Rate WAR so far

Rate WAR out of 10

• Total voters

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
8/10

smooth launch, UBER game.

fixing the CTD stuff would raise it to 9/10 for me.
fixing some other bugs would get it another 0.5 extra for me.

if they fix the CTDs, it will be the best MMO yet for me.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I voted 8 aswell. The scenarios are a bit of a let down for me, I was hoping for RvR but now everyone play instanced PvP :(

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
10/10 here

It's been awhile since I had this much fun playing a game really. The RvR rocks and thats really all I care for atm and hence the 10/10. I realise there're bugs and a memory leak and what not but those really don't make me enjoy the game less for now.

I'm a bit curious as why people would mention queues in this thread. I mean a queue has nothing to do with the ingame features and they will probably go away anyway in a couple of weeks.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I voted 8 aswell. The scenarios are a bit of a let down for me, I was hoping for RvR but now everyone play instanced PvP :(

are plenty of people in open rvr aswell, atleat on karak-atzel, and its just on the way up, will see way more open rvr in the T4 zone once people start getting there

- English -

Resident Freddy
i take it people are refering to the terrain bug with the memory leak? I put it down to a lazy graphics card driver. Other than that i havent encountered any bugs / crashes

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
are plenty of people in open rvr aswell, atleat on karak-atzel, and its just on the way up, will see way more open rvr in the T4 zone once people start getting there
y once u can, Praag is the place to be :)

and the endgame gave me a galladoria feeling, with some pvp flavour :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
A while back i'd have gone 9/10 without hesitation, but since experiencing the tier 2 fiasco it's dropped to a 7.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
That is their opinion. Their experience of the game so far has nothing to do with yours. I see Killder voted 2/10, but no-one jumps on him asking "why, why!" If he dosen't like the game, then he has the right to vote for whatever score he deems necessary.

You are right. Just find it much easier to believe people give it a 2/10 then a 10/10.

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
8/10
The game is great, but the PQ system is not that great when order is so under manned, most of the times i run around alone and try to take down the boss..... but as more ppl get onboard, the PQ will allso get more ppl in them.

I think i will rate the game higher, when my broke friends get the game, cause you just have to play it with others, makes it much more fun.

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
A while back i'd have gone 9/10 without hesitation, but since experiencing the tier 2 fiasco it's dropped to a 7.

What do you see as the tier2 fiasco? Just wondering as I only recently started leveling there ...

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
ive put 8/10 but ask me in a months time and you may get it raised to 9/10 if they sort out ctds and when the server balance has settled down.

it might get 10/10 a few months in :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
7/10

Marked down because of:

- Poor client performance (it's a hog)
- Queues without any solution from GOA
- Server crashes
- Occasional client crashes
- Various little ingame bugs
- Poorly designed scenarios
- Class balance needs improving
- Bit of an awkward CE release with limited servers

But overall it's quite fun and refreshing in many areas compared to other MMORPGs. An extra couple of weeks would've gone a long way to polish the game.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I've given a 6/10.

Substracted a point each for:

-1: Bloated client and game in general suffering from the same old issues DAoC had (LoS, ghosting, mobs in geometry), the poorly working collision detection, the bad camera which zooms you in so often. Exiting the game takes for ever. Too many general bugs and glitches: mobs not attackable but attacking you, ability/spell effects interpolating all the time, broken quests with no chance to finish the objective.

-2: horrible user interface, you have to play on a resolution higher than 1280x1024 to get anything out of it, those circles with the faces of the characters and the knicknack are horrible. The scaling down itself is pointless with the standard fantasy font which scales poorly. There are different styles of look for group bars for scenario party and war party and the normal party, not sure why. For sure the group one is the worst. Firing morale abilities does not work half of the time.

-3: Scenarios are not divided between party (party signup) and random scenarios (solo signup), usually the side with the partial guild group on voice comms will win. You can't queue for any of the tier n scenarios from anywhere, but you have to be in a specific place to do it, I think this is pointless for something that is so repetitive.

-4: The look of the game is not good, this starts with the crappy WoW-like-UI, the silly looking circles and the super highlighting (oh look, a WHITE high elve!) you get when you target someone, elves and dwarfs feel cartoony, especially the elves in a very bad way, the other races do not. Often quest objects are super highlighted too, so 8 year olds can find them in the game world.

Gave a point each for:

+1: Overall good game idea and design.

+2: You can PvP from the beginning in different ways and it's actually funny.

+3: World is big and little instanced.

+4: It seems to NOT be a loot game (I might be wrong).

+5: Interesting classes and spec/career options.

+6: The game is run by GOA in Europe. A huge plus as they know their borderline sociopath players in and out and know how to please them.

Forgotten.

Fledgling Freddie
I gave it an 8/10...

I think mythic have done a great job and produced a fab game... but there is bugs which hit me hard as a White lion, but im sure with time these will be sorted ...

One thing i dont like is Mythics partnership with GOA, their service is crap to say the least, EA have excelled pretty much on their web design and customer services where as GOA website very rarely works has 10% of the functionality as the EA one.

Valdur

Fledgling Freddie
I gave it 8/10 for most things that have been said previously.The game need some liitle fixes here and there but nothing game breaking until now.We had a keep raid last night and it was a blast as it has been a very long time since I enjoy RvR/PvP.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry mator, but I do more in the game than just to run with a DI bot stuck to my caster and F8-nuke :p.

If you don't agree with any of the points I have made you're free to say so and also why.

i just found point +6 that you made majorly amusing, my :lol: wasn`t ment as a flame or anything, it was just made me laugh out loud ;) for the rest it was a rather well constructed list of arguments with i mostly agree except for -4, the white elves, but that`s just a mater of personal taste i like my dark elf who looks as if he has never seen a bit of sunlight in his life.

argument +6 was just a funny ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
i just found point 6 that you made majorly amusing, it wasn`t ment as a flame or anything, it just made me laugh out loud ;) for the rest it was a rather well constructed list of arguments with i mostly agree.

argument 6 was just a funny ;)

Ah, I see. I tried hard! I thought you laughed about my (+)6/10 :p.

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
9/10. Im not entirely happy with the PVE so far, but after a couple of years of warcraft i suppose i am pretty much PVE-ed out.

I have never enjoyed pvp as much as i do in WAR though. Maybe i chose overpowered classes, i dont know, but i really feel like i can really affect the battle as either my runepriest, warrior priest and bright mage. More so than i ever felt in a battleground in WoW.

All of them are great fun. I think mythic really hit the bullseye pvp-wise.

There is a lot of bugs though. I suppose i should lower the score for that, but... Nah.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
9/10 for an MMO launch +game so far.

Missing things:

Item linking in chat
Marking system ( makes keep and dungeon stuff a bit more of a pain than it should be ).
Auto Dismount option when using ability ( I have a mod that does this now but it sucks not having it as an option ).

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
8/10

Small bugs are starting to irritate after two weeks, Elitism is rife on the server (guilds claming PQs anyone who tries to assist gets told to fuck off), unfriendly/thick as two short planks players in scenarios and queues bring it down from a 9.

I'll push though though it's a damn site better than AoC and an improvement over WoW.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
s (guilds claming PQs anyone who tries to assist gets told to fuck off)

Hmm maybe need reminding of what the P stands for, surely isn't worth the bad feeling for loot you grow out of in a few levels :(

Thankfully not yet experienced that at all on our server.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I give it 9/10.

Excellent launch and all round game design. The only faults I have with it so far are that PQ's are little too random on the loot roll for my liking, a lucky roll can see someone who has done nearly nothing get a top 3 reward, whereas a guy who slogged his guts out from the beginning can sometimes end up outside of the loot.

Secondly, I don't like the chat window, can't separate any of them and I often miss people talking to me simply because it whizzes by too quickly. I'm probably missing something though.

Third problem isn't really a game flaw, simply a matter of population. This game is swarming with Destro players, and although I can chortle away at their queue times while I merrily PvE my arse off, the Order side can't get anything done outside of scenarios in RvR.
My understanding is that you need a keep in order to get renown gear beyond rank 8, and we don't have any, anywhere. We held one briefly a few nights ago but there was only 15 of us (a bloody good turn out) and the Destro side simply swamped us.

All in all, a bloody good game with only minor quibbles to be had. Kicks the shit out of WoW.

WarStyle

Fledgling Freddie
10/10 -- loving the PvP. In PVE I feel bad not reading all the quests lore someone obviously went to a great effort with each and every one.

I actually think the quests are decent..

Come on at launch how many games are this good and fun..! hope it continues..

WarStyle

Toel

Loyal Freddie
9/10 - Loving it so far, sure, few issues here and there but all in all it's something I can see myself playing for a long time. :)

'Edit' - I don't see a reason for why you added a score below 7 to be honest. :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
7/10
Mainly cause the are 3-4 game breaking bugs that need a fix right now not tomorrow.
Fixed those, the game is grat and since it's young and all, a nice experience so far.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
8/10. Spoilt by the CTD’s and some of the CC. I’m left feeling that AE mezz might be the better of 2 evils atm

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
6/10 here

Very smooth launch (the actual launch, open beta not included) and the game itself is based on a very nice Lore, worked out very well and very easily accessible by players new to the MMO genre

but after following the WAR development from scratch, I'm pretty much dissapointed, would have loved to give the game alot more, as in 9/10 (10/10 can't do, that's DAoC and there'll never be anything like that again)

I just don't know... The game feeling is different from what I had expected at all. Same with endgame, strange stuff! The game also feels so "arcade-ish".
There's a few other "lacks" I can mention, but most are common for everyone so no need to repeat them :p
Tbh, I'm not sure if I'll resub immediately once my free month (and week) runs out. Maybe I'll give the game some more time to give players the chance to get 40, so that we (Order/KEP) can stand a chance at least in endgame RvR, plus it gives Mythic some time to improve it aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom