Guildwars server is up!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
:p Name is Chodax Oblivion for your friends lists

lefo

Fledgling Freddie
Ehh, i already deleted the game client after seeing toon with pink hair.
For me its just another Mainly-For-Asia-Game. No thanks.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
lefo said:
Ehh, i already deleted the game client after seeing toon with pink hair.
For me its just another Mainly-For-Asia-Game. No thanks.

Silly sod, it is nothing like those daft Jap games or I wouldn't play ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Conchabar said:
wtf i thought it was tomorow fs

They extended it for a day because there was huge demand on the download, far more than they could have hoped for.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Conchabar said:
hmm:) what have u done so far :p

Ran around doing quests and got a few drops plus skill stones. Some nice eyecandy and quests work very well for an alpha. Then I teleported to the PvP arena for some nice 4v4 group combat, fast and frantic, just how I like it :) Zoned over to the tombs and got an 8 man group going. Started a mission and successfully drove back the undead attack, then had to get the NPC we were protecting to the centre of the zone safely. To make it interesting there are 2 other 8 man groups with the same goal for their NPC and only one can occupy the 'dais' so we had to fight each other off for 10 mins. Last group standing on the 'dais' when the timer expired won the mission and got exp plus some skill stones. Alot of fun indeedy :)

Obviously as the game is alpha it needs work, interface is nice although chat needs work. There are niggly little bugs when forming groups but they are going to hotfix that I am told. The graphics are lush, not breathtaking but very nice and it compliments the style. Controls are responsive and when you press a spell button in combat you don't have to wait 4 secs till the game re-acts unlike many other MMORPG's. The PvE is enjoyable, the PvP is madness as everyone is learning to play but one thing it definatly has is fun and playabilty.

lefo

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i decided to give it another try and i was right. Its comlete japanese hentai manga game for leet koreans. btw, the group wars are sily at lvl 15.
Realy not a game for me :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
lefo said:
Well, i decided to give it another try and i was right. Its comlete japanese hentai manga game for leet koreans. btw, the group wars are sily at lvl 15.

Where the hell is the hentai? There are no schoolgirls or elves :p

bult

Loyal Freddie
made a warrior/necro was nice but some ranger hybrid thing seemed to pwn me. She looked like a caster but had a bow and kept snaring me and kite was fygging annoying.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
lefo said:
lol try L2 then try this
it's nothing compaired to elfs running in thongs with their arses in the air

I tried Necro/Monk and had fun skillz

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
it feels to arcadey i dunno y it just does.. good laugh i must admit had a hint of cs for me in the pvp aspect :d.. although i dont think i would play this game :)

oh yer and rangers really do sux i dont care what u say they really do sux !

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Remember that Guildwars will not be subscription based, they will run the business of retail sales and new expansions every 6 months.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Just hope it does not turn into another lineage2 where 40% of the players are chineese adena farmers that dont speak english and sells on ebay. :p

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Remember that Guildwars will not be subscription based, they will run the business of retail sales and new expansions every 6 months.
didnt think it would be subscription based didnt feel like that type of game tbh

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Conchabar said:
didnt think it would be subscription based didnt feel like that type of game tbh

Don't base your judgement of that solely on the alpha, it is missing many untested zones and features. When leveling and proper group questing/exping is enabled it will feel much more like a MMORPG. Same goes for the PvP, only the most basic arenas have been enabled for the public alpha and the game has more than 6 months before it is due to go retail. The thing I like about the game is the way it rewards far more for completing quests than it does for chain killing mobs. After playing MMORPG's for five years there is only so much camping/killing I can handle nowdays. Guildwars looks ideal for people like me who enjoy questing and fast paced PvP but I will reserve judgement till retail, many things could change between now and then. As it stands it is a very good alpha that is fun and easy to pickup.

Cyfr

Banned
Hehehe... the game rocks, god knows how I chose my class but I ended up being a necro / elementist somehow :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol im a necro elementist as well r4h!!! 25 wins 0 losses its hard to be this good xD followed by 10 wins 0 losses :<

Noita

Fledgling Freddie
My Necro/Ranger has some mad |33tsk33lz0rz

"Noitas Necro" is the name if you wanna say hi - made an elementalist too but she was a bit poo so keeled her :p

Fab game.. had the client for a cpl days - thanks for the heads up on the server opening Chodax :)

Game sure looks lovely, plays nice and will be worth looking at for sure in Beta/Live versions.

Very nice except for one itty bitty thing... my Elementalist... looked like something from Alice in Bloody Wonderland! Damn she had to die...really!

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing it all night - Ranger/Monk name of 'Beta Babe'. Similar skills required as my daoc cleric - hence I was complimented on my healing :cheers:

Fun, yes a little bit arcade like but it shows alot of promise. ON the 4v4 we had a straight run of I think it was 8 victories without a defeat.

Done pvp, solo/group quests - interface needs a bit of work and as someone said, chat is a bit awkward. Graphics are reasonable but not next generation. Being a pvp freak I like the way the level grind looks like it will be limited to instanced quests.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It's a lot like the NwN multiplayer in its current form. Tbh I got bored with it after about 30 minutes but nothing keeps my attention these days. I think I'm going braindead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom