post something relevent about the points I was raising. im not saying im right or wrong. I have not played a mincer to any gr8 extent but like I say I dont just think alb have a small advantage in stealth RVR, its like if they are good (ie TOA'd, high RR, ML10) they should pretty much win in all circumstances.

without disrespecting your average alb stealther grunt. its only the fact that most of them are not good (ie not TOA'd, high RR, ML10) that we get away with it. those that know what they are doing though cant loose really. or?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
i cant understand why alb stealthers dont agree it is a bit unfair... the minser was super strong in stealthers wars before toa... and with a BG pard a soujnere minser should be able to kill loads of enemy stealthers

cudos filip, your not as bad as i thought you was ;)

and cant ppl agree that the alb stealth-logic is abit circular? I mean, they say that its ok that alb sthealthers are overpowered because mids/hibs are overpowered in normal rvr. Wouldnt you be able to apply the same (faulty) logic the other way? its ok that hib/mid is overpowered in normal rvr, since albs are overpowered in stealthwars?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
maybe problem solved if the new classes for mid and hib are stealthers with limited CC and speed?

coutinho

Fledgling Freddie
Plz, dont forget that since beta, mids r supposed to be the best melee realm and hibs the best magic realm?
whats the prob of albs having the best stealthers??

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
maybe problem solved if the new classes for mid and hib are stealthers with limited CC and speed?

possible, especially given that we get 2 classes (ie one charmer and petspammer for mid)

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Why should all the realms be the same?

And no i wouldnt give up Battlemaster, throw wep is teh rox!.

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
aye a huge bullseye over ur head and evade penalty is great.

thats why most ml10 infils/sbs i know respecced spymaster.

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
Yadeniel said:
how u have so much strengh and dex? :p

cap increase? RAs?

If you mean my template...It's fucked to hell and back btw..

325 str and 402 dex buffed but low on con like a fucking lvl 24 inf in BG1 ;)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Appollo said:
Why should all the realms be the same?

And no i wouldnt give up Battlemaster, throw wep is teh rox!.

uniformity isnt a requirement for equality m8

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Jaond said:
Wonder if Vintervargen gonna buy a battlemaster infill now, when he sees that its fotm :eek:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

stallowned.jpg

Adari

Part of the furniture
I've been duoing as a battlemaster for a day or two now, pretty good fun.

karpathus

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
dunno about you, but giving infs (who are already the best assasin class) bodyguard when you have minstrals to stealth grp with is a bit too tasty for my liking.

Its like you have to attack the inf, which allows minstral (who were previously our primary target) to let rip with CC.

when AM is available for mincers I can see lots of no win situations for the other realms.

having minstrals available in itself is a hug advantage but when they are BG'd its just pain.

Im not sure what albs think about this, I had my fair share of pwning and more of my share of getting pwned but I would just like to see some balance. It doesnt really take a rocket scientist to deduce that albion stealthers have like a HUGE advantage. Am i wrong, what do the albs think?

maybe removal of SH with eleviate the pain, but that doesnt address the balane issue as all realm benefit equally (or arguably albion benefit more cuz im sure mincers hate SH just as much as I do)

Bah that's nothing. Remove the walk-into-wall-stand-in-middle command Hunters have. Cunningly displayed on this picture.

http://www.mezelle.dk/daoc/sshot007.jpg

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
yadeniel.

your just spouting random crap. this is about stealther balance. sure theres other imbalances in daoc this post is talking about the one stealthers are faced with.

sure archers gonna be great in NF. but this post isnt about all that. read it again and take a deep breath and post something relevent about the points I was raising. im not saying im right or wrong. I have not played a mincer to any gr8 extent but like I say I dont just think alb have a small advantage in stealth RVR, its like if they are good (ie TOA'd, high RR, ML10) they should pretty much win in all circumstances.

without disrespecting your average alb stealther grunt. its only the fact that most of them are not good (ie not TOA'd, high RR, ML10) that we get away with it. those that know what they are doing though cant loose really. or?

No offense but..BG can be useful vs Post Mortem grps who TS/SL each mg they come across.

And not even 1 infil/mincer is "win" vs 3-4-5-6-7-8 hib stealthers.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Jaond said:

seeing how funny you are, cant you list all the fotm's vintervargen has?

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
seeing how funny you are, cant you list all the fotm's vintervargen has?

Why should I and where do I say he got lots of fotm's ?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I think Bodyguard on a stealther is a bit silly.

Shadowzerg hits Infil with their axes.
Infil is being Bodyguarded by Scout and must be killed first.
Shadowzerg is only too happy to oblidge.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
coutinho said:
Plz, dont forget that since beta, mids r supposed to be the best melee realm and hibs the best magic realm?
whats the prob of albs having the best stealthers??

Your logic is flawed. Mids are not supposed to be the best melee realm and Hibs are not supposed to be the best magic realm.

Its mostly a 'theme' to the realm: Midgard has on average 'stronger' races and more 'Viking-classes' and all classes can use a two-handed weapon.

Hibernia most classes have a mana-pool OR have a magical-ability: Hero can shapeshift magically into a moose, Blademaster can summon magically a third blade. Rest of the classes has some sort of magic and spells.

Albion is the more defensive realm. Mercenary has a tier higher armour then the other light-tanks, armsman, paladin have a tier higher armour then the other heavy tanks and shield users can equip a tier-higher shield then their counterparts (Cleric: Medium Shield, Reaver/Paladin: Large Shield).

'Midgard is the melee-realm' was never intend to mean: We have the most overpowered hard hitting melee-classes.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Your logic is flawed. Mids are not supposed to be the best melee realm and Hibs are not supposed to be the best magic realm.

Its mostly a 'theme' to the realm: Midgard has on average 'stronger' races and more 'Viking-classes' and all classes can use a two-handed weapon.

Hibernia most classes have a mana-pool OR have a magical-ability: Hero can shapeshift magically into a moose, Blademaster can summon magically a third blade. Rest of the classes has some sort of magic and spells.

Albion is the more defensive realm. Mercenary has a tier higher armour then the other light-tanks, armsman, paladin have a tier higher armour then the other heavy tanks and shield users can equip a tier-higher shield then their counterparts (Cleric: Medium Shield, Reaver/Paladin: Large Shield).

'Midgard is the melee-realm' was never intend to mean: We have the most overpowered hard hitting melee-classes.

and clerics have spec AF ! w000t :p

and now mincers have ablabtive chant !

... in other words !...

If u can't kill us u can't win :p

and yes Mincers are overpowered xD 2bad we still can't solo now-a-days because of the mid/hib stealthzerg...

I haven't gotten more then 10k rps the last week on mincer because I log when I get zerged a few times zZzzZzzZz

I even tried odins yesterday... jumped a hero and a Ranger.... and 1½ FG hibs ran BACK(!) towards htk when I jumped them.... fun fun

2nd tri in odins ... was hitting a speedwarp .. got jumped by a NS and a ranger... got the NS down to 10% hp and a FG hibs came down from htk and after they killed me they ran back up again(same grp as last).... yay when they can't stealth zerg they call fgs to add...

emain is even worse atm... u rarely see duo'ers anymore... now it is trio or more zzZZZZzzzZ :twak:

but well at least mincers+bot can farm artys for my new chars :p

Tsukiko

Fledgling Freddie
I have no problems wif infi's getting battlemaster line, but I think its stupid NS dont have the option to go for it.
SB + Infi have the choice to go battlemaster/spymaster.
hunters/rangers/scouts have the choice to go sojourner/battlemaster.
Mincers is a class on its own, so cant compare it.

NS can pick spymaster/stormlord, ofcourse we all know stormlord rox :cool:
But I still would have liked the same choices as the other assassins.
It only seems fair, when looking at the class/choice list.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Loxleyhood said:

I'd rather do it the other direction lox =) infil BG'ing a scout so the one can release mighty arrows of pain =)

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:

For soloer (ok, I duo some too) killing that scout can be a tad hard with few infs ans scouts hitting me while dancing to the tune of micners drums.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
One big reason that mid stealthers "zerg" is partly because of the minstrel, atleast that is why I have started to hang around with my hunter friends, not more then 3 in group though most of the time. Going emain there is 9 times out of 10 you get stunned mezzed, zephyred etc and a hangaround infil PA you or a scout crit. while you stand totaly imobilized (If only there was a way to laugh spam while stunned/mezzed)... velly fun, and Albs that dont think it is unfair that albs have a support class in the stealth war combined with already existing best assassin and shield spec archer (guard!) with best bows can fuck off, realy.
Havent yet seen a BGed minstrel but it wouldnt be any change since I am 100% dead if there is one grouped with a infil or scout anyway. I mostly never even get a chanse to fight back, and that is ok ofcourse.
Hope hibs and mids get a third stealther in catacombs that evens the field to the same level as it is now or make hibs and mids alot better then albs, sorry but I hate alb stealthers that much mostly because you ignore the facts or defend the imbalance :flame:

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
When asking in guild after frustrating emain run, what class?

"Titiiititiiiitiiiiiiiii! Swoooosh! Hack! Hack! Zap! Slash! Zappp! Slash! Aaaargh! /laugh"

No stealther got it wrong.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
and yes Mincers are overpowered xD 2bad we still can't solo now-a-days because of the mid/hib stealthzerg...

dude. sure mid can muster up some nice SZ and hib to (but not as often).. but come on the alb stealth zerg is just light years ahead. reality check needed there i think

but the post was just more a QQ about mincers and infs having bodyguard.

would have been nice for mythic to realise the advantage albion already has with the mincer when assigning which of the 2 assasin classes gets the uber BM and which one gets the shaft with the SM.

infs getting SM and stormlord seemed a way they could balance it up but they chose to shaft the underdog hib and give lov to the realm that already has the best assasin class, arguably the best archers (with TOA and NF), has an extreme population advantage, and has mincers to boot.

alb players on the whole wont conceed this or will just say its ok because they are underpowered in normal RVR, seems to be the general consensus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom