WAR freezes when playing on my laptop

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hi all i thought i'd ask here as i'm at a loss as to why it keeps freezing basically my specs

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M11x R2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU U 640 @ 1.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM
Page File: 1456MB used, 6329MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GT 335M with 1gig of memory.

Onto the freezes/crashes i just don't know what's causing them i've tried other video card drivers sometimes i can literally play the game for a few hours without a single hitch with everything maxed out i've tried putting the graphics down to their lowest setting but still the game will freeze at a random point.

The game will freeze not my machine so i then have to go into proceses and end it, but when i try and restart WAR i will get so far as entering my login details and pressing enter then nothing happens i did this a few times and went into processes again and noticed 3 instances of WAR running.

So i then have to restart my machine but this is when it gets interesting my machine will start the process of shutting down it gets to the stage where it says 'shutting down' and won't move off that i will then have to hold the power button in and turn off the machine completely.

At first i thought it was only PQ's that cause the crashes but it's happened quite a few times when i'm not doing a PQ.

I then thought it might be over heating my laptop isn't even luke warm+ it sits on a note book cooler but i downloaded CUPID anyway and my temps for the graphics card when running the game are at around 50-58 degrees c. Which i believe is very cool temp wise.

I don't even get BSOD so i can get an error report so i could post that for you tech guys around here to muddle through the errors.

Any suggestions? i'm really enjoying the game me and my gf play together she plays on the desktop with no probs but i fear i may no longer be able to play because of the frequency of the freezes sometimes the game will freeze after 5-10mins of play.

Thanks.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
you tried running a RAM stress test?

even tho it doesent crash other games there might still be something in the RAM thats borked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom