How is the gaem playing so far?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
How are you ppl enjoying it so far? How are the first levels compared to DaoC early days? Is every starter place crowded or you end up in some far off town where noone is (ak.a DaoC).

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Well Im all on my lonesome - Ive seena couple of folk around but not more than 2 or 3. Not sure how many have already gone beyond this point but I should think there are a few above me yet. Areas on this server (the role play one) dont seem that crowded so far so plenty of room for more here.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
on the standad core servver I play there are normaly about 20-30 people at each public quest.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
man its polished, best launch I've witnessed since COH/COV, and when you consider how much more complex it is maybe best launch.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
man its polished, best launch I've witnessed since COH/COV, and when you consider how much more complex it is maybe best launch.
yea i gotta rate this game 10/10 for launch content and polish.

it has more content than mmo's that have been around for years :O

shockingly good i can only imagine how much more awesome it would have been with the other citys in at launch.

im upto chapter 9 and i have yet to see the same mob with 10 different coloured skins unlike *cough* wow *cough*

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It's brilliant, most fun I've had in an online game in a while. wow and daoc to an extent towards the end began to feel like a grind.

This feels refreshing because I can have fun at any level, rather than grinding to 50/70, then grinding some more to get xxx items/abilities, then grinding some more to be able to begin to enjoy the pvp. The launch went well also

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
I came into the game not liking pvp content in any mmo before so i was hoping the pve would be good (i dunno if it is yet as in instances as i aint high enough to do one) but i must say this game has totally changed my mind about pvp in mmo's.When theres no lag (seems really bad at peak times at the mo) the scenarios are just a joy to play there are a few balancing issues but all mmo's have that,gfx on a good system are fantastic and the sound is as good as anything else i have played prob the best.The game is literally bursting with content youll never ever have to grind mobs in this game fed up questing go pvp,fed up with pvp go do a few pq's lol. 10/10 so far :cheers:

macshlong

Fledgling Freddie
I've been waiting for this game for over 5 years! and i would wait a further 5 years if i knew this is what i was going to get at the end. Everything is perfect imho :)

legar

Loyal Freddie
no clue, i do know i can't wait.. i have the box laying next to me but cant do anything with it untill tomorrow lol.. ;(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
you guys DO realise that PQ's are just another way of grinding levels right? :)

and as fun as they are at the early levels (and they ARE fun at the early levels) it aint THAT much different from rep grinding in WoW come lvl 25+ when you have to kill HUNDREDS of them at each stage. :)

its an endless row of "kill x of those and those and those, then have a go at the boss."

and with the odd "klick on this and that and that" THEN kill the boss ;)

and then do it all over again in the next chapter.

having said that, i was slightly disturbed that many quest mobs were in PQ zones. and if that PQ had advanced a stage there werent any of those mobs available.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
im loving it

never short on pve content, PQs are great fun, scenarios are even better, and fighting epic battles to capture the locations in the rvr zones just makes this the best game i have ever played

im loving it

MinT

Fledgling Freddie
Most polished MMO at launch I have seen for along time , if not ever.

Great, super, smashing, brill. :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
It's everything I would have wanted from a Warhammer game :)
PQ's are excellent, I'm still a bit too low-lvl to judge RvR, but scenarios are tons of fun.
There's always something to do.
And, as people already mentioned before, the launch went very smoothly.

Himse

FH is my second home
i love it already, i am casualing it, but im having alot of fun in rvr & doing the quests.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
I keep loling when someone compairs this to DAOC... ITS NOTHING LIKE DARK AGE OF CAMELOT!

I played DAOC for years and I cannot see any comparison expect for "Mythic" being the developer.

That aside i'm enjoying it very much, the RvR senario that High Elves play in the starting area is really enjoyable.

I'm a little disapointed with the art and design of biulding interiors....especially in the High Elf starter area....some other HE might know what i'm talking about..thier a quest to find 4 scrolls and then gather frozen tears? very ugly setup inside..and that yelling one of the NPC's keeps repeating every three seconds lol!

Overall I'm enjoying it so far

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Anyone completed the 8th PQ with the Ogres and final mob is a bloody giant one? Tried twice yesterday with group dying both times. Splatted my Sorc in 1 hit with a single 2.5k hit :( Hopefully will zerg it today. I want some revenge.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I keep loling when someone compairs this to DAOC... ITS NOTHING LIKE DARK AGE OF CAMELOT!

I played DAOC for years and I cannot see any comparison expect for "Mythic" being the developer.
ar

How is the tier2 RvR not similar to DAoC?

Anyways, it's great so far. I'm really impressed with the smoot release; no lag, no servers crashing (that I know of atleast..) I'm very happy that everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong in the open beta. Therefor, I see the open beta as a huge success.

B

Benedictine

Really enjoying it - and the best thing about it is the way they have done healers. I can spec a runie for heals and still solo in pvp (maybe shadow priest could do that, but with tactics it makes it a whole lot easier). Thank you Mythic!
:england:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Everyone is liking it, good sign :clap: Just have one question, hows the ambient music, like when you are running across a landscape?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
I'm not to sure on it so far, would prefer to have the grind daoc style with quests as a sideline or optional to leveling. Not as the easiest way to level like here. Classes don't seem to jump out at me atm but we'll see.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
I hate it. I always turn music off. But its seems particulary tinny and annoying in WAR.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say im enjoying the game and content is good.

But i wouldnt say its polished. i still get a fair amounts of bugs including quest i cant complete.

Lag issue are the same as in daoc . so much it looks like they have used the same coding. remember lag casting and players showing in front of you but they are miles away (ghosts)
and warping both mobs and players

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I hate it. I always turn music off. But its seems particulary tinny and annoying in WAR.

Love the DaoC ambient music when running across the albion mainland, hope im getting some similar relaxed music ;)

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, this is not going to be roses..........

Music part is ok, graphics are like daoc, not better i would say, dissapointing when you think of that 6½ years have passed and we now have G9800 and alike, where as we had TI4200 or alike cards when daoc came out.

Gameplay is somewhat ok, but i surely miss our healers, shammys with decent buffs, decent gear (crafted) crowd control etc. what made DaoC unique.

Public quests are ok, rvr is somewhat ok, all in all i would pay 1000 € or £ to get a decent server back in UK DaoC again anytime (this is said after having been in the closed beta since oct. last year, in the open beta and in pre game) I am happy so many like it, but tbh. i will give it a try for 3 months and if i am not happier than now, im out.

Rgds

Vonwar

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

Music part is ok, graphics are like daoc, not better i would say, dissapointing when you think of that 6½ years have passed and we now have G9800 and alike, where as we had TI4200 or alike cards when daoc came out.

Vonwar

Better put that in your sig...at least you wouldn't have to retype it in every single post you make ;)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
my pc owns DaoC, my phone could probably run DaoC, my pc slightly struggles to run warhammer (which imo is more of a memory/CPU issue than anything else)

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie

Gameplay is somewhat ok, but i surely miss our healers, shammys with decent buffs, decent gear (crafted) crowd control etc. what made DaoC unique.

Public quests are ok, rvr is somewhat ok, all in all i would pay 1000 € or £ to get a decent server back in UK DaoC again anytime (this is said after having been in the closed beta since oct. last year, in the open beta and in pre game) I am happy so many like it, but tbh. i will give it a try for 3 months and if i am not happier than now, im out.

Rgds

Vonwar

Oh dear shame your not enjoying it much, perhaps you should come to it with fresh eyes or perhaps your all mmo'd out at the moment, as for graphics could there be a problem with your card as it looks very nice on mine, it does have lots of little nice touches ,decent shadows nice water effects good detail up close etc :england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom