How is the gaem playing so far?

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
Enjoying it a lot.
But, I wouldn't say it was "polished". I'm getting a lot of bugs, more and more as I get on. Mostly graphical bugs. My shamans purple chest armour, seems to be bare chested and a little loin cloth, except I have what seems to be a sleave on the back of my left arm. Spell effects not completing and never going away. Animations that don't complete and don't go away.
A lot of weird lag and warping mobs. I entered the 1st green/dwarf scenario, was running up the ramp, and warped up to the top of giant flame. Died getting down, but it took me a while to figure out where I was, due to the screeen being covered in flames.
Had a bug where I couldn't interact with items in my backpack, other than to sell them.
Occasional crash to desktop, made much worse by the hour long queue to get back into the server.

However, all in all it's playable and fun, so I'm not complaining. But calling it "very polished, best launch ever" seems a bit over the top.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Enjoying it a lot.
But, I wouldn't say it was "polished". I'm getting a lot of bugs, more and more as I get on. Mostly graphical bugs. My shamans purple chest armour, seems to be bare chested and a little loin cloth, except I have what seems to be a sleave on the back of my left arm. Spell effects not completing and never going away. Animations that don't complete and don't go away.
A lot of weird lag and warping mobs. I entered the 1st green/dwarf scenario, was running up the ramp, and warped up to the top of giant flame. Died getting down, but it took me a while to figure out where I was, due to the screeen being covered in flames.
Had a bug where I couldn't interact with items in my backpack, other than to sell them.
Occasional crash to desktop, made much worse by the hour long queue to get back into the server.

However, all in all it's playable and fun, so I'm not complaining. But calling it "very polished, best launch ever" seems a bit over the top.

Strange, I've been playing like a madman these last days, and I never encountered any issues like those.
Are you sure it's not your rig?

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Also there's a bug with Marauder graphics where the appearance of your character randomly changes when you equip new item or zone.

Mutating the arm restores your original appearance but your face in your target bar still remains bugged.

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
Well, game looks nice even on lowest settings (which I'm using). Overall it's good, not too bug riddled.

Like Zagzyg said there is still a few bugs though, most aren't really gamebreaking issues. I've had the "can't interact with items in your backpack" several times and it basically need a relog to go away.

Then it is the graphic glitches, snares that remain minutes after it stop affecting you etc. Neither of those bugs have really interfered with me having a good time playing anyway so overall I'd say it is a good game and it will only get better with time as they get to iron out those few annoyances.

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
Strange, I've been playing like a madman these last days, and I never encountered any issues like those.
Are you sure it's not your rig?
Not that I can tell.
The lag it may possibly be video lag, so I may try turning down to lowest settings, but I wouldn't expect my rig to struggle with these graphics.
The spell grpahics and animation gliches are in game, other people can see them as well.
The backpack glich I can't imagine being hardware.

Oh, and my chat box keeps moving itself back the top of the screen and getting kind of jammed, whereupon I need to right click it until it responds, then unlock/lock/unlock before I can move it again to the bottom of my screen.
There seems to be no way of removing certain spam from a chat box, mainly loot spam.

The game has never yet managed to exit, always ends with a "failing to respond" and "terminate process" option. This and the occasional crash to desktops may be my side, but I don't have any problems in other applications/games.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Not that I can tell.
The lag it may possibly be video lag, so I may try turning down to lowest settings, but I wouldn't expect my rig to struggle with these graphics.
The spell grpahics and animation gliches are in game, other people can see them as well.
The backpack glich I can't imagine being hardware.

Oh, and my chat box keeps moving itself back the top of the screen and getting kind of jammed, whereupon I need to right click it until it responds, then unlock/lock/unlock before I can move it again to the bottom of my screen.
There seems to be no way of removing certain spam from a chat box, mainly loot spam.

The game has never yet managed to exit, always ends with a "failing to respond" and "terminate process" option. This and the occasional crash to desktops may be my side, but I don't have any problems in other applications/games.

Well, maybe I was just lucky, since there are many people complaining about graphic bugs.
I'm just lucky when it comes to that (even in AoC I encountered very little bugs)

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
Well, maybe I was just lucky, since there are many people complaining about graphic bugs.
I'm just lucky when it comes to that (even in AoC I encountered very little bugs)
I had very little problem with AoC in that respect as well, only the stuff that was missing completely.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I also could never close the game down, always crashed and I have had small issues with the chat box moving and animations still playing even though the spell has ended but not very often and certainly not game breaking :)

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
I also could never close the game down, always crashed and I have had small issues with the chat box moving and animations still playing even though the spell has ended but not very often and certainly not game breaking :)

Enjoying it a lot.
But, I wouldn't say it was "polished".
Oh I agree, well mostly not game breaking. The lag problem can get to game breaking in certain areas.

I was mostly responding the rampant fanbois, but failed to quote them :)
man its polished, best launch I've witnessed since COH/COV, and when you consider how much more complex it is maybe best launch.

yea i gotta rate this game 10/10 for launch content and polish.

it has more content than mmo's that have been around for years :O

shockingly good i can only imagine how much more awesome it would have been with the other citys in at launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom