GOA for teh win

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Wonder what kind of work you got if u are here posting each minute posting here , poor boss he though you are competent.

Gamah

Banned
I'm not at work, took a few days off to play catacombs...oh hang on, I can't find it anywhere :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
always a good laff to see mid/alb QQ about hib/prydwen, even more funneh if we look into teh past ^^

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
always a good laff to see mid/alb QQ about hib/prydwen, even more funneh if we look into teh past ^^
STFU, you were from Pry/Hib and you always was QQing about it :D

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Im sorry Jup did we slip in to an alternate reality where you were a helpfull member of the community? Pot kettle situation indeed.

He shortly stepped in your alternate reality...

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Just for Puppet, who thought last weeks numbers of Mid/Alb: 9 million, Hib: 11 million were random happenings:

Hibernia: 12 398 714
Midgard: 8 228 731
Albion: 6 606 615

Notice how Hibernia raised another million while both Midgard and Albion dropped.
Please also notice how the supposed biggest realm now is hitting near 50% LW-RP of what the supposed underpopulated realm is creating.

So, the current situation is, that Hibernia creates twice as much BP's as Albion, while Hibernia pays half as many BP's for keep upkeeps as Albion. GoA is sleeping.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Avalon / Hibernia
Azathrom
Vrrroom

Oh, the guy who said ranger is a key class :clap:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
Oh, the guy who said ranger is a key class :clap:

Yes, I want to be FOTM too! :)

The ranger is whooping level 5 now, ready for some Fins loving when time permits. :)

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I cannot say I keep up to date with the numbers but I seem to re-call a couple of points Req and GOA made.

Firstly I imagine it is not straightforward to monitor a situation to see how many players are active in a realm in terms of RvR. I may be completely wrong here but I suspect there are a fair few mids and albs who have decided not to RvR at the moment.

Using lw-rps is not a good indicator of under-population. You cannot change the 'bonus' every week in line with them. If you do, then that does penalise the active and successful realm.

What GOA and Requiel both said is the position would be monitored and adjusted as necessary - quite how long the monitoring period and what the adjustment will be we do not know but I am sure Catacombs (where's my copy) will further complicate things.

The last few days has seen up to 50 mids/albs attacking keeps and tbh that is about as many toons as we have defending, maybe even more. I think you just give up too easily. A few hibbies and a few albs (with some mids here and there) had a lot of fun in Leirvik yesterday by keep coming back and trying again. Albs won in the end, but it was fun (that's why we play ?) and competitive.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
So, the current situation is, that Hibernia creates twice as much BP's as Albion, while Hibernia pays half as many BP's for keep upkeeps as Albion. GoA is sleeping.

Incorrect: Hibernia pays at the moment full cost for both ailinne as scat.

Add to that we holded 2 Albion (or was it Midgard?) keeps and you see we spend prolly more BP then you guys xD

Just get out in RvR; and you get RP and BP.

http://members.home.nl/dh6a/underpopulated.jpg

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm Puppet, that was possible the worst given argument ever.

Your 50% welfare discount allows you to hold 2-4 enemy keeps, while holding Scathaig/Allaini at level 8+ and still have your normal keeps at a fairly decent level.

This compared to Albs/Mids that seems very fond of yellow/orange keeps ... since, well, they can't afford more.

I don't think trying to build an argument, that your welfare bonus is ok, due to having to safehold 2 relics and alot of enemy keeps is very clever. :)

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
I'm suffering from compassion fatigue.

Mael, 50th ment.

roflz :)

seriously tho...this is getting old, we all know hibs the most active rvr realm atm but that not the same as being the highest populated. Thats basicly what it boils down to and no amount of QQkachu is gona change it :p

If something changes im sure goa will adjust the bonuses, till then just chill out, its not even that big a deal :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:

seriously tho...this is getting old, we all know hibs the most active rvr realm atm but that not the same as being the highest populated. Thats basicly what it boils down to and no amount of QQkachu is gona change it :p

If something changes im sure goa will adjust the bonuses, till then just chill out, its not even that big a deal :p

They should just make the upkeep and rp bonuses equal. That's the only fair thing to do.

And yes, it is a big deal. I don't run in a group on Prydwen, so I run a stealther. And, I hear the /bu, the /gu and even sometimes the /as where people get hit by this. I see people try to take Hib keeps, to find they can't handle the red/purple guards and equal or superior number hibs. Then they realise that hibs easily can afford that purple keep, while their own guild struggles to hold a level 5 keep.

That's when they log or go do some PvE instead. That's why it's a big deal and it's something that needs to be hammered until GoA changes this.

The upkeep and RP bonus is purely RvR bonuses and hibs don't need that at the moment. It's not a short time trend as Requiel seems to belive, it's a long term situation that needs to be addressed.

Only way to get Albs and Mids out is to boost morale. By GoA's action of keep giving welfare to Hib in this situation, you keep beating down any growing morale. A change like this is in Hibs interest too, since I don't belive the common joke that Hibs prefers to PvE keeps.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i think GOA are stupid for applying all the underpopulated bonuses on a low population server like ourselves cos it simply doesn't work. Hib is still probably lowest populated realm but i dont think the difference is as huge as it was. I dont think many people would argue that hib should be getting some incentives to roll chars there such as free levels every 2 days, higher xp bonuses etc. However when it comes to keep upkeep, its v silly with the current situation cos no realm is making enough rps to hold keeps at reasonable levels but only one realm is getting any help for it. Example with my own guild, we earn about a million rps a week atm which isn't so bad, only problem being is that it isn't enough to sustain the keep we have at lvl 6, nevermind anything higher.

It does have an effect on rvr too. Alot of albs are thinking 'hmm, why bother defend or do retakes when we cant claim or only claim at lvl 5, may as well lvl an alt instead'. Was looking at Alb keeps yesterday, 1 green keep, 1 yellow, 2 oranges. Similar story in mid as far as i could see. Popped over to hib and the whole lot are purp and red. Kinda puts people off going for relics too, it'd be crazy to organise a relic raid and then have it sat in a yellow con keep so it got retaken by a random group at 3 in the morning.

Dont blame hibs in anyway, they are just taking advantage of the situation, the realms doing well, lots of peeps out, its good to see. Just a little help for mid\alb and i think there would be far more activity. Wouldn't be an issue really but alb has v few active rvr guilds now and casual players need to see positive things in the frontier for them to decide they want to rvr.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Eroda said:
Dont blame hibs in anyway, they are just taking advantage of the situation, the realms doing well, lots of peeps out, its good to see. Just a little help for mid\alb and i think there would be far more activity. Wouldn't be an issue really but alb has v few active rvr guilds now and casual players need to see positive things in the frontier for them to decide they want to rvr.

Excactly! Very well put. :)

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
first there is NO WAY hibs population difference is 2 day level -7 day level big. that difference is waaaay too large imo. sure give the hibs some incentive, but also give mids and albs one too. maybe give us 75% keep costs and a 5-6 day free level. its being dont on most the us servers it seems.... for a small server the upkeep costs are just too much atm :(

ooooh come take our lv6 keeps while we try to attack your guarenteed lv10 ones. fsck we cant even have out towers high level anymore :(

add the fact that i swear hibs play 24/7 ;)

did any of that make sense?

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
So because it costs more to maintain a keep compared to hibs, albs/mids go pve and earn 0 bp, instead of carry on rvr and get same amount Bp as they always have? yep makes total sence to me....

And they belive that because hibs even though underpopulated as a ream, enjoy going rvr more than alb/mids (who seem to preffer pve) should be punished for actualy going rvr?

Bonuses as said are based on population, not who likes to rvr, or who goes pve because they think rvr is too hard, get used to it, sure the bp bonus may seem unfair, but the free levs has sod all to do with who goes where in the game...

Vrisslar

One of Freddy's beloved
imo all this can be sorted very simple.

PvE bonus and RP/BP bonus = realm with lowest numbers of players.

Keep cost bonus = realm with lowest last month RP and if difference is no bigger then like 2 mill RP no bonus to any realm.

might just be me tho :p

vriss

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Jacilja said:
So because it costs more to maintain a keep compared to hibs, albs/mids go pve and earn 0 bp, instead of carry on rvr and get same amount Bp as they always have? yep makes total sence to me....

And they belive that because hibs even though underpopulated as a ream, enjoy going rvr more than alb/mids (who seem to preffer pve) should be punished for actualy going rvr?

Bonuses as said are based on population, not who likes to rvr, or who goes pve because they think rvr is too hard, get used to it, sure the bp bonus may seem unfair, but the free levs has sod all to do with who goes where in the game...

did you even read it? your saying the mids that DO rvr should be punished for there realms lack of rvr activity? and i never said punish hibs, what would hibs lose from mids and albs getting a slight reduction in keep costs too cos we CLEARLY cant keep up with it...

ffs think hiblet, think! :p other than "im a hib and im winning everything is a whine!!"

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:

/Salute , Atleast some people can understand population imbalance :fluffle:

Eroda said:
It does have an effect on rvr too. Alot of albs are thinking 'hmm, why bother defend or do retakes when we cant claim or only claim at lvl 5, may as well lvl an alt instead'.

Erm, Stop leveling alts then? if you can outnumber hibs then use the olden day zerg tactics to get the towers and BP's back.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Aeris said:
did you even read it? your saying the mids that DO rvr should be punished for there realms lack of rvr activity? and i never said punish hibs, what would hibs lose from mids and albs getting a slight reduction in keep costs too cos we CLEARLY cant keep up with it...

ffs think hiblet, think! :p other than "im a hib and im winning everything is a whine!!"

most my alts are mid. only recently started to play hib/pyrd again and tbh i think players will whine, cry and throw there rattle regardless of anything added/removed from game...

As i said sure the bonus may seem unfair, but throwing your rattle out of the pram and nolonger going rvr isn't going to increase the BP avalible to your realm/guilds ability to hold and upkeep there keeps.....

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
wow you really didnt read it

each person that plays this game is an individual person. so because majority of mid decides to not rvr, the ones who do are punished becasue we "have the numbers", whom dont play :p im not whining im saying that a bonus, though maybe not as great as hib, for mids and albs for upkeep would be nice. only makes sense to me i spose :p

/no spitting dummy, throwing rattle or any other puns. just a suggestion. but because it MAY affect your master plan for world domination, you go and QQ at it ;)

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Treeeebeard said:
/Salute , Atleast some people can understand population imbalance :fluffle:

Erm, Stop leveling alts then? if you can outnumber hibs then use the olden day zerg tactics to get the towers and BP's back.

I rvr every night in general.

Point im trying to make is i dont think theres enough rps on offer (unless u play all day) to sustain a keep at a high level. I look at hib guilds, they are not making millions more rps than albs so how is it right that our highest rp earners can barely afford to hold a keep at lvl 5/6? People will say hibs built up BPs but *shocker* some alb guilds did too and now have hardly any left.

Would u be quite as eager to defend your keeps if a fg of bored people could take them in the middle of the night without too many problems cos of their low level? Cos thats exactly what happens to alb\mid on a regular basis. I dont blame hibs for this at all, i feel the current situation is creating an imbalance with regards to keep action though.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Eroda said:
[...] I feel the current situation is creating an imbalance with regards to keep action though.

I am actually more concearned that the current situation is leading to an even worse situation.

We are currently patching to a PvE expansion with new classes. That's not going to drag Mids/Albs out more.

So, the situation is, that people feel they get screwed over by GoA: They feel Hibs are on GoA financed welfare while hibs at the same time own the frontiers with superior numbers, higher level keep and more relics.

So, they have the choise of going into that RvR situation or go PvE in the new expansion and level a new class in new dungeons. For many, that's not a tough choise and just leads to even less Mids/Albs playing, even lower level keeps and a worse situation in the frontiers.

That is what worries me.

What can be done about it though?

Two things:

We can passively sit back and hope Catacombs attracts more players. New players will go Excalibur though due to a better PvE bonus across the realms there though.
Then we can sit back passively again, and hope WoW loses it's hold on former DAoC players and they return. It might happen, sure. But, it's just a passive hope.

Lastly, we can actively go out and use the tools Mythic put in place for that very reason. Give incentative for people to go out and RvR. Use the bonuses pro-actively and help the realms that for various reasons have a major problem attracting people to go RvR.

Ofcourse, GoA have chosen their usual style, the passive one. They rely on hopes and assumptions instead of actively using their tools. Meanwhile the problem increases and continues.

Suchs a shame. And people wonder why we go Avalon instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom