Rate WAR so far

Rate WAR out of 10

• Total voters

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Very good fun, let down by some fairly fundamental programming problems (line of sight, range, walls...), some abilities that just don't do what it says on the tin, strange CTDs, and several things that really should not have made it past Beta, especially since I know some of them were thoroughly reported by the testers.

There's a potentially superb game here, as it is I'm enjoying it a lot but as I progress in levels, and so use and see more different abilities come into play, the more bugs and glitches I see as well, which bothers me a lot when the game was delayed twice to sort things out :(

On the brighter side though, although GOA still seem not to have got the hang of dealing with customers yet, they are better than I remember from DAOC, and I can't give enough credit to Magnus, he's been excellent as far as I've seen. Not sure the rest of his company are at his level yet though, but he's apparently dragging them up to it. :D

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
Loving it 100%

Not experienced any problems on any scale that would deter me from that opinion, so i gave it a 10/10

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
6/10 - i.e. its better than average, but im not feeling the magic.

The graphics arent good enough to warrant the demand the game puts on the hardware. The world, despite having higher resolution textures than "that other game" doesnt feel as alive. Animations are subpar and tells you little about whats actually happening. Everything feels a bit clunky.

The npc/mob AI is completely retarded.

While ive yet to encounter game breaking bugs theres no lack of minor bugs.

Everything is starting to feel a bit repetative and grindy now at level 22.

Obviously the game has its good points as well but for me at least it isnt the holy grail. I dont regret buying it as i feel ive got my monies worth in terms of entertainment, but im very unsure wether i will sub for the next month or not.

Afran

Part of the furniture
9/10 thus far after summing everything up, there's still some obvious things missing and something needs to be done about scenarios at 40 and itemization at endgame, there's also quite a few minor changes that could make a big difference.

Afran

Part of the furniture
The graphics arent good enough to warrant the demand the game puts on the hardware. The world, despite having higher resolution textures than "that other game" doesnt feel as alive. Animations are subpar and tells you little about whats actually happening. Everything feels a bit clunky.

Huh :eek:

I don't get why anyone would say the graphics are bad, I'm running at 1920x1200 with max settings, high res textures, 16x AF 2x AA and it looks pretty darn amazing, I'd say (in MMO terms) second graphically to only LotRO.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Huh :eek:

I don't get why anyone would say the graphics are bad, I'm running at 1920x1200 with max settings, high res textures, 16x AF 2x AA and it looks pretty darn amazing, I'd say (in MMO terms) second graphically to only LotRO.

QFT!

I keep meaning to make comparion screens for the obviously blind people or people running on 10 year old PC's. :p

Toel

Loyal Freddie
QFT!

I keep meaning to make comparion screens for the obviously blind people or people running on 10 year old PC's. :p

Guessing some people haven't figured out a way to turn on the 'special' stuff. :p

Shirr

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Fana somwhat. The animations are subpar. In WoW they got that right. Emotes for example, however useless they might be to some people, I think they are important. It helps sucking you into the world of WAR. Right now I feel like i'm playing a wooden puppet! (High Elf)

And the endless list of silly bugs too ofc :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
7/10

Once they fix/polish:

-Combatanimationlag (its really really bad at times)
-Castanimationlag
-Various issues with LoS and distances clientwise vs serverside that makes melee a pain at times and also casting too at times.
-Some minor imbalances with some abilitys between mirrors that really shouldnt exist after beta.
-lag! Absolutely ridicilous that it lags when AoC doesnt. Memoryleaks shouldnt really exist either but it does.
-Itemization sucks real bad.. wth does sorc need weaponskill for, etc.. issues like that on tons of items.
-Craftinsystem need more polishing, its too avkward atm.
-Minimap bugs out too often resulting in a black map.. yay
-Chatsystem sucks arse.. its the worst ive seen, ever. This is a big reason as to why people in general talk so little i think, the chat drowns in useless spam from the game itself, everywhere more or less. It autofades despite that I dont want it to, settings sometimes just reset by themselves, this is a crucial part of the game and they really need to fix this quickly. It doesnt have hotlinking to items either and thats just pisspoor from a mmo 2008, the UI itself is just.. bad. DAoC was better and thats an ancient game at this date.
-Some guildfunctions need improvements, comments and such for each char to keep track of alts etc, promoting etc need to be easier aswell. why can there be only one GM? Its just dumb.
-Some scenarios need adjustments, there are alot of legit complaints about Tor Anroc for example, knockbacks win=poor design.
-Morales not firing properly is a really really bad.
-Animations overall are poorly designed imo, they could be better and more polished, many emotes doesnt even have an animation either.
-Combatsounds.. why does it sound swoosh when i bonk a 2h axe into someones head? Wtf Mythic? It should sound SMACK or BONK or CLONK! Not some weird swoosh.. Tons of combatsounds just suck totally.. Need a total rework here imo.
-Mobs teleporting.. bad
-Players teleporting, really bad.
-Here comes something that is really really important.. Order is in my opinion much much less polished. The looks of the classes comes to my mind first here.. Its not odd that destro outnumbers order in general, look at the characters, says it all really. Highelves look really ghey, Humans look.. well.. fugly at best, some faces are ok, but most are just fugly. Wimen in particular. The Chosen is probably the most badass looking class of them all in the game and order has nothing that comes even close when it comes to pure graphical design sadly. Have you seen those dwarven ladies.. i mean, hags? WTF Mythic? Ofc it matters. looks matters alot to alot of people and its simply not polished enough when it comes to Order, Destro looks good/okay for the biggest part, some flaws here too but overall, order really got the big shaft here. I hope they shape up when they release KoBS etc.
-Order lacks a brutal offensive tank that brings fear the same way as Marauders does. Not odd that there are shitloads of BWs around in order since orders MDPS are very nonappealing overall in comparison to Destros.

Nah.. I really like the game but Mythic has some work to do, they really do, if I was a fanboi I'd give em more than a 7 but.. thats all they really deserve at this time, fix issues and I'll raise the grade ofc :)

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
5/10 - Whilst the RvR is nice, there are alot of things I dont like with the game.

PvE - Seems very dull and boring
Server queues - Very annoying although they are going down a bit.
Server lag - there seems to be alot of server lag especially in large scale RvR where 5 to 10 seconds delay on spells hitting/healing targets seems common. Seen myself and others go from having thousands of health to 0 in a blink of an eye due to server lag.
Bugs - Bugs are to be expected in a new game, but still there are various annoying ones.
Class balance - Some classes really need to be improved or dulled down to come in line with others. But again its a new game, so to be expected.
Graphics and animations - The graphics seem a bit poor for such a new game requiring such high specs, and the animations look bad. (I have the settings very high and have a very new/highly specced computer)
Items - Alot of items in the game seem odd including PQ rewards and quest rewards. Things like +intel for melee class, +weapon skill for casters etc which are completely useless for those classes.

For me personally, I cant see why I would want to continue the game once the subscription period has ended, but obviously my opinion may change once I hit higher levels.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I only gave WAR 7/10, due to several things that need fixed and a rather shoddy client. Once the client is polished I'd give it 8/10.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
7/10.

Even though I'm loving the game I still have some issues I'd like to see fixed. As it's still only about three weeks old though, I'll just continue leveling alts.
The issues have been mentioned earlier on by others.

Just one thing that made me wonder. Are there any other WE/WH's running around getting hit out of 'stealth' while you are at about 30-60 feet range from them? Sometimes it doesn't even seem as if I'm 'stealthed' yet the timer is ticking and so are my action points.

Oh well, great game so far.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'll give it a 9/10, considering how much fun I've had recently defending keeps and attacking them, its great fun, the only problem with it at the mo, is all of the bugs! =[

I'm running around and the next minute, I'm flying! =P, and on Mourkain Temple, I actually lagged inside the temple, after experimenting, I found that I could actually nuke people through it, but I'm not that kind of person, so I jumped out, but that's a large issue, if that's there, then it will be abused. =)

I also love the fact that its not like Battlegrounds on DAOC, where you don't get a lot of rewards for doing RVR, you'll get no exp, etc, but on WAR, no, its fun, because you can level purely off the Scenairo's and I also strangely find the PVE quite fun also, because most mobs have abilities that will gank you =)

Thanks

Alex | Gwadien.

Pikey :iagree:

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
8/10 randomness of scenarios as you cant join with full guildgroup but people still rather go there insted of open RvR because of the rewards takes away 1p and then the bugs and the not so polished parts takes away another one.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
7/10

The Chosen is probably the most badass looking class of them all in the game and order has nothing that comes even close when it comes to pure graphical design sadly. Have you seen those dwarven ladies.. i mean, hags? WTF Mythic? Ofc it matters. looks matters alot to alot of people and its simply not polished enough when it comes to Order, Destro looks good/okay for the biggest part, some flaws here too but overall, order really got the big shaft here. I hope they shape up when they release KoBS etc.

i think the coolest tank would have been the de tank the black guard (or hopefully mythic will promote the executioner), really impressive compared to kobs

a really badass looking dps meleer would have been choppa.
no match for hammerer in looks, maybe dwarf slayers as mythic animated this dwarf in the very 1st video would have been a lot better in game
:drink:

3/10

Was in the beta, was chocked at the poor graphics and gameplay.. the WoW copycat ingame feel ( movement, graphics, style actual pace and gameplay ).

Even with the bad taste from the beta I bought a headstart account, played for 3-4 days then I couldn't force myself to log on anymore since the game was not entertaining at all for me :( ( actually gave away my account after like a week )

Played together with a cupple of mates from Black Falcons so wasn't lack for ingame friends that spoiled it for me, was the actual game.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I got as far as this sentence and stopped. You have no sense of gaming history.

Try to answer to the points he made instead of attacking him personally maybe?

Point-and-click, silly circles, check WoW.
UI, check WoW.
Fantasy setting with gay elves, check WoW (don't care all using GW IP, GW didn't invent elves and co, some dudes writing books did).

Graphics are subpar compared to every recent MMOG released.

If those are reasons for him to stop playing, fair enough, at least he isn't running around and screaming of how Warhammer beats the crap out of about every PvP based game out there.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
The worst things are scenarios that are not capped at lvl 39.. this is really gamebreaking atm, however I see a lot more ppl roam in open rvr in T4 lately. So maybe theres hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom