Issues so far...

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Aside from the obvious problems with servers and random crashes has anybody else been noticing areas that can be improved?

This is what I've come up with so far:

PQ loot- it seems you can fight back to back PQs and still end up with a bad role and get no loot but other times you can join a PQ at the very end, score a few hits and win the role and get loot with the least contribution. Perhaps reducing the percentage the random role represents and increasing the contribution and persistance percentage.

Logging out - Takes far too long when you're running late for work. I don't know how it worked in DAOC but in WoW logging out was instant in an inn or city.

I'm sure I have more but thats all I can think of at the moment :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Unable to invite eligible guilds to Alliance. This is becoming a big bugbear very fast. After forming the initial alliance, we cannot invite the other guilds we arranged to land on the server with. All we get is "player not found" when trying to invite. The candidate guild is of an appropriate level, the character being invited on their behalf is the Guild leader, we are in the same zone and have even been in the same group. No dice.

Client-side incompatibilities with software firewalls - the game locks the screen at that phase in the process while the client tries to talk to the game servers and you cannot acknowledge the message from your firewall to let it through. Only way round this I've found is to reset the machine, update the firewall manually after a WAR patch then it will continue just fine. This could be improved. Heh, this was a problem back in DAoC originally too in exactly the same way.

Magus pet sometimes will not re-target mobs after you just killed a mob. Sometimes it seems to freeze for a very long time before noticing you are mashing your keyboard trying to get it to attack the new mob.

Magus sometimes doesn't stop its casting animation. It looks cool going around with a red glowy trail from your hands but I bet this isn't as intended ;)

Can't enter The Viper Pit even though guild is eligible. Unsure if this is bug or of its something that we need to do as Destruction on a server basis to activate the area.

Banker in Inevitable City can go missing. No clear indication of location of guild bank. More signposts in IC would be nice, as would more Mouse-Over type signs. Where did all the vendors in the Apex go that were in beta? For a bustling city it was pretty hard last night to find a place I could sell my loot.

Some of the Orc NPCs in one of the T2 camps are wobbling around spastically outside the door to one of the huts and have been for several days now. Its rather disconcerting.

Mourkain Temple is an appallingly designed scenario, but thats more balance and such rather than direct bug issues. Any scenario which allows (nay, encourages) you to guard hug and kill players is bad bad bad. Anyone DPS'ing from the base should automatically be plopped onto the main battlefield floor or some other mechanic employed to stop this. 'Creative' jumping should be eliminated so that relic carrier cannot get to a difficult to reach location away from melee classes allowing ranged DPS to safely bombard those attempting to retake the relic from the afore-mentioned guard-hugging safe location. On this subject, when the opposing force tries to remove the players that are guard hugging inevitably sometimes an NPC mega champ uber crusher comes down and wipes most of the raid. Not fun.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Sometimes after extended play, I get low framerates (30-40), only to be cruising at 70 odd a few minutes later.
I seem to have 70~fps in scenarios without fail, no matter how many on screen, but in PvE occasionaly I get a lot less, without any particular reason, other than I've heard quite major memory leaks are going around.

Would just like a stable framerate of 60+ like I did in OB, and I'm a happy man!

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
sometimes my DoK forgets to draw his weapons, fighting barehanded instead, have to click the sheethe button 20 times before it actually realizes he have to draw steel.

in invitible (sp?) city i managed to fall through the floor and die twice.

mobs that are out of range and suddenly 200 feet down the road shooting you happens 8 out of 10 times for me

part from that im cool, altho as ever I would reaaaaaally like to have a walk button since im a rper :p

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
Defence a key word in RvR,yet as someone who will defend i have a serious issue with the game design i get about 300 rp a game if im lucky by defending the flag ect.. now the zergers get anything up to 1000 rp something needs to be done as i can get more rp by zerging than i can by winning.Simply put they give you no reason to play RvR as it was intended.

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes after extended play, I get low framerates (30-40), only to be cruising at 70 odd a few minutes later.
I seem to have 70~fps in scenarios without fail, no matter how many on screen, but in PvE occasionaly I get a lot less, without any particular reason, other than I've heard quite major memory leaks are going around.

Would just like a stable framerate of 60+ like I did in OB, and I'm a happy man!

I had the same problems, and I found that while the client uses around 600mb of memory at the initial launch it rather fast flows up to 850mb and stays there for the most part. I had the framerate issue and check my memory usage and it came up as 1.4gb used just for WAR. Restarting the clients ofcause ... but with well over 30mins queue who'd do that, so I went RvR insted of PvE.

Animations on the sorcerers's spells are often missing and as such I end up using the same spell more the once because the animation dosent show. Which for a dark magic user can mean death BACKSLASH ! Model stuck in casting mode, while running around ... or Posing mode.

Client vanishing and have to be restarted.
I play in windowed since other wise I cant use any other applications, since alt+tab dosent work. Good thing that there is no windows frame around it while running it at 1650 * 1050 windowed.

Odd drop rate on Cultivating seeds, a gazillion more then needed.

No difference between green, blue and purple items, the last a few levels and dosent really look any different from each other.

There was one other thing I wanted to put down but I forgot what it was. But its an overall great game, I really enjoy the mix of PvE and RvR.

Oh yeah and there seem to be a bug with noobs filling up tier 1 Scenarios.

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
There isn't much variety in the weapons as far as I can see, certainly nowhere near the variation that other similar games like WoW has got.
I've had several staffs for my Archmage now, but only actually 2 different looking ones, despite my current one being a purple item. I would've at least expected that to look a little different.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
There isn't much variety in the weapons as far as I can see, certainly nowhere near the variation that other similar games like WoW has got.
I've had several staffs for my Archmage now, but only actually 2 different looking ones, despite my current one being a purple item. I would've at least expected that to look a little different.

Nah I think they're trying to keep away from the gear > skill that warcraft has so I would be expecting to pick up cool looking items until you get the armour sets

Bloody hell guys have you guys been playing this 24/7, I've been concentrating on my witchhunter since monday and I've only just dinged 13. Don't go ruining the game by racing to the end and demanding more content like the WoW mafia did.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Group bars don't seem to have an option to NOT fade out, when they do fade out as a healer it can be annoying as sometimes they do not appear fast enough, and before you know it the person is on 30% hp.. It would be nice to have the option to keep them up.

The chat box, Even if I disable text fading, my text still fades away. The option to untick fade text, or set the fade time to 5 minutes does not seem to save after relog. It only seems to work for a short period then the text in the chatbox starts to dissapear again.

also, during game play after running through a pvp battlefield, when I flag /pvp off, it says 10 minutes until the pvp flag will be removed, but somtimes it doesn't seem to drop until I zone. Does this happen to any one else?

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
Can't enter The Viper Pit even though guild is eligible. Unsure if this is bug or of its something that we need to do as Destruction on a server basis to activate the area.

need to get your city rank to a certain level first

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
need to get your city rank to a certain level first
city lvl2 opens up the guild taverns.

two things i would like.

1, keeps to have a flight master for the controlling side but it can not be used if the keep is under siege to give no advantage other than faster zone travel.

warcamps not beeing in every zone bugs me its to much running for no reason and having a flight master in keeps would be a nice benefit for your faction owning it.

2, the capital city's should have a scenario queue that lets you enter any scenario for your level.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ah righty, cheers.

2, the capital city's should have a scenario queue that lets you enter any scenario for your level.

Aye, I'd forgotten that little pecadillo.

Really any scenario from your tier should be available as an option no matter where you are. It will spread the load and get more people playing more of the time if they wish it. As it stands we have to got to get people to go into each zone briefly to get us into each queue when we're making a scenario group.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Ah righty, cheers.

Aye, I'd forgotten that little pecadillo.

Really any scenario from your tier should be available as an option no matter where you are. It will spread the load and get more people playing more of the time if they wish it. As it stands we have to got to get people to go into each zone briefly to get us into each queue when we're making a scenario group.
they could fix that without forcing the party to be in the greenskins zones or whatever though.

i mean it as a way to get more people in the deserted capital citys

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
"Group bars don't seem to have an option to NOT fade out, when they do fade out as a healer it can be annoying as sometimes they do not appear fast enough, and before you know it the person is on 30% hp.. It would be nice to have the option to keep them up." - True, true.. And don't forget the half heartattack you sometimes get when it fades and you think they are about to die while actually at 100%.

Mail - Want to be able to send multiple items in one mail. Due to the 20 second delay between mails it's annoying to try and send something.

Debuffs that don't drop graphics after effect has run off. Happens mostly in PvE afaik. It's the root thing that puts a load of stone on your feet and I've had some fire DoT effect on me for a few hours as well with an annoying sound attached to it while it isn't really doing anything.

The "I can't rightclick/interact with items in my backpack" bug. It goes away if I relog but with an hour queue that isn't always the best option.

Also just did a quest in Ellyrion, name with "the Blind" or something like that which had a big "NOT USED" text attached to it, it didn't yield any experience or anything at all but could be completed so guessing it's not supposed to be in the game.

Well, that is all I can remember at the top of my head.

/Narzion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom